Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

good stuff thread.

nightwolf

I'll be entrenching myself in Portsmouth, where I shall be studying and working in the Co-op next the student union, so that's all gravy. Martinist I know will still visit but he's sticking where he is, so I've still got my melancholy.

Where are you billeted Rez?

I know people in Portsmouth. Sexy and nice people.

I am in the Aylesbury, Bucks.

Very possibly! Although I havent been in there in a while. How long have you been in Banbury then?

About 4 months. Bluey's family live here and mine are close by. Plus we wanted to get out of London. It made it a lot easier to explain why after someone set fire to Ealing.

Do you come into Banbury much then?

Just got home from finishing 3 days of overtime at work!

Did it because it was triple pay :o for all three days, so worked the most we were allowed (8-5), and i have tomorrow and wednesday off now as my weekend!

First thing is first though ... :zzz: lol.

Looking forward to next months pay! :bouncy:

Awesome Awesome Awesome bank holiday weekend :)

Left for St Ives at 6am Friday morning, arrived and had the 12 man tent up by 11:30am.

Went to the beach and did loads of rock running, climbing, jumping. Great fun, then went into the town of St Ives with my girlfriend and friends shopping and drinking.

Saturday we went to into the town again and watched the F1 Quali, England VS Ireland Rugby then Liverpool vs Bolton football. After all that we were pretty drunk, got a bus back to the campsite, got showered, dressed up then went for a meal and went out properly drinking. one of my friends pulled an absolute moose.

Sunday with hangover is tact we went to Lands end and Penzance, did some more shopping, went and watched United destroy Arsenal (unfortunately we missed the F1) and then had a BBQ on the beach and played some football, as-well as some more rock running, climbing.

Monday was my birthday :) although the majority of it was spent with me driving me and my girlfriend home, still had an awesome weekend for it.

I got home to find a bag of goodies on the living room table, I had £20 Game voucher, 2 bottles of Jack Daniels, £75cash, an awesome NES Controller Belt buckle and the biggy.... a Nintendo 3DS :) :)

first thing I did was go out and buy Zelda Ocarina of time 3D :)

oh and we got our kitten back from the cattery which was also a plus point as I missed her quite badly that weekend despite the crazy drinking / fun.

so yeah, incredible Bank Holiday / Birthday weekend :)

Finally after stressing out yesterday, my references finally replied, so I've got the place. Apparently my new landlord likes me anyway, just wanted to make sure I wasn't a neeb or anything.

So I pay 110pw for a free tv and sky box plus all other bills. For a massive king sized bed and en-suite, :D. (with a 20-30minute travel time to work, with free parking, but thats cool by me!)

^_^

Pretty sure the house I want and have put my name down for living in Cambridge isn't going to be mine, both my old landlord and a work friend told me to put them down as references and apparently they haven't been picking up their phones when my ''new'' potiental landlord wants to speak with them, so if they don't pick up tomorrow..

Well yeah, I'm pretty screwed, I can't go back down to see more properties as I don't have the money, so I'll have to just ring people and if they have pictures go off them.

I'm so unbelievably fed up now, I had hoped to get somewhere nice and live there for 6-12 months so I could chill out and live peacefully for a bit, but now it's looking like I won't even have anywhere to live!

:(

Finally after stressing out yesterday, my references finally replied, so I've got the place. Apparently my new landlord likes me anyway, just wanted to make sure I wasn't a neeb or anything.

So I pay 110pw for a free tv and sky box plus all other bills. For a massive king sized bed and en-suite, :D. (with a 20-30minute travel time to work, with free parking, but thats cool by me!)

^_^

Damn drama queen! :p

Is it normal for landlords ask for references? I wouldn't have to mention the last place I rented at all, would I (or mention that I was almost taken to court by them)?

It can be, I never really needed any before but I dealt with studenty type places, this place is pretty swishy so its no surprise he wanted to make sure I'm not going to trash it.

I gave a family friend reference and a rented place I did in sheffield, not the last ones, purely because I'd lived there longer, but it's up to you, he only asked whether I was nice and tidy and both references said yes. Easy peasy.

But yeah, sent the money over, so it's mine, I can leave a month in advance long as I let them know and I pay weekly, which is good with me. Yay. :)

It's very standard to get asked for a reference yeah, I have everywhere I've rented. But obviously this could be your first time away from home or whatever so they can always be talked round. Although that might not be the case if it's a letting agent.

My new PC chair arrived. No more sitting on a crap old kitchen chair that falls to pieces every few minutes!

41FgBcOjPbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

It's like I'm computing at 200mph all the time.

Sexy computer chair, my mum is trying to convince me to buy one similar as I keep complaining of back issues. Bless her!

I need a new computer chair too... I too have a bad back... and am also currently using a kitchen chair! :p

That one does look epic, but I don't have £130 to spend on a chair. :(

No, neither do I, at the moment I'm currently looking at a new pc - finally and a new tv. So that's pretty much my savings gone until I get paid.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh great day for a work day.

Grabbed a scratch card at lunch (my last one, as myself and a few mates from work have been a bit obsessed the last few weeks) and won £10.

Work was a bit hilarious all day, I came up with "Hedgedog" and The Sticky Wars of 2011 began.

And after work the best thing; About two weeks ago or just under I was in the taxi on the way to work and I saw a friend of mine I havn't seen properly since like (checks photo on Facebook) December 2007! So I was just pulling off and couldn't shout out the window or anything. Anyway, luckily I saw him today, and on my side of the road too as I was (walking) out of work. We had a very nice but short chat and exchanged numbers. Great to see him again.

I need a new computer chair too... I too have a bad back... and am also currently using a kitchen chair! :p

That one does look epic, but I don't have £130 to spend on a chair. :(

To be honest, there are more comfortable chairs out there for much less. It's not really uncomfortable, but it's not the softest chair really. I've just always wanted a car seat one, so I figured now was a perfect time as I had just broken my old recliner one (which was awesome BTW, hence why I stuck with it). It was 7 or 8 years old and the main beam just snapped. This was sort of like my old one. It was awesome, but it squeaked badly.