Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

51164S6JdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Working my way through TNG (just started season 4) and felt like owning these films (First Contact was actually my introduction to Star Trek, so I have a vast fondness for it). I may buy the Trilogy and 6 Blu-Rays at a later date. The other two I refuse to own.

Grabbed that Friends boxset last year when it was about £25. Seriously enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Watching the whole series in order is so much better than seeing constantly repeated reruns on E4/comedy central, which is enough to put anyone off the show forever (but keep lining the actors' pockets indefinitely).

Much of the world seemed to go through a phase of acting like they were too cool to find Friends funny. One of those "it's popular so I don't like it", things. But that show has some damn hilarious moments and didn't even get tired 10 seasons in.

Edited by Shorty
"phase", not "phrase".

Agreed. I think people are too harsh about Friends. The number of times i find myself quoting it even by accident is amazing.

The fact that it managed to stay consistently good for 10 seasons without jumping the shark makes it great, i think.

Friends is the perfect example of something that is 'hated' purely because it's so popular.

I often find myself copying the phrasing Ross uses when talking with Chandler and Joey about Joey's tailor, 'That is how the measure pants........IN PRISON.'