• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sees the trailer start with explosions in a tower*

Me: Whose decision was it to start a Turtles trailer like th-

*Michael Bay's name comes up on-screen*

Me: ...Right.

I don't really know what to think of this, but as long as they keep some turtle-bantering, it should be alright.

Your both right, April's Dad and Mahone to be Shredder worked together to create 'the heroes the world needs'.

... because the world is crying out for over sized Turtles, that scare the bejezus out of everyone and have to hide in the sewers.

Edited by Retro_Link

It's going to be transformers. But with turtles. That's it. Won't be the best movie ever but it will have cool bits and parts that make you lol... but it won't win any awards. Not really sure what people are expecting.

Or it could be the TMNT equivalent of Nolan's Batman.

Which I believe many of the people in this thread originally whinged about.

"Heath Ledger as Joker? Stupid casting. Nobody will ever top Jack Nicholson."

hmmmm i'm not sure now......it looked okay.....maybe i could get over a new origin story

how will splinter work then?

oh god, father and mentor to the turtles....they wouldn't make him April's father turned into a Rat by Shredder would they after he betrayed him in the hero making process

i mean Aprils father creates the turtles

Splinter is cannon as their father....

could be a change too far for me

Won't be a nolanisation. The humour is already too heavy for that. It could still be good, and honestly it looks like a lot of fun - but it's not going to be genre-defining like the batman trilogy was, and I doubt it will provide anything new story-wise. But it will be entertaining, which will be enough!

Thinking about it, we may still be missing a lot of details. It's entirely possible that April's dad was attempting to make superhumans (unsuccessfully) and some of the chemical he was developing ended up in the sewers and miraculously worked on a group of turtles.