NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I haven't got a Vita but I'm curious. How do you transfer saves from one memory card to another?

Hmmm. I have two playstation minis but they won't transfer, and you can't download them from the store (even though they are there...). Anyone heard of this?!

Not had a big go on it as had a bit of a gaming night last night. Can't wait to get stuck in properly as literally only had a taste of things. Screen is amazing; but my god everything is very slow on it; I know it's something I'll have to get used to; maps is pretty much unusable, browser seems much better than expected but again very slow; every game and app is pretty slow.

I reckon I'll love it, and I'll get over it. The price you pay for it being so super up!

Was VERY impressed with the demos of Uncharted and Wipeout, so much so it looks I lasted less then 4 hours to buckle and buy them...

Hmmm. I have two playstation minis but they won't transfer, and you can't download them from the store (even though they are there...). Anyone heard of this?!

I had a couple like that.

However, no Minis gained through PlayStation Plus work. They just bring up an error code when you play them.

I'm not sure what you mean about everything being slow. Some games (like Wipeout) have long loading times, and the browser isn't the fastest. But the UI and Facebook/Twitter apps are very fast.

Yeah, the OS is faster than the PS3. I'm not really picking up on anything being slow. And the browser is faster than my iPhone so ME GUSTA (not that I'd really use it for anything too indepth so even if it was fast/slower, whatevs).

I've always been paranoid with multitasking so I almost always close apps. I even do this on my iPhone. I know, it's weird but it's kind of OCD-ish.

Where is my Netflix app?

The Facebook app is terrible.

I'm actually quite impressed with the browser. I reckon I'll have a better handle when I have a proper bash on it tonight; I think it was just some load times and the maps app and such, also the bubble interface slows things down a tad (having to open the bubble and then the application etc). Hopefullly it will be a streamlined, speedy, sexy bit of kit when I have a good go. Sexy's already sorted!

No the minis aren't plus. Though they were from codes sent from the publisher so maybe that could be it.

Netflix will be awesome on this; great screen for watching video when i can't be arsed to take the iPad.

Looking forward to playing more Virtua which seemed great and Stardust. Only played one level to try it out last night and my eyes are still bleeding!

No PSV yet and now I have to go to work, argh! bet it arrives just as I go out the door... :heh:

[/firstworldproblems]

My views on what I played last night:

Uncharted - I did the prologue and chapter 1. Those parts are much, much better than the bits in the demo. It looks great on the screen, and controls well.

Wipeout - Looks amazing. Tried a few levels and I'm getting the hand of the controls much better. I also tested out the cross play...the graphics in that section were much worse than the main game.

Virtua Tennis - Looks great. I also like the minigames/training modes. The main "World Tour" mode is a bit strange with the movement and that. Also reminds me of Sega Superstars Tennis (well, that was based on VT), so that's a good thing.

Super Star Dust - Did the arcade mode on casual. It's amazing. Much better than Geometry Wars. My only problem is I accidentally set off the black hole a couple of times.

AR games - Nintendo did this so much better. The actual quality/reliability is about the same as the 3DS (and the screen makes my room look really dark like the 3DS) but the games are nowhere near as fun as 3DS Target Shooting and Face Raiders. Another failing of the AR games is that moving the console around has zero use. With the 3DS ones the actual position of the console was an important part of the games.

Just got back from town, I was given ?191 for the 360 and a couple of games so ive now got a Vita and 8gb card. Probably buy Everybody's Golf and Persona 3 Portable later once ive had a chance to set it all up.

I like the Near shizzle, like how you can rate games and stuff.

I was just about to type, I kind of wish I'd got the 3G because I don't have wifi available at work and missed the networked features...

Then I tethered and LOOOOOL. So awesome. I could see what everyone's progress on their games. Then I did Near and there were 58 people Everybody's Golf within half a mile of me. I 'discovered' a new game.

I love this thing.

Edited by Daft

Wish downloading stuff from the PSN didnt take longer than everywhere else. Its gonna take me a while to get my games :(

Cant even play the Uncharted demo while I wait as it disconnects you.

Just got back from town, I was given ?191 for the 360 and a couple of games so ive now got a Vita and 8gb card. Probably buy Everybody's Golf and Persona 3 Portable later once ive had a chance to set it all up.

Wait I thought you weren't getting one...I'm confused...

Wait I thought you weren't getting one...I'm confused...

I had decided against it but I was already planning on getting rid of my 360 and I saw GAME were offering 25% extra on trade ins towards the Vita so I figured I may as well.

Then I tethered and LOOOOOL. So awesome. I could see what everyone's progress on their games. Then I did Near and there were 58 people Everybody's Golf within half a mile of me. I 'discovered' a new game.

I love this thing.

Nice to see lots of Vita players have good taste in games! :grin:

Is it easy to tether your phone? must try that!

Yeah had a little look at Near and it looks very very good. I'm sure it tracked me walking to work but I don't have 3G so does the GPS work anyway?

I don't fully understand it to be honest, but I'm liking the look of it.

Unfortunately Near hasnt been able to find my location each time ive tried it so far so I havent been able to give it a try

I caved and bought a Wi-Fi Vita, Uncharted and a 4GB card (it's all they had in stock!)! I had a bag full of games I've completed/haven't played in years that I took down and managed to get the lot for ?56.48!!

I'm so happy with the system, it's so beautiful to look at and a joy to use! Not played much Uncharted yet, but I love SSDD and MotorStorm RC!

Unfortunately Near hasnt been able to find my location each time ive tried it so far so I havent been able to give it a try

Yeah, same here.

My Vita also can not get location data. I decided to test in the browser (search "weather" in Google) and that can see my location. So it's to do with the app itself.

Just found out why it isn't working: one of the routers within range has to be registered to a service called Skyhook.The onlly solution I can see is submitting your router (or a nearby one as you can use inSSIDer to get their Mac address) and waiting a few weeks.

how come some people i have encountered, and sone are just local?

~sent from my Vita :)

My PSVita arrived today! :D and I absolutely love it, haven't played any real games on it yet but I'm downloading the Unch demo and can't wait to try it out properly later, checked the screen properly and there don't appear to be any dead pixels so I'm happy. :)

There been any word yet on any other apps we might be seeing at some point?

I imagine Netflix will be out soon it's out in the US - I bet it looks lovely on the OLED screen!