N-Europe

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

daftada

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm like 40 hours in now, and this is seriously the best 3DS game (at least for me haha).

I'm in love with the sound track, with the graphics, the improved AI, the atmosphere aaaah!

It's not even the simulation part that lurks me in, but it's this melancholic feeling that is so typical for the Animal Crossing franchise. SO GOOD

Anyways, got my house upgraded again, payed off a bridge, a street lantern and a water well and had tons of fun at the island! I never expected those minigames would actually be fun, but they are a blast if you play together!

Checked my stats earlier, I've clocked 18 hours on it so far. I'm trying not to rush/play too hard for monies and projects and whatnot yet. Do rather love the soundtrack...there's an evening bit(maybe 6 or 7pm?) that really annoyingly makes me think of Run by Snow Patrol, but I think it's the Leona Lewis version that pops into my head. Other than that, I love the game lol.

Had a so far lovely afternoon! Opened my gates, and @Ronnie popped by briefly - unfortunately I kicked him out in order to go visit @Tales for a business trip to obtain my bits of kiddie set - he has a pretty flower setup on an lakey bed with a yellow bench in a brilliant spot.

Do you have the Kiddie Wallpaper? It's on sale in my store. I can pick it up for you.

In other news...my Nookling Junction has now expanded...the most useful thing to come out of is the catalogue opening up to order items and I can now buy two fortune cookies a day!

The other new building to the right of Able Sisters is still building...it's been under construction for 3 days now!!!!

Out of all my trees i planted yesterday, only 1 died and that i am unsure what one did. It was either a banana or coconut tree, so a trip to the Island again to grab both again and replant.

And in my town, my Nook's Cranny store is closing for refurbishment tomorrow. Exciting times are ahead.

In other news, it's Summer Soltice and there is an event on the plaza to celebrate the day.

I was just about to leave the island with more fruits, new bugs for the musuem and a straw hat I payed 18 medals for, then got this strange error that forced me to turn of the 3DS. I haven't saved so I lost everything. Has this happened to anyone else?

i don't understand why this game is so good, because at face value you build a house then pick fruit and occasionally fish....

but its somehow greater than the sum of its parts

I also think it's more of a "game" than it's often given credit for. You do actually need good reflexes to catch everything, as well as spatial awareness to use all the items. Planning, strategy... all sorts of gaming skills really.

Last night I went to the Island and saw two pieces of furniture I really wanted - only problem was that I didn't have enough medals. So, I spent the next hour playing the mini-games ("Tours") in a frantic bid to earn them! Balloon-popping, Scavenger Hunting... my heart really was beating as I tried to complete the games in time!

Lol yeah trying to explain Animal Crossing is very tricky haha.

I only got it as it was my free game otherwise all the hype in the world might not have convinced me to part with my cash for it!

However, thank God for Nintendo and their too many games promotion! The game really is a joy!

I planted some fruit and they died. Any reason for this?
Yep, if you plant trees too close to a cliff/house or even each other, it can stop them from growing. Also, some spots are just "dead" no matter what, so you won't be able to grow a tree there either.

A tip that can help with trees, is that you should be able to walk completely around any hole you dig before planting. ;)

Yesterday was a bit of a dud day for me. Non native fruit trees still haven't grown, summer solstice day only amounted to a pair of glasses, town hall closed so planning application still not sorted, but mostly the previous mayor was in town and I thought I'd get access to the island, only for him to say come back tomorrow. D'oh.

Reggie's house tour is pretty terrible and also hilarious. I can imagine his assistant working their ass off to get his house ready for the video while he sits with his head on his desk still hanging from getting wasted with Miyamoto and Iwata at E3.

... previous mayor was in town and I thought I'd get access to the island, only for him to say come back tomorrow. D'oh.

Dude, I was so excited to see him and then he goes and tells me TOMORROW. Everything in this goddamn game happens tomorrow.

In other news, I now have a load of fruit trees growing in my town and a few stacks of fruits in storage. Not even gonna start with organising my town/trees/major works projects until all possible residents have moved in and I know what space I have left to play with.

Edited by Guy

Finally got my planning permit sorted today, and I'm building a new bridge since I'm sick of having to run the length of the river to get to where the original bridge was placed.

Also visited the Island for the first time yesterday and made a ton of cash on farming beetles. Was able to pay off 98,000 mortagage and a large portion of the 128,000 needed to build my new Bridge.

Items for sale at flea market include:

Modern Sofa, Alpine wardrobe and Kiddy Chair.

Whenever a villager says they want to see my house and sets a time, they either don't turn up saying they've forgotten, or they say they were there and I wasn't, when I was in my house the whole damn time. It's starting to annoy me