Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Funny Stuff Thread

Goafer

Someone I vaguely know (friends with their....husband's sister) just posted one of those "Facebook has changed their privacy setting, make sure you do x, y, z" things.

I would like to stay PRIVATELY connected with you. On my page I post shots of my family. I do not want strangers to have access to these. However, with the recent changes to FB, the 'public' can now see activities in ANY wall. This happens when our friends hit 'like' or 'comment' ~ automatically, their friends can see our posts too. Unfortunately, we cannot change this setting by ourselves because Facebook has configured it this way.

Please help by placing your mouse over my name above (DO NOT CLICK), a window will appear, now move the mouse on FRIENDS (also without clicking), then down to Settings. Click here, and a list will appear. REMOVE the CHECK on COMMENTS & LIKE and also PHOTOS. By doing this, my activity among my friends and family will no longer become public. Thank you

Now, copy and paste this on your wall. Once I see this posted on your page I will do the same for you

If you do that you'll see what you're doing is removing seeing comments, likes and photos from them in the future. It's like, the best way to find out who just C&Ps this junk without knowing.

I'm impressed and amused.

Anyone who has ever done any sort of research should find this funny:

http://io9.com/5974256/overlyhonestmethods-is-the-postsecret-of-the-science-world-and-it-is-amazing

I've definitely done that last one....

Oh, god, this is brilliant! :laughing:

Sorry guys, I had to post it. I just had to!

Hey, wait a minute ... that's Doug Walker!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!