Ashley

Had to buy far too much recently:

Business cards.

Domain.

DVD labels.

Printing DVD labels and DVD inlays.

Ingredients for baking for degree show.

Photo printing.

Graduation gown (kill me now, too expensive)

But at least I've just purchased some train tickets to go home for a while. A much needed break!

And I kind of miss the cats....

What is your new job role?

Lead Integration,

basically we're working in partnership with Go Compare, Confused, Money Supermarket, Quotezone etc etc,

When a customer submits a quote form on their websites, we've got an agreement with them that if one of our in house quote companies (Commercial Vehicle Direct, Motor & Home Direct, eCar, eBike, eVan, Youchoose etc etc) are within the top 3 returned quotes their details are sent to a SQL database to us via XML format.

We've created an application called XMailman, and these leads are sent from those providers in XML format to XMailman, from here I have to re-format them into SQL so they can be dropped into the sales database.

this process has to run in seconds, so as soon as the customer has the list of results on screen in front of them, within seconds one of our outbound agents are calling them prompting the sale, or offering a re-quote to knock the price down further.

Basically I'm now maintaining the relationship with these and future new providers, and sort of a tech support for them . I've got to send them XML packages, and such and guide them through the ins and outs of XMailman.

Basically I got this position as I'm nifty with SQL so can handle that formatting side of it, but my XML is really really.... really basic. So need to brush it up considerably.

I think they were designed by a professional.

Doesn't mean they can't be flashy.

Let's see one!

I originally read that as you inter great lead into other objects.

I read it as Interrogation. Strapped to a chair with electric rods stuck in your legs. Liam Neeson style.

you wont go hungry then :p

I miss special K sustain... it was fab :(

I've never really had Special K before. I've replaced my packed lunch with Crunchy Nut Corn Flakes, but I felt like a change and Special K is marginally healthier.

Nice and flashy?

I think they were designed by a professional.

These were for animation. Ine designed my awesome ones for NE. Also have some others for wedding photography. Going to get some done for editing too.

Because having four different business cards doesn't make you an arrogant tool or anything.

These were for animation. Ine designed my awesome ones for NE. Also have some others for wedding photography. Going to get some done for editing too.

Let's see them.

Also have some others for wedding photography.

Just weddings? Either way, I surprised there hasn't been a fight between you and goafer, unless territorial lines have been drawn :p

You should just have one business card for everything.

"Ashley: will do anything for money."

True. Four different cards seems a little excessive.

1. No. Can't be bothered to redact them.

2. He does it professionally, I do it personally (i.e. for friends) plus we're in different regions anyway.

3. You need a business card for every area. If you have one that says "I do this and this and this and this" it sounds like you're just giving everything a go and not serious about any one area.

1. No. Can't be bothered to redact them.

2. He does it professionally, I do it personally (i.e. for friends) plus we're in different regions anyway.

3. You need a business card for every area. If you have one that says "I do this and this and this and this" it sounds like you're just giving everything a go and not serious about any one area.

I don't do weddings professionally yet. Although I'm hopefully heading that way. Need to get some cards made up myself really.

Couldn't agree more with 3. Although for photography, a general photograpy one would be ok if it had no mention of any services. That way people will think "Ooh, I wonder if he does *type of photography*" and get in contact to find out.

I think as long as you have one type of card for each skill set, you're ok. Certain things can be lumped in together. For example wedding and event photography can. Probably best to avoid putting things like photography and plumbing though. They at least need to be related.

It's something I'm going to have to think about I guess.