Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

What Have You Bought?

Ashley

A crazy man traded his copy in at the GAME store I work in. He got £11 for it.. it sells for £24.99 preowned. Discount for the win. It's in perfect condition too! Same thing happened with TWEWY except that traded in and sold for much less obviously :heh:

jeekers thats pretty bad...

my colleague has a daughter thats just passed and hers is 2.2k.... lol... raging. Thats like 220ish pounds a month! Crazy!

Crazy indeed!

My current insurer quoted me almost £900! I told them where 2 go!!! I mentioned that quote but they didn't seem prepared to match it.

Nothing! Yes. I feel great. But I only have like £*** to last me the month. Which is fine, I just won't eat. (Fuck Food)

I took out £30 last night to go out with. I woke up with like £9. I hate life / It's fine. I don't even remember patches of last night - I woke up alarmed, I didn't know where I was at first, just that I woke up in your arms. So that feels like it was worth time and money/ I felt like such a Betty last night. Such a Heather. [/irrelevant]

Just 'purchased' something that doesn't make me happy...

You and me both.

I fired up Adobe Bridge and copied all the photos I took today to my camera directory on my external HD. I then deleted all the photos on the memory card, as it was starting to get full. Turns out I didn't copy all the files from today. Fucking Bridge/my camera has a weird way of sorting things, so I only got a few.

I've now had to spend £25 on recovery software. I know, I could have got it for "free", but if a company has the decency to price something sensibly, I have the decency to pay for it. I'm looking at you Adobe. Or at least I would be if I hadn't payed full retail price for all my Adobe products. All of them. 100% retail...

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later and the software is good to have. Doesn't mean I liked buying it though.

I'm looking at you Adobe. Or at least I would be if I hadn't payed full retail price for all my Adobe products. All of them. 100% retail...

I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later and the software is good to have. Doesn't mean I liked buying it though.

Did you get all your photos back?

You must be Adobes favourite customer!

But yeah 'necessary' purchases suck.

Did you get all your photos back?

Not sure about the photos yet, the demo version found the files, but wouldn't restore them due to the limits of the demo. The full version is just scanning the memory card now. It's found 3000 files, so chances are good. I just hope there is a way of sorting the results by date taken. I only want the files taken today.

Although that's providing that they were written to the card at all. My camera/the card could have spazzed out and not recorded them in the first place. If they were personal photos it wouldn't be a problem, but they were pictures of a rugby match for my local team.

£662.50... Thats with 6 years no claims but protected (fully comp). Can't afford to lose that no claims and have my premiums shoot back up! :(

Jesus. What the hell are you driving? Or has insurance really really gone up in the last couple of years?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO5rKpUFIpj5yWXb0uGRPsKTWi5xUm4RhlhS3lwUzGNP5fxxycng

This along with the deodarant and shower gel - $115, stuff like this seems to be ridiculous here. You can either buy Lynx cheaply or go with something crazily priced. Doesn't seem to be any sort of reasonable middle ground.

Not sure about the photos yet.

Ah balls, technology eh!?

Hope you can recover them in the end! :)

Jesus. What the hell are you driving? Or has insurance really really gone up in the last couple of years?

A 2010 1.6 Vauxhall Astra SRi Petrol: (This isn't my exact car' date=' googled it)

[img']http://www.autoweb.co.uk/compupix/vauxhall-astra-hatchback-petrol_2030440.jpg[/img]

My insurance has gone up even though no claims have also gone up, my insurance would only be like £570 ish if I didn't have the no claims protected - alias they help keep my premium down!

My insurance has gone up even though no claims have also gone up, my insurance would only be like £570 ish if I didn't have the no claims protected - alias they help keep my premium down!

I've always found protected ncb to be a con. You're buying insurance for your insurance. If you're paying an extra £100 a year then the cost will soon outweigh the increase of losing them.