Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U eShop Thread

are1981

i'd like to play the super mario bros(1,3,world, etc.) games in "proper" 60hz mode. what is the easiest way to achieve it? i do not own or want to buy a nes/snes. i know the virtual-console ones run at 50hz, so i thought maybe i should get the GBA versions (i have a DS somewhere), and play them there.

so,

1. are the GBA versions "proper" 60hz?

2. is there some other way to play them at 60hz?

thanks,

gabor

The GBA NES Classics releases are all 60hz, as are all the 3DS VC games. I'd recommended the 3DS VC though, since the GBA NES classics feature a squashed picture (as the GBA's resolution is lower than the NES), while the 3DS VC version is perfect.

Otherwise, your only option is to import a US Wii and get the VC releases on there.

That being said, SNES games aren't currently available on 3DS, so the US Wii VC is the only way that you can currently get them all (though I would expect SNES games to hit the 3DS eventually).

Edited by Dcubed

kfvkL9h.jpg

The '90s Arcade Racer, a tribute to Daytona, Ridge Racer et al, now officially confirmed for the eshop! With Nicalis publishing though it might be a while before we see it in Europe..

Creator Antonis Pelekanos:

“There was a simple reason why I started this project, ‘What if a racing game with old school principles was built using today’s technology’. I know we can achieve that goal. Working with Nicalis, we can release on more platforms, including Wii U. Nicalis will also support with Unity programming, physics, tuning and general design and production of the game.”

I'd be well up for this! They just need to sort their apostrophes out :laughing:

Edited by Lens of Truth

This Week.

Wii U eShop Price Reduction

Chasing Aurora: New Discounted Price: £7.99 / €8.99 (until 21st February)

Trine 2: Director's Cut: New Permanently reduced price: £9.99 / €12.49

Retail Download

Tank! Tank! Tank!: Free-to-play

DLC

Tank! Tank! Tank!: £1.59 / €1.99 until 28th February.

It seems that there will be an initial discount for some packs. Apparently, some packs will see up 80% off until 28th February. They are:

• My Kong
  • Monster Battle
  • Story Mission

Prices normally are: £1.59 / €9.99

I think Trine 2 is pretty much the entire package now, especially after that recent patch. However, at this new price I expect more people to buy this now.

Also, Tank! Tank! Tank! will be mine.

Edited by -Dem0-

As someone who once had a Playstation 1 and loved the demo disks that came with the official magazine, I'm a bit in love with being able to download demos from the eshop :) It's what's made me want to purchase the Cave, (which I've just done) and Rayman Legends (thankfully after I heard about the delay)

As someone who once had a Playstation 1 and loved the demo disks that came with the official magazine, I'm a bit in love with being able to download demos from the eshop :) It's what's made me want to purchase the Cave, (which I've just done) and Rayman Legends (thankfully after I heard about the delay)
haha, yeah I adored the Demo Discs that came with the Official Dreamcast Magazine!

When I got my PS3 a year or so ago, one of the most exciting things was having demo's again!! Going on to the PSN Store and having pages and pages of them!! :D

haha, yeah I adored the Demo Discs that came with the Official Dreamcast Magazine!

When I got my PS3 a year or so ago, one of the most exciting things was having demo's again!! Going on to the PSN Store and having pages and pages of them!! :D

They're fantastic! I haven't touched a demo since the PS1 days, back then playing a demo of my most anticipated game ever Wipeout 2097 was like Christmas had come early. Plus Tekken 2 etc... Good times. Such a pleasure being able to download demos and try games out again.

Loving the eShop, and well the whole Wii U OS really, so well implemented (apart from loading times). Just wish the eShop would discount games to fit in with retail copies.

25% Discount for Trine 2 (Limited time only!)

Helsinki, Finland - 14 February 2013 - Finnish game developer Frozenbyte is happy to announce that its action game Trine 2: Director's Cut for Wii U™ has received a limited time discount of 25% in the Nintendo eShop in all territories. The discount lasts until February 28, except in Europe where it ends on March 7.

Get it while it's hot people.

That's Trine 2's 2nd discount now....damnit I'm itching to get Nano Assualt Neo but waiting for it to drop in price first :heh:

@Blade yeah I've got Trine 2 and enjoy it.

It's a nice little platformer with a lot of puzzle elements. And teh puzzles do get fairly hard as the game goes on. :D

Is that 25% discount on top of the permanent price reduction?

That's what I don't know. I haven't seen that mentioned yet. The new permanent price was €12.49 / £9.99 so if it's 25% of that then we have our answer.

Having said that I do think that this latest price drop is on top of the recent permanent price cut.

I forgot to check the price for Trine 2 on the eShop. I'll check it out when I come back home later today, perhaps someone else can confirm it.