N-Europe

bad stuff thread.

tapedeck

FFS.

Killed in another mafia AGAIN, then bloody Claire kicking up a fuss. Put a bid on something for her on eBay, made it EXPLICITLY clear how eBay works and that she needs to tell me the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM including postage that she would pay for something. (£20)

It goes for £21 and then I get epically yelled at.

Women.

The thing is, one always sets a mental maximum, but in the final throes, one is always tempted to go that bit higher.

Moral is she should have been in charge of it herself. Unless she physically couldn't. But even so.

"Asking to be raped" is, by definition alone, a tautology, not to mention a steaming pile of horse shit.

Here's one thing I always wondered, is it "is a tautology" or "is tautology"?

You mean contradiction? :heh:

No, tautology. If somebody was raped then clearly they were asking for it. No need to say them both.

Here's one thing I always wondered, is it "is a tautology" or "is tautology"?

Tautology is the noun form, whilst tautological (or tautologous) is the adjective form. So a statement which is tautological is a tautology.

More/less confused now?

Received a "Save the date" card for my friends marriage yesterday (I assume Goafer probably got one as well). Not really sure what to do here. It's my friend so obviously I want to be there at his wedding but I don't really feel the wedding should be happening anyway. He was basically forced into proposing and always seems to be controlled by her. He has even told us once that he wanted to break up with her but couldn't because he felt guilty that she moved down here to be with him.

This is my problem, he's not really one to talk about this kind of stuff so it's amazing we found out about him feeling guilty at all but that was a year or so ago.

The only thing he's mentioned since then is that he suggested they get married abroad, that way they would have to save up more so it would take longer to get married. Not really the words of someone looking forward to this. I just don't really want to bring any of this up with him and risk friendships etc.

The only thing he's mentioned since then is that he suggested they get married abroad, that way they would have to save up more so it would take longer to get married. Not really the words of someone looking forward to this. I just don't really want to bring any of this up with him and risk friendships etc.

This is some brilliant logic displayed by your mate! I think it would be better to bring it up with him, no point telling him after the marriage, months/years of pain and then a messy divorce that yep, you thought it was a bad idea at the time.

I've not been well for a few days. Have a blocked nose, sore throat and headache. :( I need tenderness.

Also, I've booked my car in for its Full Service, and then its MOT the week after. With Kwik Fit. A man at work thinks I should have gone with someone else, but I don't know of any good garages around here. Hmm. Any opinions, people?

Got a job interview for 2:30pm today, but I have just re-read the advertisement and it says nothing about pay. It doesn't say no pay either. It is a job programming for a small company in the summer before I go to do a masters in September. I had a similar one last year which paid, but I amn't sure about this one. If there is no pay do I stay for the experience, or do I leave and hope I find a different job? I'm leaning towards staying, assuming the interview goes well of course.