NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Brighton vs swansea/arsenal! Really hoping it's Arsenal, because it may be the first Brighton match I get to see, despite working in the stadium previously.

Christ. Are you seriously claiming that was intentional?

Of course not, these things happen.

They just seem to happen to Suarez far far more often than anyone else.

Cheating within 3 minutes of coming on the pitch, Suarez has outdone himself.

Haha against poor little Mansfield aswell. Whats the point?

As much as I loathe Suarez, I doubt it was intentional and there's nothing that can be done about it after the event.

If you look at Saurez's body language he thought it was going to be disallowed. Ref's fault not Suarez's

You'll get Swansea after they obliterate Arsenal, again.

U mad, @JonSt? ;)

No, we'll do them at home. It will be a battle of congested January..

Swansea is a bit of a shit hole mind.

And Liverpool having to cheat to beat a non League outfit, classy.

Did Everton cheat when their players failed to point out that Suarez was a mile onside when he scored a goal that should have stood?

Wow, I'd respond to your comment Ramar if you didn't have Henry as your sig.

I R :weep:

What a game for the neutral. At one point we looked like the team of old, playing at such a high tempo. Then the usual Arsenal turn up and we can't defend for shit, seriously Metresacker was gash, far too tight to his man and then proceeding to fall over.

Didn't really want a replay but at least we're still in for another week at least.

I thought you had the winner when it went to 2-1. Surprised Swansea came back into it after that, as I thought at that point Arsenal would go on to win 3 or 4-1.

No, we'll do them at home. It will be a battle of congested January..

Swansea is a bit of a shit hole mind.

And Liverpool having to cheat to beat a non League outfit, classy.

Home game should be great. Reckon we could see another draw, so maybe extra-time and penalties.

Just found something interesting in the rules:

11. EXTRA TIME, REPLAYS, POSTPONED AND ABANDONED GAMES (MATCHES PLAYED PRIOR TO THE SEMI FINALS)

a.Extra Time in First Matches

If a first match is drawn after 90 minutes, an extra 30 minutes may be played (15 minutes each way). The agreement for the playing of extra time shall be agreed in writing between both Clubs and confirmed in writing by the Home Club to The Association on The Match Arrangement Form which must be received by The Association within seven days of the date of the draw and notified to the Referee on the Official Team Sheet no later than 45 minutes in the Qualifying Competition and 60 minutes in the Competition Proper prior to kick-off.

Has this ever happened? From what I gather reading these rules, you can go straight into extra-time during the first match, as long as both teams agree to it beforehand. I thought the replay was mandatory but this is what appears on the FA's website.

Also, this is the Suarez incident:

8353550515_550f0f3631_o.gif

Not his biggest fan at all, and I think he's very fortunate to get a goal from that. Not entirely sure for myself if you could say he is cheating, but he does gain an advantage from having his arm outstretched. If our team had given away a penalty from something like that, I'd say fair enough.

I think it is a pretty blatant handball but the linesman nor the ref saw it and no footballer in the world is going to say sorry no goal I handballed it.

Ask Henry.

Wow, I'd respond to your comment Ramar if you didn't have Henry as your sig.

Unlike you MadDog I've got the bollocks to call my players out. Although the 'Hand of Frog' incident, didn't exactly take place in an Arsenal shirt now did it..

In fairness to the players, it's not their job to enforce the rules. Although, it would be fantastic and would make everything easier if somebody did come out during the match and said, "yeah, it was handball."

Miroslav Klose did it in September. I did lol at the fact that his team went on to lose the game 3-0. If he believed in God at the time, I'm not so sure he does anymore. :p

Unlike you MadDog I've got the bollocks to call my players out. Although the 'Hand of Frog' incident, didn't exactly take place in an Arsenal shirt now did it..

But It's clear as day that he didn't intentionally handball that. I'm never for a second saying that it should have stood, but it annoys me when people call him a cheat for it for doing what every other player in football would have done.

Blame the officials, not him. Apparently the linesman was the same one who gave Suarez offside in the Merseyside derby.

Blame that clown. :p

But It's clear as day that he didn't intentionally handball that. I'm never for a second saying that it should have stood, but it annoys me when people call him a cheat for it for doing what every other player in football would have done.

Blame the officials, not him. Apparently the linesman was the same one who gave Suarez offside in the Merseyside derby.

Blame that clown. :p

Going to play Devil's Advocate here for a second: I believe Suarez has actually missed out on a huge opportunity here.

There's no denying that he has a terrible reputation in this country (putting it lightly). Let's just say for a second that he did tell the referee that he handled the ball and that the goal shouldn't stand (like Klose did). It would have gone some way to improving his self-image, as well as putting Liverpool FC in a good light. "We have honest players," so to speak.

The game was in a good position for him to do that. Liverpool were already winning when that goal came in, so not much hinged on it at the time.

Going to play Devil's Advocate here for a second: I believe Suarez has actually missed out on a huge opportunity here.

There's no denying that he has a terrible reputation in this country (putting it lightly). Let's just say for a second that he did tell the referee that he handled the ball and that the goal shouldn't stand (like Klose did). It would have gone some way to improving his self-image, as well as putting Liverpool FC in a good light. "We have honest players," so to speak.

The game was in a good position for him to do that. Liverpool were already winning when that goal came in, so not much hinged on it at the time.

I agree. Against a non-league outfit as well, least you can do is show some class.

There should be more of an effort by players to play to the spirit of the law, not the word. Good sportsmanship is found in players who aren't playing amongst the loopholes. Anyone remember Robbie Fowler not wanting the penalty? I always respected the player after that, because it's about morals. Suarez is not someone I'd trust with my pint, nor my toothbrush!

I agree with my Flinkington here. Suarez missed a massive opportunity to change some peoples opinion on him. But as a striker and a team player you'll always take the goal and play until the whistle. I always play to the whistle but then I'm not a massive cheat like he is. He could have spoke to the ref and even if the ref still let it stand at least the motion would have been there.

Cos it's happened to him media will no doubt jump on it. If it was Stevie G or someone the goal probably wouldn't get as much hate. I don't agree with you madDog when you say it's clear it was unintentional. Is it? I don't think so.

Pah. 3 goals being scored in that match made me 30 quid anyways so I don't give two shits.

There should be more of an effort by players to play to the spirit of the law, not the word. Good sportsmanship is found in players who aren't playing amongst the loopholes. Anyone remember Robbie Fowler not wanting the penalty? I always respected the player after that, because it's about morals. Suarez is not someone I'd trust with my pint, nor my toothbrush!

Remember Paolo di Canio catching the ball when he had the chance to score in an open net, because he saw that the keeper was injured?

Remember Paolo di Canio catching the ball when he had the chance to score in an open net, because he saw that the keeper was injured?

I can still close my eyes and see that as if it just happened. Great little moment that was.

edit: found a vid

As for Suarez I just saw what happened on the morning news round ups.

Him kissing his hand after getting the goal to me says he knew what he was doing to some extent. Even if he didn't intentionally try to handle the ball he still followed it up. And the "secretly" kissing his hand afterwards makes it seem like he could have done something (like avoid the handball).....that or he's just incredibly stupid. :heh:

As for Suarez I just saw what happened on the morning news round ups.

Him kissing his hand after getting the goal to me says he knew what he was doing to some extent. Even if he didn't intentionally try to handle the ball he still followed it up. And the "secretly" kissing his hand afterwards makes it seem like he could have done something (like avoid the handball).....that or he's just incredibly stupid. :heh:

I'm going to give Suarez the benefit of the doubt and say it was accidental as both of his arms were in a similar position. However kissing his hand afterwards has reconfirmed my position of him being an absolute wanker.

Tbf Suarez does that celebration after every goal.

I don't get all this wrist & tattoo kissing trend that's taken off as bad as the wedding ring kissing that goes on.

I don't get all this wrist & tattoo kissing trend that's taken off as bad as the wedding ring kissing that goes on.

Fair enough, didn't realise that.

Edit - Actually thinking about it, he shouldn't have done it because of what just happened. Still a wanker.

Oh I didn't know that either....but liek Charlie I think given what had just happened you'd think he'd have thought maybe that not the best thing to do.