NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

The Ys games are £7.99 a piece, so I guess €9.99?

I haven't picked up Escape Plan because I heard a few complaints about the controls, but it would appear it's receiving both a patch and free content next week so I may yet be swayed.

Ys I&II/Ys Oath in Felghana are good choices. Can't remember how much they are though.

Could you tell me a bit more about the Ys games? I heard of them, but I actually do not know what they are about.

They're action RPG's, Ys I & II use a "bump" system to attack enemies where you just need to run into the enemies to hurt them (better than it sounds), some great bosses and amazing music (just been listening to the soundtrack). Oath in Felghana requires button presses to attack but they added different types of attacks.

They have a load of difficulties and a boss rush mode.

There's also Ys Seven, which is also good, but I prefer those two. Ys Seven is a bit more item farm-y.

I guess, Ys I & II in particular, are like a more fast paced A Link to the Past?

They're action RPG's, Ys I & II use a "bump" system to attack enemies where you just need to run into the enemies to hurt them (better than it sounds)

That sounds incredibly boring. No tactics involved? Just running into enemies? The trailers do look good, but I can't imagine the battle system to be fun.

That sounds incredibly boring. No tactics involved? Just running into enemies? The trailers do look good, but I can't imagine the battle system to be fun.

Like I said, it's better than it sounds. Of course you'll take damage back if your not careful. But it makes battles super fast, sure beats random battles. Forgot to mention Ys II adds magic although it only really has one offensive magic spell.

The games are really tough as well as long as you aren't playing on easy mode ;) Even normal mode I died alot (mainly against bosses).

I was unsure when I first heard of the game, but I bought the TurboGFX version on the Wii Virtual Console and now it's one of my favourite game series. I own both the UMD and Digital versions of the PSP games, that's how much I like them :P Also bought Oath on Steam and will buy Origins when that's released.

If your still unsure about the battle system go for Oath or Seven. Shame there's no demo version I can point you too :/

Alternatively, Tactics Ogre is £7.99...

Thanks for the info Ike.

Tactics Ogre and the Ys games don't really appeal to me. Maybe I'll spend the money on Journey instead.

Buy Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core or Dissidia instead. The latter isnt an RPG really but still heaps of fun.

Tactics Ogre is has actually taken up an assload of my time. It's great.

Journey is awesome. Worth the money. And because I am a rich son of a bitch I'm gonna get a 20€ PSN card and buy Ys 1&2 and Tactics Ogre.

pokmon-lol-im-rich.gif

I'm not that rich.

okayguy.jpg

I got Oath in Felghana a few weeks back. It's decent, the voice acting is annoying as hell though. And I certainly wouldn't write home about it to be honest.

If you want an absolutely amazing RPG, sign up a US account and download Chrono Cross onto your PS3 ($10, can buy these off ebay for 8 quid-ish). Stream it over remote play and play it that way, the game will utterly dwarf any RPG that was made for PSP.

My cradle/charging stand arrived today - with it having touch screen/panels on both sides I really didn't like it lying down on a table. I'm actually very surprised they don't sell them in Europe.

vitsstand.jpg

Looks pretty snazzy.

Has ANYTHING been released since launch?!?!?!

Anyways, bought Wipeout. Can't wait :)

Hmmm. Awesome :) Still haven't got that actually. Haven't played the vita in weeks, but up for more motostorm, was gutted I was too late buying it on plus though...

There is more motorstorm dlc out today. Hopefully it wil be cheaper to Plus members like the last one.

MotorStorm RC Festival DLC Coming This Week

Roll up! Roll up! Come and see the amazing Carnival Expansion for MotorStorm RC, coming to PlayStation Store on both PS3 and PS Vita this week.

Enjoy the biggest and brightest MotorStorm RC Festival racing series since the Pro-Am Festival with the Carnival Expansion Pack. Take your radio-controlled racing rivalries to the next level as you compete for glory in a carnival park after-hours, battling for PlayStation Trophies and triple-medal status in every event to become champion of the biggest MotorStorm RC Festival to date!

Take on 24 all-new Race, Pursuit, Hot Lap and Drift events – all staged in the Carnival Festival on six extreme racing circuits – with 72 medals to win before you challenge your friends and rivals worldwide to make sure you’re faster than them all on every event!

Hunt down four new PlayStation Trophies (Bronze, Silver x2, Gold) – three on your way to triple-medalling all 24 new events and a Gold Trophy for becoming a super-quick Carnival Champion!

Race and collect 8 new model vehicles – each with 4 Carnival style liveries and a further four colour scheme choices per livery for a greater level of personalisation – that’s 16 designs for each vehicle!

Funhouse / Side Show

6877679212_8cab222faa.jpg

Hold on tight as you take a high speed tour of the carnival attractions and twist and turn around the biggest rides. Not for the faint hearted!

Beach Party / Bite Size

7023781967_838d15a116.jpg

Get your heart pounding and adrenaline pumping as you race on the beach sands and prepare to tackle extreme bumps, hairpin turns and dramatic inclines. Watch out for the shark!

Aquaplane / Splash Down

7023782077_a6c2a942f2.jpg

Hold your breath and splash the day away as you race through the twisting, winding water slides and drift on the wettest and wildest of RC circuits. Get ready for the thrill of a lifetime!

Do you have what it takes to become a Carnival Champion? Be there first or be the best, then challenge your friends to do better. Expand your RC Collection of off-roaders while you’re there with the special “Weenie” Buggy (it’s a hot dog!) and the FREE “Bumper” Supermini (it’s a bumper car!)

7023781895_639e08a2e1.jpg

Be sure to catch up with MotorStorm RC and keep up to speed with the game by LIKING facebook.com/motorstormrc and following @MotorStormRC on twitter – there’s more good news coming after the holiday period and plenty of challenges, activity, support and banter to get involved with!

Enjoy the Carnival Festival and your Easter break everyone!

Anyone else having problems downloading the latest update (1.66)? Everytime the download's finished I get an error message...

Edit: Nevermind, 7th time's the charm...

Edited by drahkon

Downloaded the latest update but... I can't even tell what's actually changed. :blank:

You can now disable the notification alert messages that indicate when friends sign in, messages are received and other activities. To disable these alerts, got to [settings] > [sound & Display] > check/uncheck [Notification Alerts]. Additionally, Notification alerts will now display for five seconds instead of three seconds

‘After 10 Minutes’ has been added as an option in [Power Save Settings] > [Auto Standby]

An arrow will indicate when new activities are available in LiveArea

Caps Lock is now supported by the on-screen keyboard. Simply double-tap the Shift key to enable it

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/04/03/ps-vita-system-software-update-1-65/

The games are really tough as well as long as you aren't playing on easy mode ;) Even normal mode I died alot (mainly against bosses).

Been playing Ys 1 for 2 hours now. Set it to nightmare difficulty. At level one I died a lot. Mainly because I needed to get used to the battle system. Now I'm level 6 and I entered the first shrine. Found the Shield Ring, which is awesome. But I have a question about it: The ring is equipped and in the lower left part of the hud it is in the "R icon" or whatever it is called (hope you know what I mean). Now my question:

Is this just an info that the ring is equipped or can I do more with it? Pressing "R" - which seems logical - doesn't do anything, so I guess that's not it.

Been playing Ys 1 for 2 hours now. Set it to nightmare difficulty. At level one I died a lot. Mainly because I needed to get used to the battle system. Now I'm level 6 and I entered the first shrine. Found the Shield Ring, which is awesome. But I have a question about it: The ring is equipped and in the lower left part of the hud it is in the "R icon" or whatever it is called (hope you know what I mean). Now my question:

Is this just an info that the ring is equipped or can I do more with it? Pressing "R" - which seems logical - doesn't do anything, so I guess that's not it.

Nice, hope your enjoying it! :)

Once you get more rings (you'll get a really useful one soon), pressing R just lets you switch between them quickly.

So a traditional Japanese grind fest with a story that would undoubtedly be shamed by the gnarliest furrie fanfic writer, in which you die a whole lot. Wow, sounds like a fucking bargain.

Once you get more rings (you'll get a really useful one soon), pressing R just lets you switch between them quickly.

Yeah, I got my second ring. Now the question I asked seems stupid :D

I'm having trouble navigating through the Shrine. I can't get further down 'cause I have no idea where to go... :blank: