NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Still waiting for play.com to ship my copy of GiFTPiA for Gamecube.

OMG I remember wanting GiFTPiA sooooo bad it never launched over here right?

I got Everybody's Golf today with my left over points and a reward card with money on so bagged it for 46p.

So far it's relaxing to play and fun to get to grip with. :)

Really? I'd like not being tied to a PC all the time. Can't remember if the PC version has an offline mode but they'll probably need to add one for he Vita version, local multiplayer would be nice as well.

I'd probably buy both (although not both on launch if they have the same launch day).

If it doesn't have an offline mode for the Vita version they will be making a massive mistake. I think it will depend on how secure the memory card and the saves are seeing as Online 2 saves will be online only and transferring them to be available to be played with offline runs the risk of players cheating and tampering with their saves.

This was a big problem with the original Online game but they allowed it for the Portable games probably because they were localised and could not affect the main MMO which people were paying subscription fees for.

I would prefer that they treat Online 2 for Vita like they have done with the Portable series to be honest, but it would be awesome to see them offer the two experiences. An offline story mode with local and internet play that's completely localised yet offer you to play the actual MMO with your online only save with PC players would demand ALL OF MY MONEY AND MY HOUSE.

Edited by Debug Mode

Had a look in GAME today, noticed this

2ziqG.jpg

£10 to play the Vita? Shut up and take my money!

Wipeout: Got just five more Elite Passes to get, and they're all in the 2050 campaign, on Zone stages, which means its going to take hours and hours. There's quite a few tracks that I can navigate really well on the A+ speed class (Which is the analog of the Phantom skill class from previous games - one thing I don't like about 2048; I wish they'd kept those little quirks that gave the series personality- and is ridiculously fast, to the point where you need to anticipate corners 10 metres before you get there), but the final few levels, Altima and Sol, are just fucking impossible.

On the plus side though, I've whipped up everyone on my friends list, as well as anyone I've raced online. It feels so good :heh:

Definitely going to be getting the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, since I never properly played 3, and never even touched Peace Walker.

I cannot wait to play MGS3 again, and now I think about it I wanna play MGS2 again. Have no idea about Peace Walker. It's an absurd collection and I want.
Just a heads up, incase it makes you buy the console version instead...

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/03/09/metal-gear-solid-hd-collection-comes-to-vita-this-summer-sans-peace-walker/

Konami will bring the PlayStation Vita version of the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection to North America this summer. That's the good news. The bad news is that, unlike its console counterpart, the collection won't include PSP game Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.

Well, like, why the fuck not? Is a PSP game not going to be a little more at home on a handheld that it will be on a dock off giant HDTV? Fuck that, was really looking forward to playing Peace Walker too, and it's not available on the PSN either.

Well I wasn't too interested in PW anyway. I'm in it for MSG3. Still dumb. I'll just wait until the Collection's price drops.

Anyone got the Elite pass on 2050 Rockway Stadium on Zone? Last one I need to get, and it is a total bitch.

Edit: Cmaaaan gaiz.

Anyway, I've played the shit out of Wipeout, stumped about what to get next. Leaning towards Rayman: Origins, but would prefer something either exclusive, or more suited to Vita.

Edited by The Bard

Finally got one! (Wifi, 16GB memory card & Rayman Origins - perfect port BTW!)

Not really impressed with any demo (except Lumines. Though it doesn't do anything new, it looks like a great version of Lumines), but that's not why I bought it. I got it for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite and by god! it really does breath new life into PSP games! The colours just pop and the bilinear filtering works wonders on these games. But best of all is that 2nd stick! (plus no more shitty nub and crappy ergonomics! :bouncy: )

The ability to finally be able to play MHFU with a good control scheme at last makes the purchase worthwhile. This makes the wait for MH3G a LOT more bearable :D

Gonna have fun rediscovering the PSP's library :D

BTW: Anyone else have trouble getting the Vita to connect to the PS3 via USB? It connects to the PC just fine, but it just doesn't detect my PS3. I've tried disabling USB charging but that didn't help (yes I've tried doing it from both the Vita's main menu and through its content manager, no luck)

There's a bunch of PSP games that can only be downloaded onto the Vita by using a PS3. Please help!

Edited by Dcubed

In order for the PS3 and Vita to 'see' each other I believe the latter has to be sat on the XMB and connected to your PSN account. So long as I wait for the machine to log in I don't have any issues.

In order for the PS3 and Vita to 'see' each other I believe the latter has to be sat on the XMB and connected to your PSN account. So long as I wait for the machine to log in I don't have any issues.

I tried that, but after trying to connect to the PS3, the Vita throws up an error message saying that "The device could not connect" (the PS3 just stays on the XMB with no visible change). Anyone?

I tried that, but after trying to connect to the PS3, the Vita throws up an error message saying that "The device could not connect" (the PS3 just stays on the XMB with no visible change). Anyone?

When you connect are you pressing the circle button on the PS3 controller?

When you connect are you pressing the circle button on the PS3 controller?

No, I'm not pressing anything on it. I'm just leaving it idle on the XMB with it signed into the same account as is on the Vita.

Does anyone here have Tactics Ogre: Let us Cling Together? I just bought it. If you do, let us cling together, together :D

That sounds....wrong.

Especially when you look at his signature as well, lol!

Can anyone help me with my PS3-Vita connection problem?

That sounds....wrong.

Especially when you look at his signature as well, lol!

My intentions are purely...legal.

I have it, but not played it (well I did for less than 30 minutes). The YS games are a great price at the moment for £8 each, although I heard YS I&II don't work on the Vita or something.

Finally got round to setting mine up, it's so very shiny.

Add me comrades.

Anyway, I've played the shit out of Wipeout, stumped about what to get next. Leaning towards Rayman: Origins, but would prefer something either exclusive, or more suited to Vita.

I got Wipeout today, I'd been on the fence about whether to get it or not but after seeing the immense amount of fun you've been having with it and seeing as Shopto dropped the price slightly I finally caved and bought it. :)

Anyway, I've added you so if you see a request from 'Metal-Mutiny' that's me :heh: I look forward to hopefully challenging your times on Wipeout, I'm gonna need a bit of practice though I reckon as its been agggges since I last played the PS3 version. : peace:

Yeah man, Wipeout is the shit. It really sunk its teeth into me and I went and Elite Passed everything/ have an almost pathological need to beat all my friends' times, so bring your A game ;).

Also, how fucking great is Mutant Blobs Attack? You basically play this spiky green macrophage going around absorbing shit, like a sidescrolling Katamari, except with a lot more variation in terms of what the blob can do and interact with the environment, and the settings tell this absolutely ridiculous but pretty funny story. I like it.

Fucking A to the MBA love.

So...why is Treasures of Montezume Blitz free? Is it shit or something?

Sooooooo as I hate clutter I got the official Vita charging stand/cradle/dock thing....

photooav.jpg

Looking pretty suave next to the 3DS dock!