NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Still waiting for play.com to ship my copy of GiFTPiA for Gamecube.

I suggest people don't get their hopes up. It's pretty shoddy journalism on Eurogamer's part to not even tag that story as a rumour: it's based on an image some guy sent in, the only listing actually on Play is for Monster Hunter. Why would they remove the others and leave that one?

Someone's trolling by knocking up a wishlist, and once again the games press whip people into a frenzy due to a complete lack of due diligence.

If it was coming out over here then I'd snap up Tales of Innocence without question. :)

If it was coming out over here then I'd snap up Tales of Innocence without question. :)

I would say there's no reason not to release it over here, but... it's Namco. That's all the reason they need.

Went into LAME today - went to trade in Grand Slam Tennis 2 (Total wank), and bought Rayman for the Vita.

Was meant to be £35 (which I didn't really wanna pay but with trade in would have been £13), anyway as I was about to put my pin number in to pay, the manager who was next to the sales girl serving me was like ' hang on, isn't that meant to be £25?'

Turns out it was, but only when bought with a Vita console. The manager said though that if bought with hardware it also means you only pay £25. So he ripped a Motorstorm download card off the shelf, scanned it in and said 'right, that's five pound please'.

Result. :yay:

I suggest people don't get their hopes up. It's pretty shoddy journalism on Eurogamer's part to not even tag that story as a rumour: it's based on an image some guy sent in, the only listing actually on Play is for Monster Hunter. Why would they remove the others and leave that one?

Someone's trolling by knocking up a wishlist, and once again the games press whip people into a frenzy due to a complete lack of due diligence.

Yesterday on NeoGaf someone spotted the Monster Hunter Portable 3 then later on the 4chan image appeared on the boards but it was soon put down because it not on Play.com and old GTA3 mod called Vice City Nights and different box logos. Tonight the Neogaf users are trying to tell Jason Schreier of Kotaku that the image isnt real. ::shrug:

Finished the single player campaign on Wipeout 2048, and only have about five events to get the elite pass for. I've played this thing fucking constantly since I got it, and I have to say; it's absolutely pimp. What other racer tries to integrate a narrative into the artistic direction and track designs? There aren't a whole lot of tracks unfortunately, but the ones there are will take a long ass time to master, so many opportunities for short cuts and alternate racing lines that it becomes very strategic.

I have a problem with the Sol track though; it's the equivalent of Rainbow Road, and you find yourself gutterballing constantly. Very difficult to navigate in a speed ship.

Anyone up for multiplayer sometime?

PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2

COMING TO VITA 2013

ALL OF MY FUCKING MONEY

Assuming that it doesn't come to other platforms (at least PS3) first...

Underwhelming video was underwhelming. PSO2 is the only big announcement and it's not even an exclusive!? :shakehead

Assuming that it doesn't come to other platforms (at least PS3) first...

Underwhelming video was underwhelming. PSO2 is the only big announcement and it's not even an exclusive!? :shakehead

Who cares if it's an exclusive? The more platforms the better.

My Japanese is still pretty limited but both games are supposedly going to share the same servers and he is still considering a home platform.

Who cares if it's an exclusive? The more platforms the better.

My Japanese is still pretty limited but both games are supposedly going to share the same servers.

Yeah it's good news, but that was a terrible announcement video. I mean, that's it!? Release dates for MGS2&3 Vita, Persona 4, Type Zero being added to the JPN UMD Passport Program and a vague hint of Inafune making a Vita game at some undisclosed date in the long term future!? THOSE are your big announcements!?

Oh man. So after MGS2&3 come out in April, there's... nothing else for the rest of 2012 apart from FF 10 Vita, SF X Tekken, Resistance Burning Skies, Little Big Planet Vita, Super Robot Wars, Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Evolution, Gundam Seed Battle Destiny and Persona 4 the Golden (since PSO2 and Inafune's game wont be coming out until 2013), like... nothing at all!?

Edited by Dcubed

Type Zero going on the UMD passport program should be absolutely massive news for western fans waiting for it to be released. SE said they would try to get it localised and it's looking like it will be made compatible with the Vita.

As for every thing else, well, I'm glad I didn't buy it at launch. The 3DS has taught me a valuable lesson.

Type Zero going on the UMD passport program should be absolutely massive news for western fans waiting for it to be released. SE said they would try to get it localised and it's looking like it will be made compatible with the Vita.

As for every thing else, well, I'm glad I didn't buy it at launch. The 3DS has taught me a valuable lesson.

Not really, Type Zero has been available on PSN since day 1. They just had problems getting it working with the UMD program (since it uses 2 UMD discs) that they've now fixed. The UMD Passport program is only run in Japan and is irrelevant to us here in the west.

I would imagine that if it were coming over, it would be in the form of a HD/Vita Remaster. The fact that they've not announced it doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they'll localise it :(

I'm pretty confident they'll bring it to the West but for PS Vita only. Final Fantasy fans want it and I very much doubt Square Enix would pass that opportunity.

WHat games are actually coming out this year? Resistence and Mortal Kombat are the only ones interesting me so far and they're dependent on reviews. I have to admit to be completely ignorant to release lists though.

Maybe fifa 10 if they fix the hideous frame rate and actually make it for Vita rather than just moving the ps3 version over - vita screen isn't as big as my massive tele EA, and I can't see any of my players very well!!!

There's still E3 to go you know, that's where the games and dates will be revealed.

Definitely going to be getting the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, since I never properly played 3, and never even touched Peace Walker. I'm playing through Portable Ops again, and I forgot how great a little game it is, such a neat idea to introduce squads, and ties into the whole theme of Big Boss transcending his role as a lone soldier and becoming a sort of war general.

Story is a mix of the interesting and the inane, in much the way that Kojima always goes about trying to bind real world history and politics with absurd paranormal shit.

I cannot wait to play MGS3 again, and now I think about it I wanna play MGS2 again. Have no idea about Peace Walker. It's an absurd collection and I want.

:o Can use same character on PC and Vita as well?! Nice! As long as the Vita version doesn't interfere with any DLC later on.

Yeah you supposedly can use the same characters on both but it raises an important question, if the Vita version is online only too, what's the point? You can't play over 3G. The features they detail seem to aim at players owning both versions, but it seems to me that it's more sensible to own one or the other.

Then again, the game is apparently not even at 10% of completion, so there's plenty of time to work out what they should do with it.

Really? I'd like not being tied to a PC all the time. Can't remember if the PC version has an offline mode but they'll probably need to add one for he Vita version, local multiplayer would be nice as well.

I'd probably buy both (although not both on launch if they have the same launch day).