NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

But so far the rear touch screen is as useful as the Wii Vitality Sensor.

No, cutting edge technology would be things like the OLED touchscreen and the rear touch panel and possible both analogue sticks. Not exactly common place on handheld devices.

Rear touch panel cutting edge technology? Are you joking? And like cube said it is so pointless and is simply one of the worst ideas I've seen in a gaming hardware device (second only to Jaguars thousand buttoned controller). It ruins any game that uses it and will be all but abandoned bar the odd gimmicky game.

Both analogy sticks are not cutting edge technology. That's just ridiculous. They've been around for years and years! Technically the 3DS was the first handheld to bring twin sticks with the Circle Pad Pro :)

Rear touch panel cutting edge technology? Are you joking? And like cube said it is so pointless and is simply one of the worst ideas I've seen in a gaming hardware device (second only to Jaguars thousand buttoned controller). It ruins any game that uses it and will be all but abandoned bar the odd gimmicky game.

Both analogy sticks are not cutting edge technology. That's just ridiculous. They've been around for years and years! Technically the 3DS was the first handheld to bring twin sticks with the Circle Pad Pro :)

Circle Pad Pro is the game changer. :bowdown:

You're missing the point, these things haven't been done in one package on a handheld. I'm aware analogue sticks have been around for a fair while, I kinda realised they weren't new on the Vita when I discovered my PS3 controller had them and that came out before the Vita....

I'll wait until games have priorly been designed to take use of the rear touch panel before I write it off.

The touch pad would he amazing on FIFA if they had just implemented a custom dead zone.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony showed off EyePet (or something similar).

God, I hope not. That thing is scary.

Apparently Invizimals on the PSP is really popular in some markets. A Vita version seems like a no-brainer given how much better suited it is as an AR device. Not that I'd expect to see that one at this Japanese event given that it's a SCEE title and the Vita's currently aimed at an older demographic.

Incidentally I've seen mention of the possibility that both Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed on the Vita will be out by June. Seems a little far-fetched to me, though, given that all we know about either is that they're in development; I suspect place holder retailer dates are to blame.

No, cutting edge technology would be things like the OLED touchscreen and the rear touch panel and possible both analogue sticks. Not exactly common place on handheld devices.

No not common for a handheld - but not cutting edge. Like I said.

...I want to look away but I can't!

I lie I don't even want to look away. The screen just draws me in and the whole thing is very addictive.

The music player is actually good to use out and about, I tried it today! I could see myself using it regularly once I update to a 32GB card, alongside video which is also good as I put some Phineas and Ferb on their so I'm all set for a big journey if the occasion should arise. :)

As someone who wasn't too drawn in by achievements I love the set up of the trophies, it again for me adds to the addictive quality as it gives you more focus and things to do once perhaps the main stuff is done.

I usually dislike Rayman I think he has appeared in some poor games but this is actually something else it's amazing (close to distracting) to look at and has incredibly tight controls the whole display is wonderful. The D-pad on this thing feels so old school. :)

I need to play more of it but I only played a few levels this afternoon and then got hooked on beating my ghost times. :D I need to try near to see if I can get some gifts/swap ghost times.

I think the launch title line up is excellent, the 3DS lacked the variety that this has plus like the setup of loads of PSP titles and other PSN Store downloads off the bat.

My next game might be Persona 3 from the store so I can play it before I get 4. :smile:

Tried out Motorstorm RC it is really fun but I'm unsure it's for me, in terms of control it was a lot tighter than I was expecting but I'm not good at that style of game.

Little Deviants was a fun distraction as a demo but nothing more for me.

Hustle King was a surprisingly fun pool experience, fairly simple but even the demo drew me in and the fact I could listen to my own music whilst playing was cool. :grin:

Rayman is what you imagined all games would look like in the future when playing 16-bit Disney platformers.

hmmm got a new credit card....its meant for travel emergencies etc....but I mean they gave me huge limit that I clearly would never spend on travel can I justify a cheeky Vita purchase?

Even though when I keep thinking about it, it makes no sense as it works out so much cheaper when I'm in Canada.

My opinion on buying anything on a credit card that you can't pay back the same month: No.

I think you guys are being a bit harsh on the Rear Touch pad. Yeah, it (like most of the Vita's novel control inputs) isn't being utilised in any significant way yet, but the potential is there.

AFAIC, it's the key differentiator between the 3DS and Vita and the biggest opportunity for unique types of games to be made on the Vita. It just depends on whether or not anyone is creative and brave enough to take the plunge with a unique game designed from the ground up for the Vita (Given Sony's typical throwaway support for handhelds, being either B team games or console ports and the lack of 3rd party support, it might take a while though...)

In terms of the Vita's extremities being cutting edge, maybe not (we do have Super AMOLED screens on phones now), but the analog stick design is unique (regardless of whether or not you prefer the 3DS Circle Pad design) and multitouch trackpads aren't commonplace (and certainly not on handheld devices) so it's perfectly fair to cite them as being ahead of the curve.

Edit: Oh hey guys, Sony are doing a Nintendo Sony Direct video on March 9th http://andriasang.com/con05a/vita_heaven/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Supposedly the video "will include information about unannounced Vita titles, upcoming releases, and Vita services, as well as new information about in-release titles. The broadcast will feature presentations from game creators themselves."

(Yes it's all very familiar. Of course, looking at how good Nintendo's one was, here's hoping for good things!)

Edited by Dcubed

My opinion on buying anything on a credit card that you can't pay back the same month: No.

0% on purchases for 16 months lol :shakehead

Don't spend money you don't have on luxury goods, flameboy. At the very least you should wait to buy the unit in Canada, or perhaps the airport; this is from HMV at Heathrow.

Going back to Sony's webcast, there's hints that we might see a new Phantasy Star Portable. Of course there's plenty of opportunity for it to be something more underwhelming, but it would make sense given earlier rumours of Phantasy Star Victory.

Don't spend money you don't have on luxury goods, flameboy. At the very least you should wait to buy the unit in Canada, or perhaps the airport; this is from HMV at Heathrow.

Going back to Sony's webcast, there's hints that we might see a new Phantasy Star Portable. Of course there's plenty of opportunity for it to be something more underwhelming, but it would make sense given earlier rumours of Phantasy Star Victory.

£191.66 with two games...

thats too good to be true

wonder if i can get a £13 flight to Heathrow and back.....

£191.66 with two games...

thats too good to be true

It is. You only get to pick one game. :p

It is. You only get to pick one game. :p

that's what i get for opening images on an iphone and scrolling around while skiing at work...

to me the deal is better that way as i don't want fifa lol

Played a bit more Uncharted. It's not as good as 2 and 3, but better than the first.

Hmm, the Infinity team are currently working on Online 2 but Sakai is shown in the conference trailer? I'll be surprised if it's Victory considering how busy the entire team is with Online 2 so I'm guessing it's a port of Infinity which is apparently not compatible with Vita.

EDIT: My bad, completely forgot about Alfa System. Still got my money on an Infinity port though, I can't see them making Victory as Portable 3. It would take all my money away from me though.

Edited by Debug Mode

Debug Mode's built in PSO sensor goes crazy.

Yeah, so I only just realised....since I got the Vita, I havn't realised how mind blowing Disgaea is going to be....

Debug Mode's built in PSO sensor goes crazy.

Hell yeah it is. I'm such a hypocritical cunt when it comes to buying a console for one game, I'll call out others for it but as soon as I hear Phantasy Star the vault is open (providing there's actually anything in the vault).

The last half hour has been me playing chicken with the "purchase" icon on God of War: Chains of Olympus. It would be a total no brainer if it was £5 cheaper.

Oh, it seems that hack got released today. If you own a digital copy of Motorstorm Arctic Edge, make sure you download it soon as I imagine it'll be removed from the store pretty soon.

EDIT: I seem to be incredibly late, it has already been removed.

EDIT2: Seems there was an exploit in the Facebook app too, the freezes were allowing people to view certain things Sony would rather not let the hacking community see.

Edited by Debug Mode

Yeah Ive never been a massive trophies/achievements fan. In fact I've never actually attempted to get one. But I have with the vita; I just feel it works so much better with handhelds; it's so instant to turn it on for a quick blast to get a trophy and actually loving trying to get them!!

Anyone else thinking of getting mortal Kombat?