NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

How is it a team with Ba in it scores 4 goals, and he doesn't get any of them? He was my captain this week. Bah! Not a good week for fantasy football, all my team are in the African Cup...

My mate in FF got both Ba and Torres and put Torres as captain. Luckily I have Mata and got Azpiluceta ;)

Really unlucky for Walters. One of the few people at Stoke I rate as a footballer and not a rugby thug. Shawcross and begovic I also like.

Fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooottttbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll.

Had a late night. Still got up early. So excited for today's game. As long as we beat them...

There's no excuses for that first half. We were shocking and United deserved to be something like 3-0 up. We were lucky to go in 1-0 down.

2nd half was better, but it couldn't make up for the horror show that was the 1st half.

Great impact made by Sturridge, gave us belief and looked like we could have nicked a point.

It's pointless to pick individuals who were poor first half, as i think literally every player was poor. Allen especially poor.

2nd goal was probably offside which makes it even more annoying, but our defending was really poor.

I said poor alot there.

Great first half from us, although we almost collapsed after Liverpool's goal. Thought Carrick, Cleverley and Kagawa controlled the game in the first half and we were unlucky not to be at least 3-0 up. In the second half, Liverpool got more players around Carrick and his passes started to go all over the place. That's where we lost control.

We could have done with somebody with a bit of muscle coming on to take control of that midfield, a proper ball winner. I would have had Anderson on, although he has only just come back from injury.

Overall, pleased with it. Welbeck did everything so right up until he got inside the box. We didn't get the ball to Van Persie enough, but luckily it didn't matter too much today.

Not sure if the second goal was offside though. Looked fine to me. Will need another replay to look at it properly.

Arsenal are going to get crushed today. Can see it ending 5-0 to City now.

I didn't actually think it was offside till after the game. Thought nothing of it during, then they actually showed the replay. Defo offside.

I didn't actually think it was offside till after the game. Thought nothing of it during, then they actually showed the replay. Defo offside.

I'll have a look when I watch Match of the Day later.

Fucking hell, City were pretty poor in that second half. Credit to Arsenal for coming out and having a go. If Giroud had buried that header, I reckon they would have finished with a point.

City wasted a lot of chances. No energy, tried to just cruise through the rest of the game. Dzeko didn't have a great game, either. The team looks quite average when Aguero and Yaya Toure are not in it.

Not really sure about the Kompany red card. Both players didn't look in control of their actions. Can see why it was given, but it's still quite harsh.

Oh Koscielny, you so silly.

Literally the only decision Mike Dean got right all afternoon.

Not letting us off the hook because we played crap, but our last 17 Premier League games with Mike Dean we've won 1 drawn 7 lost 9. Coincidence? Wilshere got fouled over 10 times I think he gave one booking. Kompany's red wasn't even a foul. He allowed Man City a quick free kick which they scored from, then we went to take one and he held us back. Several contested hand balls went unnoticed. Kompany in the first half fouled Podolski intentionally after Zabaleta didn't get a free kick, no card. Utter shit performance from him.

Once you're down to 10 men inside 10 minutes against a side like City, it's always going to be tough. Just harder when it's 10 v 12.

In other news, I'm off to Chelsea next Sunday. First time there, what's it like after the game Ell? Queues at Fulham Broadway?

Literally the only decision Mike Dean got right all afternoon.

Not letting us off the hook because we played crap, but our last 17 Premier League games with Mike Dean we've won 1 drawn 7 lost 9. Coincidence? Wilshere got fouled over 10 times I think he gave one booking. Kompany's red wasn't even a foul. He allowed Man City a quick free kick which they scored from, then we went to take one and he held us back. Several contested hand balls went unnoticed. Kompany in the first half fouled Podolski intentionally after Zabaleta didn't get a free kick, no card. Utter shit performance from him.

Once you're down to 10 men inside 10 minutes against a side like City, it's always going to be tough. Just harder when it's 10 v 12.

In other news, I'm off to Chelsea next Sunday. First time there, what's it like after the game Ell? Queues at Fulham Broadway?

Yeah, as the away supporters you'll probably be held until queues ended as well!

I was in the nicest section for the Swansea game and they had PADDED SEATS, but the atmosphere was dreadful so I wouldn't go back there again.

I enjoyed the second half of the Arse v City game today, Arsenal worked hard even with 10 players. Walcott was pretty ineffective though, he has no strength against the two big centre halves. I don't think Kompany's was a red but you could understand from the view of the ref (which they showed during the post-match analysing) why he thought it was double footed and out of control.

Walcott was utter pony, third game on the trot. Same problem with him, consistency, which makes this whole contract saga frustrating.

Oliver Giroud is without doubt the most beautiful man in football. He's a fine physical specimen.

He did also do more in 20 minutes than Walcott did all match.

Oliver Giroud is without doubt the most beautiful man in football. He's a fine physical specimen.

He did also do more in 20 minutes than Walcott did all match.

Both missed bread and butter chances in the last 10 minutes though. :(

Both missed bread and butter chances in the last 10 minutes though. :(

His header wasn't his greatest although to be fair on the replay it looked like the ball was a bit behind him.

Edited by Jon

The only good thing about the match was Jack Wilshere.

What a warrior, he was fouled countless times but still got back up and bossed the game. He ran the entire match, trying to win balls, going in for tackles, great passes, good runs etc. he did whatever he could in order to force the team forward.

We need more fighters like him. A player who performs through good and bad.

That game summed up Theo Walcott perfectly. Big game, chips were down and we badly needed something from him. As expected he was no where to be seen, genuinely never seems remotely interested.

Was gutted at Kosc's red card yesterday, was pretty much a game over moment knowing Arsenal's defence with 11 men, let alone 10. I was of the opinion that it wasn't a clear goalscoring opportunity and a yellow would have been sufficient (I'm a Gooner, of course I'd think that ;p), but yeah the defending was shocking for both City goals but 10 men meant more gaps to exploit, great penalty save from Szczesny mind, bit fortuitous but all the same he could have knocked it over the line when he grabbed it. Was pleased by the second half response, Aaron Ramsey actually looked pretty good when he came on, both sides had chances to score but City were fine shutting us out which they did fairly comfortably, Kompany's red was harsh, but by the letter of the law like with Kosc's you can see why the red card was given if you didn't agree with it.

So apart from Emerald Emblem, does anyone genuinely believe Koscielny was not a sending off? Blatant if you ask me.

You are a crazy Gooner Emerald! :P Not a clear goal scoring opportunity..... haha. Dzeko was what 8 yards from goal and got rugby tackled by him as the ball came over. It is a pretty clear goal scoring opportunity.

Terrible penalty though. Kompany's red I thought was harsh but you can see from the refs view why he gave it. Looks like he went right through him with both feet off the ground but another angle shows it as an absolute beautifully timed tackle and ball well won. Be interesting to see what the FA do if City appeal?

United game. We were brilliant until they went 2 up top with Sturridge coming on. Defence then fell apart a little and were way too deep. Not sure how Welbeck got Man of the Match. He worked hard but so many wasted opportunities that he should be capitalising on and doing a lot better with. Frustrating at times and I love the guy. Still, a good 3 points and everyone coming back from injuries. Important run in now.

Edited by Platty

I've seen it again numerous times and don't think it's as clear cut as it's made out to be, but I can accept the sending off as a good decision as per the rules, not for the contest.

I think it's a red but I don't think Dzeko had a clear goal scoring opportunity. He was not in control of the ball, Tevez was closer and even had the chance to score. However you can't go rugby tackling players in the box.

Koscielny hauled him to the ground. No attempt whatsoever to play the ball. Would have no complaints if a United player saw red for that.

Gordon Strachan has been officially announced as Scotland manager.

He's a quality manager with a good record. Southampton to the FA Cup Final, Celtic to the last 16 of the Champion's League twice, winning the SPL 3 seasons in a row.

I really hope he can turn the team around. Last few years have been frustrating, we for once, have a decent side but our manager has let us down. Friendly in a month time against Estonia will be his first match.

I like Strachan, he's a good character. Hopefully it works out for him.