N-Europe

Modern Warfare 3

Murr

Modern Warfare 3 Coming This November

A third game in the Modern Warfare series is coming this year, according to a new report from the Los Angeles Times.

Citing unnamed sources, the LA Times says Activision has recruited Sledgehammer Games, the studio currently working on another unannounced Call of Duty title, and Raven Software (Singularity) to help finish development of Modern Warfare 3 for release this November.

The report states both Sledgehammer and Infinity Ward are equally completing the single-player portion of the game, while Raven is working on its online multiplayer features.

Due to the developer collaboration, sources said the Call of Duty spin-off project in development at Sledgehammer, rumored to be set in the future, has now been put on hold.

Since Infinity Ward executives Jason West and Vince Zampella were fired from the studio in March, more than 35 employees have left the studio. Activision said recently it has received over 5,000 applicants to fill the vacancies.

The publisher has not publicly announced what Call of Duty title would be released this year, but did confirm a new game would be arriving in the back half of 2011.

When asked about the report, an Activision representative told IGN, "There's been much speculation recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

Source - IGN.com

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say everyone just sit on their hands until Respawn Entertainment bring out their first game...

If they ever can.

Activision is suffocating the owners with their lawsuit, trying to delay them from getting the company off the ground.

maybe they'll actully disable the damn cheats that people are seem to be doing in blackops... I enjoy black ops but fuck me, sometimes its freakin annoying, I put a full round in some of these guys and acording to my killcam after dieing I hadn't even touched them!

maybe they'll actully disable the damn cheats that people are seem to be doing in blackops... I enjoy black ops but fuck me, sometimes its freakin annoying, I put a full round in some of these guys and acording to my killcam after dieing I hadn't even touched them!

That's called lag/shite hit detection, get used to it!

I'm very much jaded on Call of Duty now. Black Ops wasn't bad but I'm just tired of it. Online was as expected but I just felt like I was playing MW2 with different maps and weapons.

I'll see what comes of this but I'm at the point where I think I'll just not consider buying it. There's enough coming out this year to discourage me from buying it anyway, especially shooter wise.

Hell, Battlefield 3 is getting it's unveiling at GDC in a few weeks and could be out this year. I'm more interested to see that to be honest.

The modern warfares are the only CoD's I own. Regarding the single player, I loved them both, although I did think the story was getting a bit too fantastical in the second. Never experienced the multiplayer of the first in its golden days, but wasted a lot of time on the second one. The 3rd will be a must-buy, even if it's just to see the conclusion of the story (for some reason I'm thinking it's a trilogy), but I hope the multiplayer will bring me as much joy as the second one has. I've skipped Black Ops, so by the time this will get released, I may need to have my CoD fix again.

The fact they bring in 2 other studios to finish it is a little worrying, but to be expected. And I have s soft spot for Ravensoft, so I'm not going to automatically write this one of yet.

Don't be stupid. This will still sell ten zillion copies, people will still queue at the supermarkets at 7am, the online will still be huge.

Why? Because the average CoD player has no idea that infinity ward split from activision - and didn't even notice that Black Ops and MW2 were made by different people. And totally kid themselves that Black Ops is anything but massively inferior to MW2 in almost every way.

Why? Because the average CoD player has no idea that infinity ward split from activision - and didn't even notice that Black Ops and MW2 were made by different people. And totally kid themselves that Black Ops is anything but massively inferior to MW2 in almost every way.

The multipleyer in MW2 was utterly horrible. I sold it within a month and regretted selling the much better CoD4.

I got Black Ops simply because the cost of the game was equal to the trade-in price of the two Doctor Who games at Blockbuster. While I still can't bring myself to finish the awful single-player (you can't play for more than five minutes without getting interrupted), the multiplayer will keep me entertained for a long while.

Sure, it's awful what Activision did to Infinity Ward, but us low who know about it all boycotting the game is going to make would make no difference to Activision.

Don't be stupid. This will still sell ten zillion copies, people will still queue at the supermarkets at 7am, the online will still be huge.

Except for the fact that Black Ops multiplayer is better than MW2s unbalanced, killstreak abusing camp fest! Some people see Infinity Ward through rose tinted spectacles. COD4 was brilliant, but MW2 (although good) managed to unbalance certain aspects of the game and play into the hands of people who abused the self propelling killstreaks. Treyarch has refined that and by removing Stopping Power and making sure that streak reward kills don't count towards your streak. Treyarch have made the most balanced COD multiplayer to date, the problem is it doesn't have the same 'wow factor' that people experienced with previous entries to the series.

Also whilst people are very happy to hate Activision and attack their practices, I think we should remember that they are a company, and they are there to turn a profit. They will do everything in their power to protect that and their interests. What's more all the people writing off Infinity Ward now West and Zampella (plus others) left are pretty foolish, I should image that Activision has been able to pick the from the best of the best when choosing who will staff the restructed Inifinity Ward.

I agree with you on on everything except the last sentence.

MW2 singleplayer was terrible. Blops isn't good,but it's better.

As for multiplayer, MW2 was ridiculous... Anyone who knew how to play decent would pull off 30+ killstreaks with the greatest ease, several of the guns were too good, the maps sucked, exploits abunded... I mean, I loved it because I pwnd' at it, but have no doubt in my mind it's absurdly inferior to blops'.

In all honesty, MW2 was the worst post-3 COD. And it was the one I played the most, and probably is my fav. But it still has boh the worst singleplayer and worst multiplayer of all 4 (mw1, waw, mw2, blops).

Bah.

wow I thought WAW was very bad tbh, I think the only reason why WAW surrived was because of zombie mode...

The Russian part of the Campaign is tied with COD 2 for my second fav COD campaign ever (after 4).

Zombie mode we all know how awesome it is.

And the multiplayer, I personally loved.

It had 1 problem: SMGs were overpowered, in general. Apart from that everything was awesome. Great maps, killsteaks weren't overpowered, very little camping, some great playlists like war, awesome weapons in general... I dunno, it was pretty awesome, I felt.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!