NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Here you are. :)

@MoogleViper

(this isn't my vid, just one I found on youtube)

Yeah, I've looked on Youtube and have seen quite a few gifs already on forums, too.

Clearly Hazard kicks the ball. The ballboy acts like a bit of a prick and falls onto the ball. Hazard is annoyed and kicks the ball, which can clearly be seen popping out on the opposite side of the player, as a result of being kicked.

Stupid red card. If that went against a United player, I wouldn't be happy.

The SPL is a credible league, I find the lack of respect for Celtic staggering, doesn't matter that they beat Barcelona, that they win away in Moscow, how did Sturridge fair in the Champions League? We're there because we deserve to be there and the whilst the SPL may not be the greatest league in the world, it's a hard league to play in physically. It's also a league that's helped nurture some very good players over the years.

Anyways, you're a Liverpool fan, you can't use the word 'credible'.

When did i ever mention Celtic or disrespect them? You're forever calling me out on 'twisting words', yet you're the one doing it.

I'm talking about who he is playing against. The quality of the SPL is garbage, the players are not of a high standard. You saying it doesn't matter what league, the balls are the same size etc. is laughable.

You keep going on about the Champions League. Carlos Tevez has scored 6 goals in Europe. It means little when Hooper has played barely 15 games in europe.

When did i ever mention Celtic or disrespect them? You're forever calling me out on 'twisting words', yet you're the one doing it.

I'm talking about who he is playing against. The quality of the SPL is garbage, the players are not of a high standard. You saying it doesn't matter what league, the balls are the same size etc. is laughable.

You keep going on about the Champions League. Carlos Tevez has scored 6 goals in Europe. It means little when Hooper has played barely 15 games in europe.

So you're just choosing to gloss over the fact he plays in the best competition in football and only mentioning the domestic league he plays in? You're cherry picking St Mirren and leaving out Barcelona and Benfica to suit your argument. Quality of the SPL is garbage? Why do premier league clubs keep trying to buy our players then? 15 games is a decent amount for a 24 year old, that translates to about 3 full seasons in Europe, how is that bad exactly?

I don't rate that Podolski lad either @dazzybee.

Goal:

1358973776503.gif

Assists:

1358974999776.gif

1358975362565.gif

1358976074337.gif

That's 11 goals in all competitions. Not bad considering he's been out on the left of a midfield five most of the season. Tonight was by far his best performance in an Arsenal shirt.

Goal:

1358973776503.gif

Assists:

1358974999776.gif

1358975362565.gif

1358976074337.gif

That's 11 goals in all competitions. Not bad considering he's been out on the left of a midfield five most of the season. Tonight was by far his best performance in an Arsenal shirt.

Bloody hell, he is one good game and he's the new messiah. Walcott had one good game against Croatia once and lived off that for years too.

Look, if you're happy with podolski and bifold and Walcott, fine. Bt if they so good, why are arsenal struggling so much (relatively)?

Look, if you're happy with podolski and bifold and Walcott, fine. Bt if they so good, why are arsenal struggling so much (relatively)?

I'd say there's a few reasons.

Firstly we leak sloppy goals.

Secondly we've not sorted a defensive midfielder. We've had various pairings and sometimes responsibility isn't taken.

Beyond our first eleven we've got limited options on the bench, so squad depth is thin. As shown against Chelsea we had Poldi and Ox out with the flu and we had to use Arshavin who's lost it.

And finally (excuse me if this sounds to Wenger or conspiracy theorist) I think there's a psychological problem with regards to our bigger fixtures. Both games against Chelsea & Man City, and the single games against Man Utd and Tottenham we have come out not in the right frame of mind. Like we're afraid to concede and impose our own game. We've conceded early in the first half in all those games. It's only after that (some times a while after conceding) that we actually engage and play our game. The only one we didn't was Man Utd away.

Goal:

1358973776503.gif

Assists:

1358974999776.gif

1358975362565.gif

1358976074337.gif

I caught the game from 3-1, fuck me that first goal is good. On a related note, here's a similarish goal scored by Martins and hey, it's against Spurs -

In other news, it would appear that Fabricio Coloccini is no longer with Newcastle United.

Fabricio-Coloccini.jpg

He will be missed. Hope he sorts his personal matters out in Argentina.

Edited by ipaul

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand: "I'm not the authorities but in my eyes it's a red for all those asking. Us players do put refs in bad spots at times unfortunately!"

Everton captain Phil Neville: "You can't kick the ball boy that's not right so I again agree with Chris Foy - red card!"

Stoke striker Michael Owen: "Both the kid and Hazard were in the wrong. Not having Hazard tried to hurt him though. He just tried to toe poke it out of his grip."

Former Arsenal striker Ian Wright: "To be fair, the ball boy and Hazard acted poorly. It was something you don't see everyday! Can't help smiling. Congrats Swansea by the way."

Tottenham winger Gareth Bale: "Unbelievable decision by the referee to send Hazard off but congrats to Swansea. Who'd have predicted this final?!"

"

I can't believe that Gareth Bale disagrees with the decision. You cannot kick out at a ball boy like that no matter what he's doing. The referee will realise what's happening and add extra time on.

I can't believe that Gareth Bale disagrees with the decision. You cannot kick out at a ball boy like that no matter what he's doing. The referee will realise what's happening and add extra time on.

It just reiterates what we already know. He's a tit.

Colo has lost my respect. "Personal Reasons" have never been expanded on, and the whole "tapping up" of the Argetine club has shown contempt for the way the game is governed.

1) Report the Argentine club to FIFA and demand compensation.

2) Do not release Colo from his contract and pursue him through the courts if necessary.

3) Buy another defender!

I saw it (the Ballboy thing) on the news this morning and initial reaction was Hazard was being a fool.

But on seeing it more and learning of the tweet the ballboy did before the game he prolly desevered it (even if Hazard more than likely got the ball and the ballboy hammed it up a ton)

But even better is I hear the ballboy is the son of the Swansea Chairman... it's almost like it should be an episode from that old Sky 1 show "Dream Team" haha

Colo has lost my respect. "Personal Reasons" have never been expanded on, and the whole "tapping up" of the Argetine club has shown contempt for the way the game is governed.

1) Report the Argentine club to FIFA and demand compensation.

2) Do not release Colo from his contract and pursue him through the courts if necessary.

3) Buy another defender!

Hasn't his family moved back to Argentina?

You can't really report the Argentine club for anything. They made an enquiry and have now announced that he won't be moving there.

Did he even make contact with the boy? I think he's went to kick the ball and very slightly caught the annoying twat in the ribs. He should have never even kicked the ball, and the ballboy shouldn't have covered it.

Did he even make contact with the boy? I think he's went to kick the ball and very slightly caught the annoying twat in the ribs. He should have never even kicked the ball, and the ballboy shouldn't have covered it.

Imagine if Suarez had done it..

Imagine if Suarez had done it..

God. People would be calling for the death penalty. :p

Hasn't his family moved back to Argentina?

You can't really report the Argentine club for anything. They made an enquiry and have now announced that he won't be moving there.

Enquiry? They were actively encouraging him to break his contract and making a bad situation worse. It's practically tapping. I'm sure the legality or illegality is open to debate, but they were definitely acting in a "bringing-the-game-into-disrepute" fashion.

I'd say there's a few reasons.

Firstly we leak sloppy goals.

Secondly we've not sorted a defensive midfielder. We've had various pairings and sometimes responsibility isn't taken.

Beyond our first eleven we've got limited options on the bench, so squad depth is thin. As shown against Chelsea we had Poldi and Ox out with the flu and we had to use Arshavin who's lost it.

And finally (excuse me if this sounds to Wenger or conspiracy theorist) I think there's a psychological problem with regards to our bigger fixtures. Both games against Chelsea & Man City, and the single games against Man Utd and Tottenham we have come out not in the right frame of mind. Like we're afraid to concede and impose our own game. We've conceded early in the first half in all those games. It's only after that (some times a while after conceding) that we actually engage and play our game. The only one we didn't was Man Utd away.

A surprisingly good response :)

I agree with that, and I actually do think you will get a touch stronger in the second half of the season. I do think your defence is borderline shocking though, and yeah, a DM is a priority for you guys, surprised you didn't go for M Villa, he seems a little Viera like, box to box destroyer, good defensively but can move forward too.

BBC Sport

Uefa will propose from 2015 that future Fifa presidents to have a maximum of 12 years in office. It also wants an age limit of 72 for elections to the FIFA presidency and executive committee.

The decision was taken at a meeting of the 53 UEFA member associations at the European body's headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

From the live sports feed.

I hope this gets passed. Less Old, Stubborn people in charge of FIFA. Probably still corrupt, just less old and less stubborn i'd hope.

Fucking Platini will probably be voted next FIFA president.

I bloody love football, but this recent ballboy incident epitomises everything I hate about the game nowadays.

There is one incredibly simple way to completely eradicate illegal timewasting: stopping the clock when the play is not active (like in basketball). There would be no need for stoppage time: once the clock hits 45 minutes the play stops. It would stop goalkeepers from taking ages over goalkicks and that prick of a ballboy would have had no reason to fall on top of the ball in order to delay restarting the play.

Gotta agree with you there, Rugby has is set up correct. Once the ball is out of play after 80 minutes that's the game over.

I think something like this should be added to football. 90 Minutes are up, if a team are losing, but are in possession keep going... if the defending team get the ball and kick it out, job done, game over.

If it's a draw, 90 minutes are up. Team in possession keep going, if tackled, other team now try and attack, until the ball goes out via shot / deflection / miss-pass / interception / tackle etc...

I appreciate the rule may not work as well if the teams are drawing, but sure it could work.

Gotta agree with you there, Rugby has is set up correct. Once the ball is out of play after 80 minutes that's the game over.

I think something like this should be added to football. 90 Minutes are up, if a team are losing, but are in possession keep going... if the defending team get the ball and kick it out, job done, game over.

If it's a draw, 90 minutes are up. Team in possession keep going, if tackled, other team now try and attack, until the ball goes out via shot / deflection / miss-pass / interception / tackle etc...

I appreciate the rule may not work as well if the teams are drawing, but sure it could work.

Don't like it. As far as it goes I'd much prefer the ref to end the game than having to disposes a team to kick it out. Teams who can keep hold of the ball for long periods of time can then dictate how long the game goes on for.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2267629/Eden-Hazard-ball-boy-row-new-footage-supports-Belgian-claim-kicked-ball.html

I loathe to defend anything related to those scummy blues but it's embarassing the carry on this has caused. You can see he kicked the ball with minimum contact to the little wanker. Frankly, it's quite scary how many idiots have compared that to what Cantona did.