NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

He's out for himself and that doesn't work for any club. He's had flashes of brilliance but these are mixed in amongst too many average performances that top PL clubs are expecting more from.

Why Liverpool didn't go for Ba I don't know.

He's out for himself and that doesn't work for any club. He's had flashes of brilliance but these are mixed in amongst too many average performances that top PL clubs are expecting more from.

Why Liverpool didn't go for Ba I don't know.

How do we know we weren't?

Rodgers would have thought of Sturridge as a better long term signing looking at his age. He's also much more suited to our formation. Ba is more restricted and should always be playing centrally, which is never going to happen because of obvious reasons. Sturridge will play out wide for us. Or maybe drop Suárez in to the advanced position of the midfield trio, but I wouldn't like this one bit, but i'm 99% certain Rodgers won't do this.

So what does everyone make of Sturridge's move to Liverpool?

My opinion is that he couldn't cut it at Man City, he couldn't cut it at Chelsea, so he'll fit in it at Liverpool. :heh:

In all seriousness, I think the player is extremely average hence why he's been sold from PL club to PL club to PL club.

Pretty much what I think. He's gone from big club to big club without showing anything. (I use the term "big club" lightly :p) He's very fortunate to have been in the position where he's played for City, Chelsea and now Liverpool at his age. Personally, I think he'd be right at home at a club such as Fulham, or even the likes of Stoke or West Ham. I feel he should be plying his trade there, playing week in week out before going to another big club.

He has an advantage at being able to play wide or central, which is his saving grace, imo. He'll fit in with Liverpool, because they can play him wide when they want (which they'll probably do) or central if Suarez has to go off for whatever reason.

Ba would have been a good buy, but then they'd be forced to play him through the middle, since he doesn't like going wide. And, he isn't going to displace Suarez, and Liverpool won't play with 2 strikers. So, unless they put Suarez in the hole (an option) or Suarez is injured, Ba wouldn't really get a game.

Sturridge isn't a fan of playing wide though, he does want to be the central striker.

Not really in a position to get his own way though, is he? He can either play wherever Rodgers puts him, or he can think about the times he was sitting on that lovely Chelsea bench, again.

It could be that no other Liverpool fans are here to back you up..

I'm here.. now.. :indeed:

From what I've seen recently (which isn't as much as I'd like, sadly..) I'm of the impression that Henderson deserves his place in our midfield right now. I never feel particularly comfortable when I see Shelvey in the starting line up as I don't really rate him yet but I always feel that Henderson will do a solid job in the centre of midfield when he gets his opportunities :smile:

As for Sturridge, I thought he gave a few glimpses of quality during his time at Bolton and feel that Liverpool could turn out to be the right fit for him. I hope so, anyway :heh:

Shelvey is a good talent, but he has a heavy first touch and poor mobility, and isn't quite up to scratch to play our system too well. I prefer him in a deeper role to where he's been playing most of the season.

He could be a really good player, but he's got a long way to go.

Aww Yeah... Pro 5 team ranked 4th in Bristol and 51st Nationally. Our highest so far.

mozf.jpg

How do you get ranked nationally?

If there was an award for best team name.....

I guess it's based on form, as the 3 teams above us are also unbeaten but have better goal differences.

Good game between Brighton and Newcastle. Glad Brighton won it, I'd like them to do well. The sending off for Shola was a joke, though. Two of the softest yellows ever seen, a player rolling around to get another sent off. A bit weak.

So Brighton has caused an upset. Its looking like if things carry on Bournemouth will aswell as they are currently beating Wigan. I love the FA cup at the 3rd round.

Although if Oxford win then I will be upset.

So Brighton has caused an upset.

They beat Newcastle. This really isn't an upset at this point :heh:

Ba... instant impact....

Torres reaction...LOL

nmCWr.png

not bad first half so far with united / Hammers... some great passing from United.

Van Persie is fantastic to watch. Beast.

Fuck, Vidic, Kagawa and Valencia were all awful today. Valencia seems to have forgotten how to cross. Very worried. Kagawa and Vidic have just come back from big injuries, so maybe it'll take time. But, not really sure where Kagawa is going to play in this team.

We badly need somebody in central defence to take charge, as well as a destroyer in midfield. Two big, big players to come in and just scare the opposition. Basically, last season's Kompany and Yaya Toure.

Chuffed with Cleverley's finish and Giggs' pass and Van Persie's take for the equaliser was excellent. Welbeck was probably my personal man of the match today, put himself about and gave some fantastic touches. Unlucky not to score.

Was just wishing West Ham would hold on. They gave as good as they got tonight and we all love upsets, but you can't stop Van Persie.

I believe the correct assessment of yesterday's FA Cup 3rd round results is "COME ON YOU HATTERS! LUTONNNNNNN!!!" :D

Arsenal have just turned it around. 2 goals in the space of a couple minutes at the end of the match to go 2-1 up.

Swansea happened to equalize when Charlie posted.

Full Time, Swansea 2-2 Arsenal. We had a legitimate penalty appeal turned down as well.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

You'll get Swansea after they obliterate Arsenal, again.

U mad, @JonSt? ;)

I R :weep:

What a game for the neutral. At one point we looked like the team of old, playing at such a high tempo. Then the usual Arsenal turn up and we can't defend for shit, seriously Metresacker was gash, far too tight to his man and then proceeding to fall over.

Didn't really want a replay but at least we're still in for another week at least.

We got Reading away. I know i said i wanted premier league opposition so really should not complain