NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Watched the last twenty minutes of that game, intriguing stuff. Bradford held out well in the end, in the face of what was appeared to be an absolutely rockin' atmosphere at Villa.

In other news, it appears Newcastle are signing some more players - and they're all from Ligue 1.

real3.jpg

Yanga Mbiwa has definitely been signed from Montpellier, announced for a fee of something like £7m. Great news, we needed a centre half. Apparently we've nearly signed Nancy left back, Massadio Haïdara, as well as Bordeaux forward Yoan Gouffran - something like £3m and £1.5m for each of those players. Apparently we might also sign Moussa Sissoko. After Dirty 'Arry swiping Remy from under our noses, I'm tempering my excitement until all of these are 100% official.

It would be great if all of these came off and proved to be decent players for the club, but it also begs the question: Why didn't we do this in the summer?! Ah well. Feeling a bit more optimistic about things right now, especially considering we play Villa next :heh: First away win of the season would be great.

Got to love Pardew's new found spending spree in France, especially when he had this to say a few years back;

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain," he said.

"I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

"It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4792270.stm

Hypocrite.

---

That aside, Bradford have had a cracking run. Hope they make a real go of it in the final.

Got to love Pardew's new found spending spree in France, especially when he had this to say a few years back;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/4792270.stm

Hypocrite.

---

It reminded me of Arsenal quite a lot actually. Looks like Pardew's changed his mind since then, probably to do with the fact there's some utterly ridiculous pricing going on when it comes to English players.

Increasingly looks like United are signing Zaha from Palace. Different stories running around on price ranging from 12 mil to 20 mil. One thing that seems to be constant is that if we do buy him now he will remain at Palace on loan until the end of season. Good deal for Palace.

My personal thoughts are that it's a good signing if it's more near the 12 million mark. Good young talent, power, speed and skill and still very young bit like Moses was when he was there and he now seems to be coming on good at Chelsea. Zaha could do very well at United with time but his signing may spell the end for the likes of Nani though.

EDIT: Oh did anyone see Ameobi's tweet today? :)

Samuel Ameobi ✔ @sammy_Ameobi

Need to brush up on my French because this is just getting ridiculous lol

:D

Edited by Platty

It reminded me of Arsenal quite a lot actually. Looks like Pardew's changed his mind since then, probably to do with the fact there's some utterly ridiculous pricing going on when it comes to English players.

Maybe the northern air has changed his xenophobic ways. :laughing:

Agree with you completely on the price thing though, Zaha will go to United for £12M. On the continent you could get a much better and experienced player for the same price.

Maybe the northern air has changed his xenophobic ways. :laughing:

Agree with you completely on the price thing though, Zaha will go to United for £12M. On the continent you could get a much better and experienced player for the same price.

Yeah that's what I thought when I saw that, although youth is highly valued right? Also, I guess Ferguson would enjoy having someone he can mould, so to speak.

I think a lot of clubs these days don't see any value in buying English players because of their weird mark up. Liverpool don't seem to have caught on mind :heh:

Fergie was at the Celtic ground last night, as was AVB apparently. Scouting Wanyama?

IMG_2063.jpg

And as for the French, Sorry Newcastle squad, It's cray -

WU2iY9z.jpg

Krul ruined it.

Fergie was at the Celtic ground last night, as was AVB apparently. Scouting Wanyama?

IMG_2063.jpg

I heard that AVB was also looking at Hooper. He's one of the best younger English forwards there is. Champions League goal scorer, far better than Sturridge, Carroll and Wellbeck but a fraction of the price.

I just hope that he doesn't get sold before the Summer as he'll play a crucial part against Juve.

Found this pretty funny. Look at Drogba's face when they are asked 'worst haircut?'.

Hooper isn't better than Sturridge. :p

He absolutely is. Not in question.

Fergie can get to fuck, big Vic isn't heading there. Neil Lennon should recruit Liam Miller as part of his no campaign.

He's never played internationally and has only played at Championship/SPL level. How on earth is he better?

Djimi Traore played and won in a Champions League final. What's your point?

Wee question; what was that electroswing song used in MOTD goal of the month segments during the 2011/12 season? ... Maybe the one before that. I don't know it was was featured this season (not seen any GOTM bits yet)

He's never played internationally and has only played at Championship/SPL level. How on earth is he better?

He scores goals everywhere he's been, be it Championship level, SPL or in the Champions League. He also settles at every club he's been at and isn't a disruption in the dressing room. He has a far higher work rate for his team and he misses far few chances than Sturridge. Doesn't matter what league you play in, the ball and the size of the goal are the same.

AVB was NOT at Celtic yesterday! Hoping for a great nit of arsenal and Chelsea misery!

I heard that AVB was also looking at Hooper. He's one of the best younger English forwards there is. Champions League goal scorer, far better than Sturridge, Carroll and Wellbeck but a fraction of the price.

I just hope that he doesn't get sold before the Summer as he'll play a crucial part against Juve.

Not really fair to say he's far better than Danny Welbeck when the two are nothing like. Danny is still learning and has already done really well to even cement his place at United, considering he's up against the likes of Rooney and Van Persie every week. His link-up play is excellent and he has probably played better than any of our wingers this season when playing out there, which shows how well he can adapt. I rate him very highly and think he has been great to watch this season. Shooting needs improvement, but as a strike partner he is probably the best we have at the club.

He scores goals everywhere he's been, be it Championship level, SPL or in the Champions League. He also settles at every club he's been at and isn't a disruption in the dressing room. He has a far higher work rate for his team and he misses far few chances than Sturridge. Doesn't matter what league you play in, the ball and the size of the goal are the same.

But the opposition players aren't the same. Doing it against Ross County and St Mirren is easy.

If he actually moves to a credible league and performs there, I'll retract everything i've said.

Well Hazard has been sent off for 'kicking the ball boy' the ball boy was lying on the floor not letting Hazard have the ball back, i'd have booted him in the face.

Newcastle sign Yoan Gouffran on a 4 and a half year deal. Good news for them.

Will have to see the Hazard incident myself. But, the ball boy's job is to give the ball back to the players, to keep playing continuing. Holding onto the ball is just bullshit.

But the opposition players aren't the same. Doing it against Ross County and St Mirren is easy.

If he actually moves to a credible league and performs there, I'll retract everything i've said.

The SPL is a credible league, I find the lack of respect for Celtic staggering, doesn't matter that they beat Barcelona, that they win away in Moscow, how did Sturridge fair in the Champions League? We're there because we deserve to be there and the whilst the SPL may not be the greatest league in the world, it's a hard league to play in physically. It's also a league that's helped nurture some very good players over the years.

Anyways, you're a Liverpool fan, you can't use the word 'credible'.

Newcastle sign Yoan Gouffran on a 4 and a half year deal. Good news for them.

Will have to see the Hazard incident myself. But, the ball boy's job is to give the ball back to the players, to keep playing continuing. Holding onto the ball is just bullshit.

Here you are. :)

Another angle:

@MoogleViper

(this isn't my vid, just one I found on youtube)

Edited by Mike1988uk
Just noticed Moogles post!