Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The end of the human race

nightwolf

So I'm a massive zombie fan, I've watched many a zombie film, some entirely possible, others completely baffling.

I go to places and imagine how I'd survive if it happened, I read zombie survival guides, etc etc.

In the end really it's all just a big joke to me, but in the end it could be possible.

So I'm asking you N-E, do you think about the zombie apocalypse? Do you go to places and wonder how you'd survive? What would you do first if it broke out?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...but in the end it could be possible.

What?

I would lock myself up in my old first year student village.

There were several blocks and then other buildings, but the blocks for flats would be pretty good...

Lots of doors, doors with locks and only one main passage way.

I'd basically clear out one block completely and secure it down.

Then let people come move in and work together to clear out the other blocks, build defences and start a small village.

But then after a couple of years I'd just go insane and kill all the humans and feed them to the zombies.

I'd go to a local pond/lake, which has a few tiny islands. I'd stay on one of the little islands and fish for my food for a couple of months.

But what if the fish turned zombie, what if the zombies decided to swim or came to the island?!

Maybe I think about this too much, I thought others did too. :weep:

I've considered this a lot and I've formulated what I think is a fairly decent zombie outbreak survival strategy.

At Z-hour, when it was finally decided the outbreak could no longer be controlled and a state of worldwide emergency was declared, and depending on whether or not I was still alive, I'd round up my surviving friends and family and we'd arm ourselves with household weapons before stealing a decent sized people carrier and head to the nearest Tesco for supplies.

Incase food was contaminated, we'd stock up on whatever we could if the store hadn't been cleaned out already. Stuff like cricket bats and white shirts/red ties to put around our heads, tinned foods, a few recent Blu-ray release.

I wouldn't travel with anyone holding a gun.

Before we left, we'd listen to any plans anyone had and vote on the best course of action. I could well get overruled at this point, but my suggestion would and always will be as follows:

We head north, to Scotland by road. Those who drive take shifts, those who don't keep watch at night. When we reach Scotland, we hold up until clear weather and make by boat to the Shetland Islands hoping the outbreak hasn't reached there.

Shetland is perfect. Isolated from the mainland but reachable if need be. Zombie outbreak would not have likely reached there, and if it had it could probably be controlled. I doubt zombies can swim to Shetland.

I think maybe if birds became infected we could have a problem with them coming to the island. I bet seagulls are everywhere. I need to come up with an idea for them.

We'd set up in the Shetland islands and ensure we were safe, groups of four going back to the mainland every two weeks or when weather permitted to collect supplies. Nobody would be forced to go if they didn't want to. In winter, we'd go heaver handed and more rarely due to the rough sea conditions.

We'd probably having to spread out further into the mainland for food as the years went on. I don't know how long this could last, but I'm convinced this is the best way to survive as long as possible.

Then... we'd keep living. One day at a time. Never forgetting.

This is of course assuming it's a regular zombie outbreak and not some airbourne virus. There are other plans for other outbreaks.

Edited by Guy

But what if the fish turned zombie, what if the zombies decided to swim or came to the island?!

Maybe I think about this too much, I thought others did too. :weep:

Since some people struggle to swim, I doubt a zombie could! If it was running off basic instinct, I think it would avoid the water. It would still need to be alive to be walking around and would still need to breathe.

If animals could also become zombies, then that would be pretty bleak. Aren't there more rats in this country than humans?

Since some people struggle to swim, I doubt a zombie could! If it was running off basic instinct, I think it would avoid the water. It would still need to be alive to be walking around and would still need to breathe.

If animals could also become zombies, then that would be pretty bleak. Aren't there more rats in this country than humans?

It depends, I mean there's reports animals could and do have host attached to their brains, I imagine you'd need to be good at shooting them!

Water wise I'm just going off my readings, the zombie survival guide I re-read again recently and it stuck in my mind about zombies entering large volumes of water, such as rivers, lakes that kinda thing. Specially if your the only living flesh around, I imagine the sea wouldn't particularly matter if they fell however many miles down!

Scoop - I imagine if you were still living by that point you'd be immune to the virus, so here's hoping, but how the hell would you get to the shetland island, swim?

Scoop - I imagine if you were still living by that point you'd be immune to the virus, so here's hoping, but how the hell would you get to the shetland island, swim?

I'd take a boat, you can get there in twelve hours. Hour and a half by plane.

I'm more worried about the birds landing on the island that are infected...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!