Star Wars: The Last Jedi OST

52936836?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary

latest?cb=20170902093943

The Art of Star Wars: The Last Jedi

latest?cb=20170722004543

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections

latest?cb=20170902094225

And also got this T-shirt to wear for my many (many) viewings of the film!

New-Movie-Star-Wars-8-T-shirt-Star-Wars-

So I finally bit the bullet (as prices kept going up) and ordered our tickets to go to Italy over the Easter break!

04379FD7000003E8-5118211-image-m-20_1511

Planning to fly into Milan, stay there for two nights, then move on to Florence for a few days (possibly also visit Siena and Pisa) and then go to Rome!
Now I just need to sort out all the hotels/rooms, train tickets, museum tickets, sightseeing tours etc. And learn some Italian. Fun! :p

Looking forward to it though! :D

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Eenuh said:

So I finally bit the bullet (as prices kept going up) and ordered our tickets to go to Italy over the Easter break!

04379FD7000003E8-5118211-image-m-20_1511

Planning to fly into Milan, stay there for two nights, then move on to Florence for a few days (possibly also visit Siena and Pisa) and then go to Rome!
Now I just need to sort out all the hotels/rooms, train tickets, museum tickets, sightseeing tours etc. And learn some Italian. Fun! :p

Looking forward to it though! :D

I might be able to get some recommendations for Florence.  My friend's dad gave me some when I was there because he lived there for some years (or was from there, I forget).  Although you definitely need to go to Piazzale Michelangelo (which you can climb up but there's lots of stairs so @Fierce_LiNk will get his legs workout) and see the view from there.

I can forward a list of recommendations from my Milanese friend if you want?  Not been myself so can't vouch for it, but I trust him!

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

I might be able to get some recommendations for Florence.  My friend's dad gave me some when I was there because he lived there for some years (or was from there, I forget).  Although you definitely need to go to Piazzale Michelangelo (which you can climb up but there's lots of stairs so @Fierce_LiNk will get his legs workout) and see the view from there.

I can forward a list of recommendations from my Milanese friend if you want?  Not been myself so can't vouch for it, but I trust him!

A list of recommendations would be lovely!

I went with school when I was 18, so I know of some places to go to, but it has been quite a while. I just remember the city being lovely, plus we can take the train from there to Siena and Pisa. So far on my list are:

- the Duomo
- the Uffizi Galleries
- Basilica San Miniato al Monte (gives an amazing view of the city)
- Palazzo Vecchio
- Ponte Vecchio

Any more tips are welcome! :D
Also, if he lives in Milan, tips for that city are welcome too haha. We'll try and visit the football stadium and of course check out the Duomo and the Galleria Vittorio.

2 hours ago, bob said:

When in Rome, I recommend the Square with all the cats!

I just had to look it up, is that the Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary? Caaaaats! Might have to go there! :D

I just had to look it up, is that the Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary? Caaaaats! Might have to go there! [emoji3]
That's the one. The actual sanctuary was closed when we went there, but the surrounding area is filled with super friendly stray cats everywhere you look.
  • Like 1

Having finished up the third season of Mr. Robot, I was looking for something different to watch and settled on giving this a try. Looking forward to giving it a go. Was never that fussed with Game of Thrones as there's something that just doesn't appeal to me about it so do worry this may fall that way too but I got it cheap and have heard it doesn't quite toe the same lines as GoT so fingers crossed.

91y+qr3obwL._SY445_.jpg

1 hour ago, martinist said:

Upgrading my internet from copper to fiber optic. Should see a dramatic increase in speed after getting this in January.

Best thing we ever did, went from sub-par speeds of less than 2Mbps right up to... *checks* 75Mbps :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, bob said:
42 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

I didn't know they had made AOT films. Are they any good?

I watched them last night with @Goafer. From what I’ve read they’re thought of as pretty terrible but I thought they were ok as long as you kind of just let them be their own thing instead of comparing too much with the series.

• Like 1