NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Does anyone have buyers remorse yet?

anyone?

come on someone make me feel better for keeping up my will power and not buying one!

I hope GAME don't go bust and try selling off stock cheap because i will cave quicker than a Chilean miner

Yes.

I have remorse that I bought too many awesome games for it and am finding it hard to play them all.

I am now about £100 overdrawn because I absolutely had to have the damn thing.

I regret nothing. It's a bloody marvelous device. I haven't been this happy with a portable, nay electronic purchase since...actually, ever.

No; but I still think waiting would be a good idea as it WILL come down in price pretty soon. Positive about that.

The games are very good, the screen is amazing; everything else I'm not mega convinced by yet; but a few updates will solve most of the problems.

What i will say, is can someone tell me how to use near. I don't get it, or I do get it and it's a terrible application. The best thing about it is getting free stuff in games; but that's it. I don't get the difference between people I've met and people close by... It's weird, in theory I like the idea of seeing local players and then being able to add to them and stuff; but in practice I just find it a confusing mess and literally never open it up (unless I have a game item). Unless I'm missing something... heeeeaaalp!

Nope me neither. I need to take my Vita somewhere else so it can connect to Skyhook or whatever it is. Need to get a case first though, dont trust it just in my bag.

I sync up at home and when I'm out with my phone. I think it's great, looking at what everyone's playing in an area and how they rate the games. Not really sure what needs explaining, tbh.

From the Near main menu you can hit Friends to see what everyone on your friend list has been up to and comment on those if you want. If you hit the crown button in the bottom right you can see what games your friends have been playing and attribute emoticons to give a gist of what you think about said titles; hopefully they'll add more adjectives in future updates.

Out and About is similar, but rather than sourcing from your friends it uses locational data. Once again you can press the crown icon to see what's popular in your area and rate games, but you can also touch activities to see a radar view of where it occurred. From that view you can click on user icons to see what that individual's have been playing, send friend requests and the like.

Finally there's Discoveries. Here you get an overall view of your Near usage, seeing how far you've travelled, how many people you've met and a list of any game goods you've come across.

For whatever reason I've found it to be pretty flaky when it comes getting my location data. Not sure why that is as sometimes it finds it fine via my home Wi-FI, plus I have the 3G model which has a GPS module. Hopefully it's a software issue which will get fixed, but honestly I haven't looked into it too much as I live in the middle of nowhere anyway.

Damn no buyers remorse as such....

maybe i can hold out until April....

i might just enter loads of competitions between now and then in hope of winning one

OKay so I do get it. Then Near is officially the most pointless and badly implemented application I've ever used. I wanted it to be better version of street pass :( There's a magic in street pass knowing you actually passed someone; but just seeing who's playing in the local area and not actually getting anything from them anyway is a bit pointless. I don't really care what games people are playing or what emoticon they give a game.

Oh well. *gets back to playing motostorm*

*not actually true. At work!*

But it does do that. My Vita connected to random wifi spots on standby while I was out and about (that's why the PS button flashes blue, no?). Got a Rayman artifact and some kind of mouse thing for ModNation.

I assume with 3G it's more regular/reliable.

And Mutant Blob Attacks.

Yes, I will keep banging on about this. It's getting drowned out by the other ridiculously good releases. Launch titles, who'd a thunk there'd be so many brilliant ones?

Well if your going to harp on about Mutant Blob Attacks I'm going to keep pimping how damn good Everybody's Golf is . It's still my most played game on the Vita and I've barely scraped the surface of such a deep compelling game which has probably the most comprehensive online features on the handheld so far.

Motorstorm RC is also worth mentioning for under £5 it's a fucking steal!

Rayman Origins is so charming and charismatic. Most fun I've had with a platformer for a long ass time.

Motorstorm RC is GODLY good. Whenever I beat you mother fuckers and come out on top, I celebrate epic massively.

Should I get a PSV now, or wait for a price drop? :hmm: Might have to wait a long time for the price to go down...

Are there any really amazing titles out right now, which will keep me going? Not interested in Uncharted or Wipeout.

Gravity Rush, Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC look quite good...

Ahhhhh, can't decide :shakehead

N3DS has been a disappointment so far. I can't afford another one (even though I only paid 120€ for the N3DS).

Wait. There aren't any amazing games which will keep going for ages, but a very good bunch of games. I think the price will come down very very quickly too.

Superstar dust delta, Motorsport and a few others are excellent, but I wouldn't say worth buying the machine for this moment in time, especially if funds are remotely tight.

Seriously, what are you on? There are loads of amazing games. MS and SSD are amazing. MBA, is awesome. VT is meant to be good. Wipeout is meant to be great and that's going to take ages to get through.

The Vita has hit the ground sprinting.

And yeah, Sony held out dropping the PS3 price for a bloody age, I doubt they'd do a Nintendo. Especially since they're actually selling cutting edge technology and not recycled balls.

since they're actually selling cutting edge technology

Not sure. The cutting edge technology is the graphics. Nothing else is cutting edge about it. It's all been seen before. It needs the games. And so far, they're good. Not brilliant.

I'm not knocking it, but if people are tight on money I don't think it's essential. I'm really enjoying it, immensely actually. Speer stardust is incredible but I saw everything in a few hours and nearly got every trophy (DLC included). Moot storm is also another which will rely on highscores to give it lasting appeal. Now I love highscore games and will play them both for a long time, but probably not worth spanking a couple of hundred quid on the device. Wipeout is meant to be good (not great) but he said he wasn't interested in that or uncharted.

If you can afford it then you'll have a great time with it, but I would advise waiting a few months when therell be loads of software for it.

Ps and 3DS isn't recycled balls :) It's an amazing device!

There already is loads of software, though. Whilst I'm somewhat loath to make this comparison, the Vita already has more breadth in its catalogue after a week than the 3DS did in its first 6 months. As launches go it's embarrassingly bountiful.

Anyway, there's going to a be a streaming Japanese Vita event on March 9th. There will be new game and service announcements, but bear in mind the content will almost certainly be aimed at a Japanese audience and it isn't a full blown conference.

Personally my expectations are for talk of PSOne compatibility, some new firmware feature that'll have the West scratching their heads and esoteric game reveals along the lines of LovePlus. That said, it would be a good time for Square-Enix to announce an International version of FF: Type-0, an upgraded Vita port that'll release worldwide; they've got to bring the game out here somehow.

On a similar note, Sony will be showing stuff off at GDC a few days beforehand, but I don't know if any of that will be Vita related; an announcement of Quantic Dream's new PS3 game seems most likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony showed off EyePet (or something similar). I believe Nintendogs is pretty popular in Japan, and a game like that is actually much more suited for the Vita - largely due to the main screen being a touch screen (and having a second touch screen would likely add to it, too).

Not sure. The cutting edge technology is the graphics. Nothing else is cutting edge about it. It's all been seen before. It needs the games. And so far, they're good. Not brilliant.

No, cutting edge technology would be things like the OLED touchscreen and the rear touch panel and possible both analogue sticks. Not exactly common place on handheld devices.