N-Europe

New Super Mario Bros 2

bryanee

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, at the conference we learn this game is "all about the gold". The trailer obviously shows the same thing.

But what purpose does this serve gameplay wise? Any? Is it just another way to make extra lives even more meaningless than they'd already become? Is it just for visual and audio impact?

I seriously hope there's some kind of substantial reason for it. Requirement for huge amounts of coins to progress...maybe. Tons of unlockable extra content...maybe that too. High score tables? I guess that's maybe good.

I'd rather something better than stuff like that though. :/

Oooh the Reznor from Mario World is back :-)

The coin thing seems like a bit of a pointless gimmick that will drive our ears crazy after a while, but we'll see if there's a proper reason for it.

The art style is just reused lazyness. Not a fan at all, thank god NSMBU had a bit of originality. Cheap and cheerful game to make some money I guess.

I like the theme tune though, one good thing from NSMBW

Ok so the game IS doing something new then!

Now I'm much more interested. Sounds like it's taking a few pages from Wario Land & Yoshi's Story with the coin collecting stuff :D

Need to see more though...

Annoying that the coin counter does not go beyond 100. Seems stupid in a game with such an emphasis on coin collection, that it resets itself. Hmmm./

The total coin count probably appears on the bottom screen (top screen counter just counts until you get a life)

Maybe you all need to work together online to collect enough coins to save the Mushroom Kingdom from economic crisis! :D

Having Peach getting kidnapped all the time is probably what caused the value of Mushroom Kingdom coins to plummet against the Beanbean coin!