NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Fucking hell, is this still being discussed? He kicked the ball. It's not even up for debate. What should be up for debate is why a ballboy refused to give the ball back to the players, when it's his bluddy job. Boasting about it on twitter beforehand just makes me feel even more sympathy for Hazard. No malice in it whatsoever.

Ballboys. Wasting time. What the hell has this sport become?

Fucking hell, is this still being discussed? He kicked the ball. It's not even up for debate. What should be up for debate is why a ballboy refused to give the ball back to the players, when it's his bluddy job. Boasting about it on twitter beforehand just makes me feel even more sympathy for Hazard. No malice in it whatsoever.

Ballboys. Wasting time. What the hell has this sport become?

I'm with you Flink. I got shit on facebook last night for sympathising with Hazard.

Load of non footballing people just posting stuff like "I wish I could go round kicking whoever I want" and "That's assault, sling him in jail"... Ignoring the fact Hazard kicked the ball, not the 17 year old "boy".

What the hell has this sport become?

It's ridiculous. I heard a lot of comments about the incident before I actually saw it for myself and I figured it must have been something terrible given what everyone was saying..

..and then I saw the incident. A load of nonsense about nothing. Hazard just wanted the ball back in play as Chelsea were against the clock and needed to get on with it and was rightly frustrated. To say it is indefensible, to me at least, is a joke.

A complete overreaction by the media, as usual.. but, as a Liverpool fan, I've become used to that in recent years :nono:

I'm with you Flink. I got shit on facebook last night for sympathising with Hazard.

Load of non footballing people just posting stuff like "I wish I could go round kicking whoever I want" and "That's assault, sling him in jail"... Ignoring the fact Hazard kicked the ball, not the 17 year old "boy".

Are people that stupid? Unbelievable.

It's ridiculous. I heard a lot of comments about the incident before I actually saw it for myself and I figured it must have been something terrible given what everyone was saying..

..and then I saw the incident. A load of nonsense about nothing. Hazard just wanted the ball back in play as Chelsea were against the clock and needed to get on with it and was rightly frustrated. To say it is indefensible, to me at least, is a joke.

A complete overreaction by the media, as usual.. but, as a Liverpool fan, I've become used to that in recent years :nono:

I read it on the BBC Sport livetext and expected it to be along the lines of the ballboy picking up the ball, Hazard ripping it from his hands and dropping kicking him in the balls. The reality was much less amusing.

It's a shame. This could harm a player's reputation. Don't really think Hazard is the thug-ish type.

On a brighter note, looks like United have managed to get Zaha. Considering that most of our wingers haven't really turned it on this season, this seems like a good investment. Has buckets of potential.

Are Newcastle trying to join the French League? Debuchy, M'Biwa, Gourcoff and apparently now Sissoko. It's almost an all French starting 11, will they go after Tottenham's Hugo Lloris next?

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Are Newcastle trying to swap to the French League? Debuchy, M'Biwa, Gourcoff and apparently now Sissoko.

They'll be after that Joey Barton next!

Oh wai-

Yes biatch. It doesn't contain archives from the season(s) in question because that article was published at least 6 years before the song was played :P

I've google-fu'd to the best of my ability.... Wait I've just had an idea to scour youtube for recordings-off-tv for the GOTM bits from those seasons. Fingers crossed!

Searching some more, perhaps it's not GOTM music but another segment of the show.... Arg my poor memory. Can't remember the song, the segment, the season...!

Sorry Jay only song I know MotD to have used was Alkaline Trio's Trucks and Trains and that was when they use to show the league table. 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Are Newcastle trying to join the French League? Debuchy, M'Biwa, Gourcoff and apparently now Sissoko. It's almost an all French starting 11, will they go after Tottenham's Hugo Lloris next?

Gouffran, not Gourcoff :heh:

I'd be pleased if we got Lloris.

Off topic from the prem and such....

Our 5 a side team has it's final fixture of the season next Thursday, Against the team in 2nd place... title decider..

mozfy.jpg

You have a much more miserly defence. I'm sure you'll win.

With my old team we did 7, finishing 2nd place in 5 of them, 3rd in one and finally winning the league once.

We retired that team after our only league win and started this new one MoZF last year. This is our 2nd proper season with them, finished last season 6th *ahem* and got relegated because the 2 teams below dropped out, therefore making us bottom of the league.

Wasn't too thrilled with that, but kinda been a blessing in disguise as we're pretty comfortable in this league.

We beat the team in 2nd pretty comfortably last time we played them. Still ranked 4th in Bristol and 52nd Nationally.

mozf2.jpg

Gotta be honest, bricking it about next week lol. Shouldn't take it as seriously as I do, But I love the game. The feeling after the games this season with the whole team have been incredible. Everyone's so geared up for this game. Hope I can report a win next Friday :)

I bloody love football, but this recent ballboy incident epitomises everything I hate about the game nowadays.

There is one incredibly simple way to completely eradicate illegal timewasting: stopping the clock when the play is not active (like in basketball). There would be no need for stoppage time: once the clock hits 45 minutes the play stops. It would stop goalkeepers from taking ages over goalkicks and that prick of a ballboy would have had no reason to fall on top of the ball in order to delay restarting the play.

The problem with that is the games would go on far, far longer. The average time the ball is in play is only 62 minutes.

@jayseven Did you get a ticket for tomorrow?

Really hope we turn up, my away record this season is exceptionally poor. Been to 8, Won 1 (extra time at that), Drawn 4, Lost 3.

The problem with that is the games would go on far, far longer. The average time the ball is in play is only 62 minutes.

Well I think they should at least trial it. If games don't end up finishing until half 5, then they should consider reducing the total play time to 80 minutes or something similar.

(Of course this is all just a pipe dream.)

Well I think they should at least trial it. If games don't end up finishing until half 5, then they should consider reducing the total play time to 80 minutes or something similar.

(Of course this is all just a pipe dream.)

You're right, it's a pipe dream. There's no ground swell for such action. Look at goal line technology. How long have people been asking for it and it's still not here?

Alan Pardew must have developed cataracts in the intervening years because he definitely lost that said "sight".

Nope :P I saw that too, lol! I'm starting to think I've got the segment really wrong. It's defnitely electroswing.

@Ramar I left my mate in charge of getting tickets and did he get them straight after the draw like I thought? No. He told me last week he'd forgotten, so we're going to see the game against hull instead. Fucking £35 a ticket though... mental.

Watching Stoke vs. Man City. What a boring game. Whelan should have been sent off for Stoke with a bad tackle on Garcia.

Nope :P I saw that too, lol! I'm starting to think I've got the segment really wrong. It's defnitely electroswing.

@Ramar I left my mate in charge of getting tickets and did he get them straight after the draw like I thought? No. He told me last week he'd forgotten, so we're going to see the game against hull instead. Fucking £35 a ticket though... mental.

Gutted. You missed a good game. Nice ground you've got there too.

Into the next round = me happy.