Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Super Mario 3D Land

• Replies 670
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't flow right. Super Mario Land 3D is fine but Super Mario 3D Land? It just feels wrong.

Wario Land is amazing. The first 3 games are brilliant, then it got shit.

Maybe Nintendo doesnt want people to think it is Super Mario Land in 3d?

Love how the guy in the video talk up the 3D as really helping with jumping ec... and then proceeds to be really shit at accurate jumping! :indeed:

Apart from identifying cardboard goombas (I'm assuming the only point of those is to trick people with 3D off...although the fact that they don't move also gives them away), the 3D doesn't really add much.

Although the cardboard goombas have convinced me that Paper Mario is going to look immense.

I thought the pipe room with the block in the foreground made to look like the background kinda funky.

As for names... why not just something NOT SMBL related? Afterall it seems to look more like SMB 3 and SMB World. Why not just do a Mario Kart 7 and call it ...

Super Mario Bros. 4

Super Mario World 3

Super Mario Land 4

or...

Super Mario 15.

I actually quite like the name. It's a cool way of bringing back the old "Land" name while avoiding the obvious problems with it. Calling it "Super Mario Land 3D" makes people think it's a remake of SML (Or a remake of Wario Land!)

It also steers clear of the more recent games as well and cements it as being part of it's own subseries, rather than just being another Galaxy or NSMB game.

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks a little...uninspired? Kind of like a generic not-quite-3D PSX platformer such as Crash Bandicoot.

It's a stretched-out NSMB with elements from Galaxy and the old games.

Am I the only one who thinks this game looks a little...uninspired? Kind of like a generic not-quite-3D PSX platformer such as Crash Bandicoot.

I have to say I fully agree. This all just looks so simple, easy and uninspired but I'm just hoping that it's because they're early levels.

I much preferred the more open Mario games like '64 as oppose to the strict Mario Galaxy type routes.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the logo, but I do hope that within a few years Nintendo (and third parties) won't feel the need to always highlight the fact that each individual game's main selling point is that it's in 3D. Yes, it's on the 3DS, I kind of guess it's going to have glasses-free 3D graphics. Now what actually makes it a good game?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!