N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Hmmm... I would advise everyone who has ordered with ShopTo to check their inbox because, I just got an e-mail from DPD confirming that my PS4 will be being delivered on 28/11/13 so it seems that at least some - if not all - of the consoles have been passed on to the courier a day early by ShopTo! :D

I'll keep you updated if I get any more info but for now it would seem likely that I will be receiving my PS4 tomorrow with any luck. :yay:

Hmmm... I would advise everyone who has ordered with ShopTo to check their inbox because, I just got an e-mail from DPD confirming that my PS4 will be being delivered on 28/11/13 so it seems that at least some - if not all - of the consoles have been passed on to the courier a day early by ShopTo! :D

I'll keep you updated if I get any more info but for now it would seem likely that I will be receiving my PS4 tomorrow with any luck. :yay:

Yep, just checked my inbox and the email from DPD is there. Delivery tomorrow.

I doubt I will get it though, it's probably a mistake. Although fingers crossed!

Just checked and yes I do have the email too received at 2254hrs tonight.

I doubt we'd get them early until I read this on the Playstation forums:

Re: Anyone asked ShopTo how they are handling the ps4 launch?

I pre ordered my PS3 slim and Xbox 360s with Shopto and not had any issues. the 360s was delivered with TNT and was shipped as soon as stock arrived with Shopto and arrived with me 2 days before official UK launch day.

My ps3 slim arrived 1 day before official launch and was delivered with DPD. My vita arrived 2 days before launch but that came with 2 games and starter pack as one consignment via DPD so all has been good with Shopto.

To be honest I can't see the PS4 being any different, orders will be processed once stock arrives and be dispatched once your order is put together and ready for dispatch and by the day of release or before.

Make of that what you will................

Fingers_crossed.gif

Damn, you luck souls. Mine will come on launch hopefully. It's DPD though, so you can never be sure.

I think DPD are brilliant. Text you day before to tell you to give you the option to delivery to neighbour or anohter day. Day of delivery they text you to give you an estimated time and you can track where the van is and where you are on list of deliveries.

Gamechanger.

Not sure if you've noticed, but this is on my account page on shopto.

***IMPORTANT PS4 DELIVERY INFORMATION***

We have been made aware that some customers have received a text/e-mail from DPD in error advising their PlayStation 4 is out for delivery today.

This information is not correct and all PS4 consoles will be shipped today for delivery on Friday (UK mainland only). While out of our hands our sincere apologies for this error and any inconvenience caused.

Please note that tracking numbers provided are correct and you will be able to track your parcel via the DPD website late this evening/tomorrow morning.

Regards,

The ShopTo Team

Not sure if you've noticed, but this is on my account page on shopto.

***IMPORTANT PS4 DELIVERY INFORMATION***

We have been made aware that some customers have received a text/e-mail from DPD in error advising their PlayStation 4 is out for delivery today.

This information is not correct and all PS4 consoles will be shipped today for delivery on Friday (UK mainland only). While out of our hands our sincere apologies for this error and any inconvenience caused.

Please note that tracking numbers provided are correct and you will be able to track your parcel via the DPD website late this evening/tomorrow morning.

Regards,

The ShopTo Team

balloon-deflate-o.gif

Oh well... :(

*goes back to normal everyday life*

GAME sold a PS4 today to a consumer, he came in saying he's unable to pick it up between today and Sunday (usually, you've got 48 hours to pick up an order) which would have meant his order would have been easy pickings for another potential customer. Kinda wish i had my reciepts with me, could have lied and picked it up today myself. Oh well.

My copy of NBA is on it's way though, Shopto gave me the dispatch notice this morning. Lucky i changed my bank details last night, otherwise i'd be fucked.

Greatness awaits? Greatness can arrive all over my face if I get a PS4 from Tesco tonight.... here's hoping.

Going by after work to check the queue scenario and find out how many they are selling to none pre-order customers. Then i'll contemplate what time to start queuing.

Seems like a sensible idea....

Sony deactivating some PSN features for the UK’s PS4 launch

Sony has announced it will be deactivating some PSN features for the UK’s PS4 launch, “to make sure that your online experience is positive”. Basically half the civilised world will be logging in at around the same time and server fuses only go so big.

Sony deactivating some PSN features for the UK’s PS4 launch

The good news is that there are only two features being switched off: the What’s New feed and the Content Information screen. These are probably going to be the most busy as they relay social info on what you and your friends play and do – trophies won, games started and so on. Obviously trying to do that for all of Europe at once isn’t going to be fun for anyone, hence the decision from Sony, “to switch off a couple of features for European customers on day one”. Sony say that, “these features will then be switched back on a few days later, once the intensity of launch day calms down”.

Nothing else will be affected so all the other online, trophy and multiplayer stuff will still work, as will video sharing and streaming.

If my PS4 is dead on arrival I'll cry....

Sony is holding back UK PS4 stock to ensure broken consoles can be swiftly replaced

Assures consumers that the failure rate of PS4 is "well within the region we see on PS3".

Sony does not expect to see widespread failures of PS4 consoles at its UK launch, but is holding back a small volume of PS4 stock in order swiftly swap out dead on arrival units, SCE UK boss Fergal Gara has told Eurogamer.

"I don't expect any major issues," assured Gara.

"But obviously any gamer who's disappointed is a problem we take seriously. We are looking into causes of those low level problems - and there are certain learnings that have already been taken which means we can potentially further reduce that low level down to as close to zero as we can possibly get it.

"But let's be clear: the failure rate on PS4 is well within the region we see on PS3, which is considered a pretty bullet-proof machine. There is no evidence there to cause panic either for us or for gamers having any lack of confidence in picking up a PS4."

Regarding the stock of held back units, Gara added: "It's not a vast volume, because there's no evidence to suggest we need a vast volume to deal with that. But our consumer services helpline is there to support gamers and solve any problems that do emerge."

1 day to go!

i5HosGmv7H5a7.gif

Edited by Cookyman