Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I have no idea exactly where I'll be when, so you should text me tomorrow to see if we can work something out. :) I can't promise anything, though, since I literally have no idea what we're going to do except seeing Wicked tomorrow evening and attending the Halloween ball Saturday night. I don't think we have any solid plans besides that, so we're probably just going to move around London and do what we feel like most of the time.

Well it turns out that "King's Cross" is far too general a meeting place, so we didn't get a chance to see each other before I had to run and get the last off-peak train. So sorry to anyone hanging on our potential interaction (:heh:), and sorry to Dannyboy that I was in too much of a rush.

Can't say I did, guy. I'm not sure me and Diageo are ready for that sort of commitment :heh:

Went with three best buds; we've been meaning to do it for years so to finally get out there and do it, and having not being out the country for 7 years was a great moment in itself.

Finally finished my lecture slides for monday. Think they're good and I understand all the content so should be good. Just have type up a few notes for what I'm saying and then give the lecture :woops:

At least it'll be out of the way and I can relax more in the classes rather than stressing over having to give an hour lecture.

Finally kinda broke the news to my parents that my current plan is to move out of the house soon and move to the UK and find a job and house there. It feels good to finally have said it, as it's been brewing for a long time but whenever I mentioned something, they just wouldn't listen. Now they finally have, whoo!

I'm very nervous about all this and mom seems to be very sceptical about it all. Dad didn't really say much, nothing even. I'm worried that if things don't work out for me, they won't be there to help me any more and will be all "Told you so!".

But maybe that's just me being negative heh. I'm just happy I finally got to tell them this is the "plan", even though it's still in its very early stages heh.

Finally kinda broke the news to my parents that my current plan is to move out of the house soon and move to the UK and find a job and house there. It feels good to finally have said it, as it's been brewing for a long time but whenever I mentioned something, they just wouldn't listen. Now they finally have, whoo!

I'm very nervous about all this and mom seems to be very sceptical about it all. Dad didn't really say much, nothing even. I'm worried that if things don't work out for me, they won't be there to help me any more and will be all "Told you so!".

But maybe that's just me being negative heh. I'm just happy I finally got to tell them this is the "plan", even though it's still in its very early stages heh.

My sister felt the same way, she wanted to move to Malta for at least two years before she broke it to my parents.

But she's over there, working in a company she enjoys and says it's the best decision even if it was tough at first.

I also ended up moving too and soon I'll be planning to move to another country (whether or not it's with Spotify).

It's all about confidence, if you want to do it, you will, the first step is over and if you don't try it just because you'll have the ''I told you so'' then you'll always regret it!

Good luck Ine, I'm sure you'll do just fine. :D

I know, I told them I'll never know if I don't give it a try. Things might not work out: I might not find a job I like, I might not like the country/city, maybe things don't work out between me and Jim... But I'll never know if I don't at least give it a try!

I just hope the parents will be supportive. I do care a lot about my family, despite them driving me nuts sometimes. So I'd hate to lose contact with them as they've always been a big part of my life heh.

But yes, I guess now starts the hunt for a job and house!

I know, I told them I'll never know if I don't give it a try. Things might not work out: I might not find a job I like, I might not like the country/city, maybe things don't work out between me and Jim... But I'll never know if I don't at least give it a try!

I just hope the parents will be supportive. I do care a lot about my family, despite them driving me nuts sometimes. So I'd hate to lose contact with them as they've always been a big part of my life heh.

But yes, I guess now starts the hunt for a job and house!

Whee exciting :D.

I'm sure they will!