N-Europe

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Retro_Link

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God, Michael Bay really hates buildings, doesn't he?

Looks pretty cool though, I just hope they don't focus too much "emotional" side of things, and more on the army/Autobots vs Decepticons scenes. After all, that's why people go to see these films. They want to see a lot of shit get blown the fuck up. Preferably (by) giant robots.

I never got the hate for these movies. The second one was shite yes but he pretty much apologised for it. This one is garunteed to be better to be fair.

The first one was great. Gave a fan everything you could have hoped for. It's not like transformers was the best cartoon ever like...

I never got the hate for these movies. The second one was shite yes but he pretty much apologised for it. This one is garunteed to be better to be fair.

The first one was great. Gave a fan everything you could have hoped for. It's not like transformers was the best cartoon ever like...

stop right there!!!! It was awesome at the time and its tone and concept still stand up, as do some of the story lines and tear jerking moments :(. Sure the animation was crap (even for the time) and watching back it was kinda formulaic. For me the films don't do it justice, this is shown no better than in the scene where the autobots are sneaking around a garden so a boy doesn't get told off by his parents, fuck that theres a world to save. I hate how in the films the humans are the plot and main counterpoint we are meant to care about, whereas in the cartoon they were just there as an extra so to speak.

• 4 weeks later...

Something just hit me when I saw the trailer for this again in the cinema last night.

When Armstrong walks into the ship and they go "guess we're not alone afterall" (or along those lines).... wouldn't they have already known that as from the backstory in the first film wasn't Megatron found LONG before the moon landing?

Something just hit me when I saw the trailer for this again in the cinema last night.

When Armstrong walks into the ship and they go "guess we're not alone afterall" (or along those lines).... wouldn't they have already known that as from the backstory in the first film wasn't Megatron found LONG before the moon landing?

But only known by sector 7, apparently not even the sectary of defence knew of the existence of Megatron. So if Sector 7 had it covered that well, and only select people knew of Megatron, I'm guessing Armstrong wouldn't be aware of it.

Yeah, but would Armstrong have known about that? Wasn't it like the biggest secret that only a few people in the US Government knew about?

Can't say I get the appeal of Rosie Huntington Whiteley... and from taht clip she seems to have inherited all of Megan Fox's roles 'bimboness'... I thought she was supposed to be a refreshing change or something... might aswell just be the same character.

But only known by sector 7, apparently not even the sectary of defence knew of the existence of Megatron. So if Sector 7 had it covered that well, and only select people knew of Megatron, I'm guessing Armstrong wouldn't be aware of it.

Yeah, but would Armstrong have known about that? Wasn't it like the biggest secret that only a few people in the US Government knew about?

Yeah but it seemed like the mission control peeps he was talking to didn't know either you'd think as they seemed to know the ship was there before they went Sector 7 would have been all over mission control?

And this is a government who can successfully cover up giant robots having a massive fight in a major city, with loads of buildings/roads/everything destroyed and thousands of witnesses.

They obviously borrowed those flash things the Men in Black use :heh:

Oh god... I think this film might actual cure my liking of transformers as an entire franchise. They totally miss what it's about... in a way I can't even begin to explain.

I would rather watch an 3 hour long episode of Transformers Prime.

• 1 month later...

Righty I went to see this last night and it was much much better than expected, certainly the film that the 2nd one should have been.

It does still has a few issues, like not enough screen time given to the Transformers over the humans, but in 2 and half hours it almost balances out... though towrads the end I think the Decepticons end up with more screen time than the Autobots :heh:

Starts off with some comedy moments that become fewer as the film goes on and the main plan of the Decepticons gets revealed and things get a bit more serious.

From the trailers I saw I can say that while you might think they give away some of the best bits they actually don't. I was actually very surprised by some twists in the film.... though I also avoided reading/seeing anything about the film.

Fight scenes start off epic and get more epic with each next fight scene :)

Civillians will die and shit does hit the fan ;)

It was good to see there was some sort of public knowlegde of the Decepticons and Autobots, but I couldn't figure out just how much the public knew. It's like they knew they were there but that was it, everything else was kept secret.

Sam starts off in a wierd place that didn't make sense to me, if the public knew about the Transformers and Sam got a frakking heros medal why did nobody seem to know why/how he got that medal? Why was he not working with the government, with the Autobots? Or at the very least have a direct line to either Lennox, Optimus or Bumblebee? That made no sense to me.

Thought Soundwave was underused, would have liked to see more of him, was expecting him to be bigger and badder given we only saw a teaser of him in the 2nd film.

Shockwave was frakking awesome though and kicks ass.

Would have liked for some more recognisable Decepticons to appear though like when they pretty much take over the world they could have had some non-vehicle Decepicons appear like the Insecticons that would have been awesome. :heh:

Sentinal Primes betrayal was a shocker, I oddly did not see it coming at all. And then when he kills Ironhide... OMG I had a flashback to the 80's animated film right there, I was hoping he'd get repaired but then Sentinal blasts him again and he turns to dust... NNNNOOOOOOOOO

When Dylan turned out to be working for the Decepticons also didn't see that coming, though I feel I should have. I thought the character was just gonna be there to make Sam jealous and create tension in his relationship with Carly and that was all.

One thing I didn't like was that Sam was the one who killed Starscream... WTF was up with that, seriously? WTF... any Decepticon deaths should have been at the hands of Autobots alone.

Similar with Shockwave getting injured by the Marines, but at least Optimus got the final blow.

Final Battle with Optimus and Sentinal was awesome, I actually got really worried when Optimus had his arm ripped off, was thinking, frak this doesn't look good. But knew Megatron would intervene. Was then expecting an epic fight between Prime and Megatron but Prime didn't fuck about and just ripps Megatrons head off.... LIKE HOLY SHIT.

Actually Megatron seemed abit under used too. Though he was spoting his injury from the 2nd film all through this one so he wasn't ever at full strenght I guess in this one.

Oh and laughed my ass off when Sentinal (voices by Lenord Nemoy) said "The Needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few", though I was the only one in the cinema who got it :(

Better than the 1st and much better than the 2nd I'd give it 8.5/10

Oh and forgot to mention, when the film started and the new girl first appeared I could hear some guys a few seats to my right say "Huh... that's not Megan Fox" :heh:

Lul.

Definitely some flaws, but ultimately forgivable considering the entire second half of the movie doesn't go two seconds without something exploding. Incredibly enjoyable. Even if you take out all the Transformers, you could probably edit together a fucking sweet tactical insertion movie.

Very awesome. I think I prefer the first, but this one was "epic" in every way.

8/10

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!