N-Europe

General Movie Thread

Dyson

I saw Rise of the planet of the apes last night.

Oh my goodness.

Baby Caesar is way to cute.

The film was actually alot more emotional than I thought it would be.

And you surprisingly get very attached to the apes

I loved the little ape crew of Caesar, the Circus orangutan, and the Gorilla. When they are on one of the trams stood there like bosses. So much Win! Didn't like seeing the gorilla die

such an awesome movie, I love how the gorllia's are the brute force, the orangutan's were the swingers in the

Bridge Battle

and the chimps were the climbers.

EDIT - Picture of the win mentioned aboveriseuktrailer-568x238.jpg

Edited by Murr

Planet of the Apes is fucking AWESOME.

I saw Cowboys and Aliens last night.

It was really good.

I thought it was odd that James Bond and Indiana Jones were in the same movie, but my friend explained that they are in the same timeline in the later films, so I guess it works out.

It was nice to that Indiana Jones picks up his "can't forget my hat" thing from James Bond originally.

Good origin story.

Maybe you weren't as into the origin of James Bond and Indiana Jones as I was.

EDIT: Wait, where did the other post go?

Now it looks like I was talking to myself.

Which is how I look most of the time in the street.

Edited by Wesley

Two new Pixar films annonced!

Dinosaur Project

Director - Bob Peterson (co-director/writer, Up)

Co-Director - Peter Sohn (director, Partly Cloudy)

Produced by John Walker (producer, The Incredibles)

What if that life-changing asteroid missed Earth? Director Bob Peterson’s hilarious tale depicts a world where dinosaurs never went extinct.

Human Mind Project

Director - Pete Docter (director, Monsters, Inc., Up)

Co-Director - Ronnie del Carmen (director, Dug's Special Mission)

Producer - Jonas Rivera (producer, Up)

From director Pete Docter comes an inventive new film that explores a world that everyone knows, but no one has seen: inside the human mind.

http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2011/08/breaking-news-pixar-announces-two-new.html

Finally got around to seeing The Triplets of Belleville.

Oh yes. Oh yes, yes, yes, yes. YES. It was so surprising. I didn't expect the plot or general feeling to be so adult. Presumed it was a 'kiddy' film, then in the first 2 minutes there's a naked African woman being mauled by the male audience! The song will forever remain in my head, too catchy. Classy ladies with shoulder shakes -- nice. I dunno, I haven't any idea what to write about. It's just all Wonderful. The characters and art direction. [Writer's Block...Speechless :hmm:]

Whoop dee doo, rendez-vooooous.

Edited by Frank

Yeah, it's a stunning film. Feels realy like...sinister/weird in my head when I think about it, like a dream or something. The fact there's so little speech in Sylvain Chomet's films lend them a really dream-like feel (as well as the style obviously).

Les triplettes de Belville is great. It’s (ultimately) so sweet. Dunno where you’d get the notion it’s a “kiddy†film :D.

Finally saw a new film yesterday, Melancholia. Always had the idea I wouldn’t like a Lars von Trier film, eventhough I don’t think I’ve ever actually seen one. It’s because of those Dogme rules and that Nicole Kidman film probably. Anyway.. I liked it. In general. Atmosphere was great. Really shows that you can make an apocalypse film with limited resources. It focusses on the 2 sisters instead of widespread panic and destruction. That said, I wish the actual apocalypse was more believable, I’m no expert, but it sounded ridiculous. I know it’s just meant as an excuse to make a story about 2 sisters, but still. Few other annoying things, but overall I enjoyed it. Also, fans of Kirsten Dunst will surely appreciate this. And Udo Kier is in it. How could it go wrong?

Super

"It's all gooshy" is possibly my favourite line from a film ever. It was great and terrible at the same time. Loved it. Ellen Page was great.

Braindead (1992)

Possibly the weirdest black comedy of zombies I've ever seen. Fully recommend it to you guys though I'm sure you'd laugh at (like Super) how terribly bad it was which made it good.

It has zombie babies, zombie sex, zombie intestines, rat zombie, zombie legs and some guy to help kill them all. Hilarious.

Yeah, it's a stunning film. Feels realy like...sinister/weird in my head when I think about it, like a dream or something. The fact there's so little speech in Sylvain Chomet's films lend them a really dream-like feel (as well as the style obviously).

Yes, now that you mention it! It gave me the impression of how unimportant speech can be. Who even needs words? Let's return to silent film.

I must see some of his other films. Are they as good?

[i hope I'm as vibrant a person as the triplets when I'm older :indeed:]

Yes, now that you mention it! It gave me the impression of how unimportant speech can be. Who even needs words? Let's return to silent film.

I must see some of his other films. Are they as good?

[i hope I'm as vibrant a person as the triplets when I'm older :indeed:]

I don't think he's done much to be honest, but I might be wrong.

There's The old lady and the pigeons, which I loved. It's quite weird and surreal, and again no speech. But it's great! =D

And then there's The Illusionist, which sadly I've still not been able to see. So no idea if it's good or in the same character as Les Triplettes, but it might be.

No Strings Attached.

The first 3 or so minutes were incredibly painful. I thought it was going to be absolutely diabolical, but then it does a funny gag tat got me on side and then Ashton was nice and Natalie Portman was great/interesting to see someone who can actually act in a shitty chick flick. Surprisingly lolz in places.

Braindead (1992)

Possibly the weirdest black comedy of zombies I've ever seen. Fully recommend it to you guys though I'm sure you'd laugh at (like Super) how terribly bad it was which made it good.

It has zombie babies, zombie sex, zombie intestines, rat zombie, zombie legs and some guy to help kill them all. Hilarious.

Lawnmower scene.... enough said.

Such a terrible but brilliant film :)

Will probably look something like this.

Once_Upon_a_Time..._Life.jpg

Was an awesome programme.

Similar to what I was thinking... also along the lines of

osmosis_jones_2001.jpg

Braindead (1992)

You know it was directed by Peter Jackson, of LOTR fame? Check out Bad Taste, the slightly-higher-budget spiritual seqel :)

Watched this for a second time today:

new-rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-poster.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1310499489443

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Movie of the Year. :grin:

I saw Conquest of the Planet of the Apes on TV the other night - thought that it wasn't an awful movie - whilst it was very opaque about its messages, it still carried some impetus and made the mythos quite a bit bolder in my mind. POTA never appealed to me much - mostly because I knew the ending, but I guess I should get past that and give the movies a watch (like I know Paj did).

Yeah, we knew it was Peter Jackson, we talked after about the major transition from that to LotR.

Thanks for the tip about the sequel! We looked for one but didn't see anything with Braindead 2 on it :p

Having looked on IMDB, Bad Taste is supposedly about Aliens and was made before Braindead, not much of a sequel :p