N-Europe

Guardians of the Galaxy

bryanee

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at an outdoor screening of Mamma Mia and they had an advert for Haagen Daas. 50 foot version of Bradley Coopers smug face on the screen. I tried taking photos but my phone couldn't handle the smugness. I thought people ought to know.

I was at an outdoor screening of Mamma Mia and they had an advert for Haagen Daas. 50 foot version of Bradley Coopers smug face on the screen. I tried taking photos but my phone couldn't handle the smugness. I thought people ought to know.

Well it's not like we'll see his face. Unless you're familiar with his voice, you wouldn't notice or care :p

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Speaking to Total Film, Gunn explained that Raiders of the Lost Ark is a big influence on the film’s action, most notably the trailer’s opening scene, and that the pinnacle of his career thus far is the shot in which the camera “circles around a maniacal raccoon shooting a machine gun on the back of a living tree.”

The cute critter in question is of course rocket Raccoon, who is voiced by Bradley Cooper, and while his dialogue wasn’t ready for the trailer, Gunn explains “We hired Bradley because he’s able to do both comedy and drama – it’s the thing I look for most in the actors on all my films. And to truly sell Rocket – for you to believe a Raccoon can talk and blow up and shoot tons of stuff – we needed a well-rounded actor.”

As for other interesting stuff that Total Film learned during their chat…

- Gunn describes the Guardians as “a thief, two thugs, a murderer, and a maniac.”

- E.T. tree Groot – voiced by Vin Diesel in the flick, is “An innocent… 100% deadly and 100% sweet.”

- The “bunch of a-holes” line was an ad-lib that Gunn threw at Peter Serafinowicz.

- The spaceship shot sees the gang facing off with a fleet of the villainous Ronan the Accuser’s Necrocraft.

- Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) are “the two most hardass characters in the movie” with Gunn comparing them to Clint Eastwood.

- 1970s and ‘80s songs play a big part in the movie, with Peter Quill’s Walkman his one connection to the earth he left behind.

- There are more cool character reveals left, including Michael Rooker’s Yondu, Glenn Close’s Nova Prime, and the aforementioned Ronan the Accuser.

Gunn ends the interview saying he can’t wait for the film to hit in August, and on this evidence, neither can we.

So excited.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!