N-Europe

Parental Fail (and OdWIN)

jayseven

c9b23002-4204-44a3-944d-c6d15e71babb.jpg

So I started having an allergic reaction a couple of hours ago. In case you're not WIRED INTO THE N-E MAINFRAME, I've been rushed to hospital previously (cheers for the lift, Shorty!) as my face/mouth/tongue/throat were swelling.

Usually these Special Events occur in the morning, after I'd eaten something dodgy the night before -- dodgy being MSG... Dodgy being one of London's finest Subway establishments.

So where's the fail?

I get home to find my mum has 'kindly' 'tidied' my 'mess'. Next to my bed I keep essentials; phone, wallet, keys, tobacco, diary, chess, money bank, buddha, hearing aid batteries, anti-histamine tablets.

Yeah.

Best bit? Clambering through the 'medicine cabinet' I wake my mum up, who is, admittedly, midly concerned, but clueless as to where my 'mess' has gone. Her solution for a potentially LIFE THREATENING moment? She returns with a pack of wet face wipes, saying "it's probably all that London on you."

Urgh.

Well luckily I had a nearby mate still on facebook, and I whizzed round there and... now I sit here, tired as fuck from the whole meet/hangover/no sleep and I'm essentially too afraid to fall asleep, in case etcetc.

TL;DR?

Well, can you think of any parenting fails you'd like to share?

(ideally we'll hear a few from Odwin...)

I was 3.

I had managed to get up onto a red box platform thing, not too high enough off the ground but fora 3 year old it was terrifying. So I'm in the corner of the room crying on top of this box unable to get down. Where was my mum?

filming it. going "Oh, can't you get down?" highly amused. The next minute I full of it flat on my face and my mum doesn't rush over but continues to film it.

The next day I had managed to get stuck up there again, perhaps my mum would help me this time?

Nope she just films it again going "Aww, are you stuck up there again?"

:D

My mum does that with my anti histamine migraine meds!!

I get so angry, mid migraine, im about to die and its like pointless taking them anyway >_<

Gr. I know I shouldn't leave them around, but like you didnt, they were in your room? I'd hit the roof if my ma messed with stuff in my room!

I tend to find having a older sister who is a complete prat makes me able to get on with my life without my parents failing on me.

I don't think my parents have either tidied my room, my dad was very strict with making sure we kept them clean and I'd rush home before he got home from work to make sure it was perfect, he was pretty angry those days as his jobs weren't the best.

*shrug*

I don't really have that many tales of parental fail. I'm an odd combination of slack (whereby I let my kids get away with whatever they want as long as they don't break stuff) and paranoid (roads, there are roads everywhere, cars will kill my children).

A little girl this cute can't have been parentally failed:

But still, my possible fails:

Good place to rest this trumpet.

Photos%20325.jpg

Where did I put that sudocrem?

Photos%20804.jpg

Accidents happen!

CIMG0110.JPG

Sometimes you let your kid play on a fence

CIMG0185.jpg

And then more accidents happen because of the fence

CIMG0188.jpg

Sometimes you let your kids play with felt tip pens

CIMG0201.JPG

They have no respect for food etiquette

CIMG0344.JPG

But you feed them good stuff

CIMG0918.JPG

Let them sleep somewhere nice

CIMG0991.JPG

Let them watch good TV

CIMG1022.JPG

Sometimes you go away for five minutes and they punish you by vomiting all over themselves and playing with it. With a grin.

CIMG1025.JPG

So then you lock them in the kitchen

CIMG1090.JPG

Or let them fall down the toilet

CIMG1180.JPG

Or put some facepaint on them that they're allergic to

CIMG1214.JPG

(Not as bad as it looks!)

You teach the older one to be mean to the younger one

CIMG1270.JPG

And give her a sweetie sandwich as reward

CIMG1486.JPG

You teach them about putting on sun cream, but they fail

CIMG1713.JPG

But the boy can eat a babybel in one go

CIMG1727.JPG

The very shelves at Tesco are their playground

CIMG1744.JPG

And after all this you live the dream by seeing them do something amazing

CIMG1767.JPG

Edited by Mr_Odwin

I was waiting for someone to post that.

I can't belive people actually think it was 'The Internet''s fault that this happened though. I mean, she was going around making youtube videos threatening to kill people. And now because of a few prank calls, and general trolling, she's instantly the victim. What sort of parent buy's there 11 year old a webcam.

I once hurt my leg at school really badly. But my mum would refused to come to the school just for me since my two sisters were also there and she didn't want to come and go twice for me just hurting my leg. Bear in mind this happened at 11 in the morning. So I sat in the medical room for 4 hours (school finished at 3) and she inspected my leg. Showing her great medical knowledge in front of the receptionist declaring it "just a swelling of the knee".

Luckily I persuaded her to take me to hospital to check, turns out I'd fractured my leg in two places and she was wrong. Fail.

She has generally been quite fail at diagnosing me. There are other similar situations to this basically.

my mum just ran upstairs when she heard the end of With Portfolio by Mogwai in a massive panic. If you don't know the song, it culminates in a MASSIVE, throbbing stereo wave that sends a colossal feedback note from left to right between your speekers. It sounds a bit like what I imagine a massive brain hemorrhage might do.

"What is it!?"

"Music, mum"

"I thought something had happened!"

"Like what?"

"I thought you had collapsed on your computer or something"

"What?"