N-Europe

Rayman Legends

madeinbeats

Wow! That's amazing!

I don't think we've ever seen a public protest from a game developer against their publisher like this before!

So sad and yet it's so good to see their own developers publically shame the publisher. I'd be amazed if they kept their jobs after this, voluntarily or otherwise. Nintendo would do well to poach the team while they can, especially seeing as how they just recently set up an EU R&D team in France (Nintendo European Research & Development)...

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im tempted to pick up Origins for the wii. Is it any good? Is it cheap?

The answer is a definite yes to both of your questions. It's absolutely brilliant. I'm playing it at the moment on the Wii, it was in anticipation for Legends before the announcement of the delay and it only served to heighten my interest more. Buy Origins now, you'll love it.

To me the image of Ancel and the others with their 'appeal' sign feels like a watershed moment in gaming. (Perhaps signalling that the industries business side has forgot both the people who make the games AND those who buy them.)

I shouldn't be surprised. It happens to all popular goods.

Edited by tapedeck

One of the protest Miiverse posts had a really good point.

This incident has turned the Miiverse into a real 'Social community'.

I can't stop reading the "U Play" community.

Yeah, I hadn't bothered with Miiverse that much in a while but it was quite amusing reading through the U Play community :heh:

I noticed it even made the Wii U home page, though the little speech bubbles weren't popping up. Perhaps Ubi stopped it?

A victory! (sort of)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151460128936211

The upcoming exclusive demo has been ditched in favour of a Wii U exclusive "Challenge Mode" download, featuring content from the full game in Challenge mode, for free.

Eh, it's not what we wanted, but it's better than a demo. At least the devs are trying something I guess, even if the suits won't let them just give us the full game :blank:

So they're going to release this challenge mode as a standalone eshop download that'll have lots of levels from the actual game? Won't that kind of spoil the release a bit, having all these levels playable? And will the challenge mode then be integrated into the main game when it's finally out?

its still not good enough, the game is gold for the WiiU and just being held purely so its a simultaneous release with Xbox (ala the MS agreements) and quite frankly they need to release it and give the finger to MS, if they want to not get the the game and let it be on Ps and WiiU only then hell yeah screw them!

so sick of ubisoft's shit "oh were embracing multiplatform" - O RLY then where is my Watchdogs WiiU? my South Park WiiU? and all the other Ubisoft games that aren't on wiiU and ergo not multiplatform?

the hypocrisy levels are toxic

its still not good enough, the game is gold for the WiiU and just being held purely so its a simultaneous release with Xbox (ala the MS agreements) and quite frankly they need to release it and give the finger to MS, if they want to not get the the game and let it be on Ps and WiiU only then hell yeah screw them!

so sick of ubisoft's shit "oh were embracing multiplatform" - O RLY then where is my Watchdogs WiiU? my South Park WiiU? and all the other Ubisoft games that aren't on wiiU and ergo not multiplatform?

the hypocrisy levels are toxic

To be fair, all evidence is pointing towards Watch Dogs being on Wii U and the South Park game only became Ubisoft last month...

WellWhen Watch Dogs is officially announced for WiiU i'll drop that argument, as for South Park, they are delaying Rayman until September to port it, why can't the same happen with south park, which is still in development?

but Tape Deck adds more games and thats my point, where are the OTHER ubisoft games that aren't on WiiU is they are trying to focus on mulitplatform?

its a valid point, their argument swings both ways

Apparently, Brawl in the Family's Triforcebun wrote (and illustrated) an article listing all the cons regarding the delay.

I'm linking to it pretty much because it's him (though it's good to see it all so succinctly explained).

(This is also the first time I've ever seen him outraged. He's like Fused King's long-lost soul twin.)

A victory! (sort of)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151460128936211

The upcoming exclusive demo has been ditched in favour of a Wii U exclusive "Challenge Mode" download, featuring content from the full game in Challenge mode, for free.

Eh, it's not what we wanted, but it's better than a demo. At least the devs are trying something I guess, even if the suits won't let them just give us the full game :blank:

Well I'm happy with that, considering I wasn't exactly hyped for or even necessarily getting the game in the first place. :hehe:

I'll gladly have some more of it for free though. :D