N-Europe

Nightclubs are sucky

Paj!

I don't go to straight clubs anymore, because:

• They're really expensive.
  • They rarely play good music, or even shit music I like.
  • In general, I hate drunk straight men.
  • You can't go to the toilet without being harassed / forced to tip the toilet attendant.
  • There's not that same "dancing spirit" that there is in gay bars.

Oh Chair, considering you semi live in Oxford now. Next Shindig. Done.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Chair, considering you semi live in Oxford now. Next Shindig. Done.

Whaaaaat aree you saying to me?

---

O YH. Joke of the year. I was at a house party last week in Amersham (?), and I saw a sign to Aylsebury which was 10 miles away, and I wanted to call you and ambush you, but didn't have ur numbah.

Maybe it's just me but other than on TV I've never experience that happening at all.

Happens quite a lot. Also lessing out is a good way for girls to get to the front of queues/in easily. Bouncers love it if girls are touching each other.

Whaaaaat aree you saying to me?

---

O YH. Joke of the year. I was at a house party last week in Amersham (?), and I saw a sign to Aylsebury which was 10 miles away, and I wanted to call you and ambush you, but didn't have ur numbah.

I used to live in Chesham which is like a mile from Amersham. :p But yes Amersham is very close to me.

Anyway you have an open invite to the next Shindig. Its in Milton Keynes.

I don't understand the point of clubs. Maybe they have more attraction to single folks. I would rather sit down in a bar or pub, chatting with good friends, getting to know friends of friends, laughing and getting drunk slowly but surely. I'm not interested in dancing unless it's a live band that I'm really into.

And it's never as fun as having anywhere from 1-10 mates back round your house getting wasted and playing Wii Sports or Rock Band or similar.

I don't understand the point of clubs. Maybe they have more attraction to single folks. I would rather sit down in a bar or pub, chatting with good friends, getting to know friends of friends, laughing and getting drunk slowly but surely. I'm not interested in dancing unless it's a live band that I'm really into.

This.

And it's never as fun as having anywhere from 1-10 mates back round your house getting wasted and playing Wii Sports or Rock Band or similar.

I've never been or would ever like to go to a nightclub. How could you meet anybody when you have loud, crappy songs blasting from the speakers? Like Shorty said, in a pub with your mates is the best option. However, round a mates house gaming is a much better option! :p

What posh clubs do you go to where they hand out fancy soap? :heh:

The only thing that happens in the toilets is much vomiting right next to me when I'm trying to go to the toilet.

I've never been or would ever like to go to a nightclub. How could you meet anybody when you have loud, crappy songs blasting from the speakers? Like Shorty said, in a pub with your mates is the best option. However, round a mates house gaming is a much better option! :p

GOOD MAN. :D

keep this up. There is no need to ever experience it. : peace:

For me its Bomberman online with random people hating on me for wearing a cowboy hat. :grin:

I used to live in Chesham which is like a mile from Amersham. :p But yes Amersham is very close to me.

Anyway you have an open invite to the next Shindig. Its in Milton Keynes.

Hey, my girlfriend lives in Chesham. Well, when she's not at uni anyway.

Night clubs are mostly shit and usually full of the kind of people who are desperate to get absolutely wasted for reasons unclear as well as get off with random strangers. Filthy toilets and admission costs as well. No thanks.

On the other hand, pubs are a nice place to actually chat to your friends and enjoy the odd pint.

Rarely go downtown, mostly because of how expensive it is, getting pre-drunk is cheaper but alcohol is expensive at stores so there is not a huge save to be had.

Last time I went clubbing was only because my older brother was having his goodbye party as he is moving to Britain.

My brother being one of this hipsters that find it super ironic to hang out at a gay bar,even though all of us are straight.

So the evening was uneventful except for not trying to get attention from others there

I'm going to swim against the current of general conciousness and throw this out there: I like clubbing. Nay, I love it. I'll freely admit there are many awful clubs, but there are also many amazing ones - you just have to look for them. Your best off not going on word-of-mouth, as what people like from a nightclub varies drastically from person to person.

Oh, and gay nights when you're with a large group of girls is always fun.

:blank:

Its definitely something to do. A life experience. I'd enjoy it alot if I went less frequently.

I just don't see any attraction to it. My mates go all the time and they tell me these stories of what happened to them and stuff. They want me to go up Broad Street and stuff but I wouldn't want to go. Seeing teenagers fighting because they can't handle their drink or stumbling on the pavements, lying in their own puke isn't something I'd like to see in real life. I'm not saying this happens in all clubs but the stories I hear and the shows I've seen...it's just something I don't think I'd like.

In my town theres only one club, and it's pretty much the scummiest place in the world. I've only been a couple of times, when absolutely trashed already. Its possible to get a train in to Edinburgh for a night out, but its either a £40 taxi ride back or waiting until the first train / bus the next morning, which isn't as fun as you think its gonna be at 4am when you decide you can't afford a taxi.

If you want a good pre-drinking drink. Go for Buckfast - £6 or so. It's got an awful reputation but a bottle of buck and then one pint in a club will be literally all you need for the night. The amount of caffeine in that stuff will keep you bouncing for hours.

image.php?id=1097274&type=full

And if you get ripped off by a taxi driver or food place then you should bloody well tell them so.

I always negotiate, no matter how pissed I am. I normally use the "I've only got..." routine. Works like a charm.

You can't go to the toilet without being harassed / forced to tip the toilet attendant.

I love to hate these people, and will wonder how long it will be before I see one who is white. I just ignore them mostly, although I have been persuaded to leave a tip in exchange for a few sprays of whatever cologne he has on offer. There's no way I'm tipping him for passing me some tissue. I let the beer wash my hands.

One thing that is in decline is the singing "Freshen up for the poonani" is something I've not heard in awhile.

I never realised you had to tip the strange man in the toilets.

The other night at Opal Lounge (one of the few nice/up their own arses ones I actually quite like), I remember I just shook his hand and smiled, backing out the door.

Then I ran to the dancefloor cause Commander by Kelly Rowland was on and I had to sing and dance along.

I never realised you had to tip the strange man in the toilets.

The other night at Opal Lounge (one of the few nice/up their own arses ones I actually quite like), I remember I just shook his hand and smiled, backing out the door.

Then I ran to the dancefloor cause Commander by Kelly Rowland was on and I had to sing and dance along.

I think I've been to the Opal Lounge twice... Neither time did I make the dancefloor. The first time we were just sitting down all night enjoying that there was a drinks waitress. The 2nd time we had to leave early as one of my mates wasn't well.

I've got in cheap a few times cause I know one of the girls who runs the door bit, and I've always been satisfied overall cause they've always had some drinks promotion or another that was pretty good. £2.50 for double vodka + mixer the other night was win in my eyes. I never got to the VIP section the other night (though I was allowed to)..I left in a state before I could. :P Apparently it's nice? Dunno what's in there.

If you want a good pre-drinking drink. Go for Buckfast - £6 or so. It's got an awful reputation but a bottle of buck and then one pint in a club will be literally all you need for the night. The amount of caffeine in that stuff will keep you bouncing for hours.

Working in the Co-op, that stuff is the bane of my very existence. I'm fairly certain I've never sold it to anyone much over the age of 20 who also still lived in a building of some description.

Night clubs are okay, not really my scene but I find entertainment in them whenever I'm dragged along to one. Good eye candy, horrible skinting prices and the most awful Facebook photos the morning after are usually what I get out of the ordeal.

I hate not being able to chat to people when I go out. It drives me insane. That's really my only gripe with clubbing. Other than that we're golden. End of the rainbow golden.

I only go to one nightclub in Birmingham, and it's pretty damn' good! It's more of an alternative/rock club though, rather than these shitty trashy mainstream/RnB clubs. I've made tons of friends there and met my gf there too, it's brilliant when there's tons of peeps I know. The only problem we've had there is an ex-friend being a dick, but that's been sorted now. Oh, and I can usually spend £40-£60 for the entire night and thqat includes entry fee, drinks and a taxi home (although we usually drink before heading out, which makes it a lot cheaper, lol.)

I find pretty much any other club shit though.