NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Flameboy why didn't you go and get it in-store? I know my PC version was like £34, which is the same as Steam and the console version wasn't much more than that.

Anyway, I'm away from it for a few days, but I have a question:

I came across a random cave whilst doing some of the Stormcloak quests and headed in, I was met with a woman/thing who was locked in a cage and she mentioned about another being like her further in.

So of course, I dive in and got myself killed by the bitch, but my question is what the heck is that all about and is it worth helping the one in the cave? I assumed she'd turn on you..

It seems like it doesn't matter much what I do on that quest, but it'd be interesting to see if there's a slight difference.

Flameboy why didn't you go and get it in-store? I know my PC version was like £34, which is the same as Steam and the console version wasn't much more than that.

Anyway, I'm away from it for a few days, but I have a question:

I came across a random cave whilst doing some of the Stormcloak quests and headed in, I was met with a woman/thing who was locked in a cage and she mentioned about another being like her further in.

So of course, I dive in and got myself killed by the bitch, but my question is what the heck is that all about and is it worth helping the one in the cave? I assumed she'd turn on you..

It seems like it doesn't matter much what I do on that quest, but it'd be interesting to see if there's a slight difference.

Yah I wish I had now but couldn't make it into town until last Saturday and didn't wanna miss out if it ended. Now I'm left without a copy and having to wait for ages for lost parcel claim!

I used to be a Skyrim player like you...

...then I took an arrow in the knee. :(

So I'm hoping to get back into playing Skyrim again over Christmas as I really haven't been giving it the attention that it surely deserves, I've played less than fifteen hours most of which has just been messing around which apparently is completely fine because everyone plays the game differently.

What I'd like though is perhaps a few suggestions of 'fun' non-spoilerish (storyline wise) things to do in the game and so I ask... what have you all been up to within this wonderful virtual world? :)

haha thanks, I wasn't sure if it was an easy way to be downed in the game, and thus became a catchphrase, or a way to down a dragon or something like that... but that's pretty funny! :D

There's also now another arrow to the head popping around, more due to a glitch, my poor high elf took a arrow to the eye at one point, but luckily she's still an adventurer and not a guard.

No time to play this for the next few days, my laptop can't run it anyway, which is a shame, but back to it soon.

For those of you playing on PC: this mod can potentially give you a huge performance boost in CPU-limited situations, i.e. towns or any other place where NPCs are bunched up.

Gotta say I am loving this!

Thanks to the people who suggested I would!

I picked playing as a Nord although at the moment I am just using magic as that is what I am enjoying using the most. I'm currently level 9.

Something random just happened though... I just fast travelled to an area and as I appeared a dragon was right next to me! (third one I have encountered) Upon shitting myself, it just died next to me and so I absorbed it's soul... random! lol.

Edited by Mike1988uk

Well in the time off work I plowed the majority of the time off playing this...

90 hours in and I have 49 achievements, the last one to get is the 1000gold bounty in each hold.

should be fun!!

Finished the game yesterday after 96 hours and at lv 58. Missing the bounty, escape from jail and daedric artifact trophies. Still haven't got by the glitch for the last one so platinum is still out of the question.

What is the glitch you experienced? Got the platinum for this the other week.

The Waking Nighmare quest near Marthal. The guy I need to open a door at the beginning of the dungeon instead teleported straight to the end of the dungeon and is now waiting for me there. But I can't get there because of said door he must open first.

I don't think I'll ever get round to the Main Quest in Skyrim.

My homicidal urges take over whenever I reach a happy settlement. You burn one Cow and things just get out of hand.

Completed the main story yesterday. Was a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

Also, I was fighting a particularly tough guy and thought "I'll fire an arrow at his knee for shits and giggles". Soon as I did it, he dropped to one knee (his health was low enough) and I levelled up my archery, so the level up music played. I am win.

Yes but only just. Theres alot i love about it but the combat is just terrible and awkward in either 1st or 3rd person

man torches are scarse in this game so far! not even seen a night eye spell for sale

Instead of night eye you have light producing spells (candle light and mage light). You can buy them either at the College of Winterhold, or from a court mage.

I found magelight earlier, but I haven't really felt that I need light, I'm happy being in the dark :heh: the only times I use magelight are to stick to an enemy that I'm having to keep running away from :laughing: Ah, and once to help me find my bow when I got disarmed.

I found I rarely needed extra light while playing. I was saying to @Goafer yesterday that im sure in Oblivion I used torches a lot in caves or at night but while playing Skyrim I could usually see well enough that it never mattered.