NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Funniest result of the night? Chelsea winning 2-0 with 3 minutes left and draw 2-2. Where are Reading in the league? Love it!

The midweek fixtures couldn't of gone much better as Manchester United fan :)

It's transfer deadline day - and it can only mean one thing; Harry Redknapp has just conducted an interview through his car window.

Seriously though, i don't understand the QPR thing. How did they suddenly become this super mega rich club capable of buying all these players?

It's transfer deadline day - and it can only mean one thing; Harry Redknapp has just conducted an interview through his car window.

Seriously though, i don't understand the QPR thing. How did they suddenly become this super mega rich club capable of buying all these players?

It's not just deadline day he does that, he does it everyday of his life. :p

Change of topic temporarily.

But tonight is the night, final game of the season, It couldn't be scripted any better. Murder on Zidanes Floor in 1st place by 3 points vs Honkey Honk in 2nd place. We have plus 27 goals on them, so we can afford to lose the game by no more than 13 goals.

We've had 1 regular player for us drop out due to bladder infection, a 2nd regular player can only make the 2nd half as he has a wedding suit fitting...

Got a ringer in to replace the guy that's definitely out, but we'd rather not have ringers in this match.

The mood is tense. The lads are texting me and each other getting ourselves geared up for it. Tactics are being discussed...

Comparisons have been made to the final day of the premier league last season (LOL)

This is it... 8 Hours & 15 Minutes till Kick off.....

Can we replicate Arsenals invincible's season, If we can we're hoping our slogan will read better than theirs did... "Win Some, Draw None, Lose None!"

Thursday Night football coverage and buildup brought to you via Murr

:p

Not sure how to feel about the game. On the whole, we were outplayed for the whole of the 2nd half and did good first half. On that you could say a point is good. It feels like a loss, though. So gutted to be 2-0 up then for it to be 2-2 minutes later. We just couldn't slow the game down when we needed to, due to our passing being off.

Carra was an absolute rock at the back and played really well. Wilshere was immense in the middle, he took control of the whole game in the 2nd half, i really admire him as a player.

Oh, and nice dive Giroud. ;)

I'm disappointed we played so badly. Literally gifted two goals, the first you can spot 4 mistakes before the ball hits the back of the net. Embarrassing.

However being 2-0 down and coming back to 2-2, means overall it's a point gained. But we could and probably should have won the game. We had the momentum second half and I personally think Rosicky should have come on for Ramsey or Cazorla at around 70 minutes. We eased off a little at 2-2, when we should have gone for the jugular.

Giroud took a tumble, but Suarez was like a fish out of water all night. A fart could blow that man over.

Good luck tonight @Murr!

Surely it would be 'Win all, draw none, lose none' unless there are games that slipped through without any of those outcomes?

Surely it would be 'Win all, draw none, lose none' unless there are games that slipped through without any of those outcomes?

touché salesman.... touché

Our game was strange yesterday, excellent first half but the second half was such a contrast. Never known a season where both halves of our games have differed so greatly. Genuinely expected Southampton to get a point after that second half performance.

Pleased with what I saw of Kagawa. That was more like it. Hope he kicks on now. :)

Transfer deadline daaaaay. I've had this on in work in the background in work...dropped my jaw at the Beckham to PSG deal.

There are some childrens charities in Paris who probably perked their ears up....

Thursday Night football coverage and buildup brought to you via Murr

How did it go? Genuinely interested having seen your various posts over the last few weeks in here.

Can't work out if the move actually went through in the end but Anzhi seem to have picked up Willian for £34 million. What a ridiculous club. A bit more than the £20m we were struggling to cobble together for him.

Was at Carrow Road for the Spurs Norwich match, saw this beauty in the flesh

f8d7bbe32670e9f2362c648aba818369.gif

Phwwooaaar.

Pretty crap team performance aside from that moment though, at least for the first 70 minutes when Holtby came on. He looks a real class act, silky one touch passes, could be what we need.

Really fear for not getting champions league now though, having not signed a striker. Defoe was useless last night, reported to be playing through injury, and Adebayor has been crap this season. Ach.

Unfortunately we lost our 100% record last night, we lost 7-6

We played the first half without a sub, One of our lads had a dentist appointment, the other a wedding suit fitting, one of our players text me saying they were sent home from work due to chucking up so wouldn't show, and as mentioned one of our regulars was out due to an infection...

so 1st half without a sub and we're winning 5-3, 2nd half when our subs get there and we lose 7-6.

Never mind, we still won the league on goal difference, they would of had to win 13-0 to take top spot, so we were always confident that the league would be ours.

mozf.jpg

Edited by Murr

Really fear for not getting champions league now though, having not signed a striker. Defoe was useless last night, reported to be playing through injury, and Adebayor has been crap this season. Ach.

Unbelievable that Spurs didn't get a striker. But, it was to be expected. I said the same thing in the Summer only to have Dazzy throw a list of names, claiming that "oh, we'll just get these players in January." They were never going to happen. The Damaio deal was nowhere near being completed, Spurs made a token offer that was never going to get accepted.

Can't see them finishing 4th. I expect Arsenal to push on and take their spot now. Could even see Everton or Liverpool finishing above Spurs. One long term injury to Defoe and that's it, it's over.

I play in a Sunday night league at goals and going into out last game we need to win by at least a 20 goal margin to gain promotion into the top division. We won 19-2 :(

Unbelievable that Spurs didn't get a striker. But, it was to be expected. I said the same thing in the Summer only to have Dazzy throw a list of names, claiming that "oh, we'll just get these players in January." They were never going to happen. The Damaio deal was nowhere near being completed, Spurs made a token offer that was never going to get accepted.

Can't see them finishing 4th. I expect Arsenal to push on and take their spot now. Could even see Everton or Liverpool finishing above Spurs. One long term injury to Defoe and that's it, it's over.

Dunno mayyttte, we're still the same team that outplayed you the other week (yeah i said it), plus I genuinely think Holtby could prove to be the signing of the window - £1.5m? Phwoar. Gotta hope we have enough goals from midfield really. The hope is that none of the teams around us have done enough transfer-wise to change things too dramatically.. still in forth as it stands

88_AVB_1412661a.jpg

Everton / Arsenal haven't strengthened much (and Jelavic's gone off the boil for the former so, same striker problem we have) and we're still just about ahead so, I think it'll be a close run.

I'm actually getting pretty worried about Liverpool. Sturridge could the missing piece...

Exciting end to the season in any case!

Dunno mayyttte, we're still the same team that outplayed you the other week (yeah i said it), plus I genuinely think Holtby could prove to be the signing of the window - £1.5m? Phwoar. Gotta hope we have enough goals from midfield really. The hope is that none of the teams around us have done enough transfer-wise to change things too dramatically.. still in forth as it stands

88_AVB_1412661a.jpg

Everton / Arsenal haven't strengthened much (and Jelavic's gone off the boil for the former so, same striker problem we have) and we're still just about ahead so, I think it'll be a close run.

I'm actually getting pretty worried about Liverpool. Sturridge could the missing piece...

Exciting end to the season in any case!

We were dreadful in that second half and can't play a full 90 minutes of good football. Only reason we're 7 points clear is the signing of Van Persie. Without him, it would be much closer, maybe even with City in front.

It's exciting, yes. Looking at Arsenal's attacking players, I'd be surprised if they didn't make up the difference now, though. Walcott's on form, Giroud has also made an impact, and then there's the likes of Cazorla and Podolski.

We need to sort our defence. Scoring goals isn't our problem. Keeping them out maintaining concentration for a whole match are.

We need to sort our defence. Scoring goals isn't our problem. Keeping them out maintaining concentration for a whole match are.

Well, that might improve with the fact that you've brought somebody in to replace Santos. :p

Well, that might improve with the fact that you've brought somebody in to replace Santos. :p

Not really as Santos has barely been involved lately. Vermaelen needs to discover his form from before his long injury, he was phenomenal back then. I think he's trying too hard since being made captain, feels he needs to carry the team. Koscielny was class last season, he was France's best player at the world cup and didn't even play every game but he's not turned up this season. I don't think it helps he's been in and out of the team but it's not much of an excuse. These are very good players just not playing to the level they should be.

FUCKING YEEEAAAAHHHH BOYYYYYYY

MoussaSissokoNewcastleunveiling_2891078.jpg

Looks to be a super signing.

Great, great effort by the team today. After we went 2-1 down I just thought it was all gonna go horribly wrong and it very nearly did but we pulled through, came from behind and won right at the death. You could really see how much it meant to all the staff as well, great stuff. Jonas even had a decent game, great goal!

Chelsea could have quite easily won mind...which makes it even more satisfying that they didn't :D With regards to Ba, I almost felt a bit sorry for the guy. It was very reminiscent of when Andy Carroll came back at us with Liverpool and just had the most torrid time.

So pleased.

Nice, looking forward to watching that match tonight!

Just came back inside and checked the Arsenal result.

It finished Arsenal 1-0 Stoke. I think this could either be an average match with not much action or the opposition GK put in another MOTM performance against us.

Either way I hope we didn't play poorly in the first half because Arsenal have been slow starters as of late, going behind in most of the matches or playing terribly in the first half. Come the 2nd Half, we're a totally different team, more critical passes, better movement, more goals. This needs to change.

Nice, looking forward to watching that match tonight!

Just came back inside and checked the Arsenal result.

It finished Arsenal 1-0 Stoke. I think this could either be an average match with not much action or the opposition GK put in another MOTM performance against us.

Either way I hope we didn't play poorly in the first half because Arsenal have been slow starters as of late, going behind in most of the matches or playing terribly in the first half. Come the 2nd Half, we're a totally different team, more critical passes, better movement, more goals. This needs to change.

We played all right. Stoke sat back with 10 men behind the ball for all the game. Begovic made some good stops in the first half to deny Chamberlain. Second half we struggled to create clear chances, until Poldi's deflected free kick. Deserved the win.