N-Europe

Places I'd Rather Be Than Where I Am Now

gaggle64

Simply because I'm sick of living in an area which is essentially a combo retirement community/teenage pregnancy ward. You've probably got places you'd all rather be too. Do share. They can be realistic or bizzaro as you as you please.

I have 5 that spring to mind:

1. London - stuff happens there sometimes, or so I hear.

2. Edinburgh - Essentially everyone I have ever known or loved seems to be there now.

3. About 200ft away from Mel Gibson with a clear line of sight - I just really, REALLY hate his movies for some reason. Always have.

- because I'm a sucker for neon-lit cocktail bars. Also, blue alien strippers.

5. Diana Rigg, circa 1965.

You?

Ellmeister's mother.

Had a really random crazing (is that even the right word?) to just spend the day chilling in the Starbucks overlooking the Shibuya crossing this morning.

But it would change all the time. I can has Tardis?

Wouldn't mind relaxing it down in Australia. Or back in Ancient Egypt. Always wondered what it'd be like being a kid in an American high school, just to see if it was anything like what it is represented as in the movies.

But, all things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.

Ellmeister's mother.

Had a really random crazing (is that even the right word?) to just spend the day chilling in the Starbucks overlooking the Shibuya crossing this morning.

But it would change all the time. I can has Tardis?

Craving does the trick!

(can't think of anywhere right now...)

Simply because I'm sick of living in an area which is essentially a combo retirement community/teenage pregnancy ward.

>___> ......... thats my home region you know :P but I admit Dumfries & Galloway can get a bit boring. Compared to any main city it's pretty much a pile of crap. But damn it man! It's my home!

Singapore or Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is awesome but I wouldn't want to be there at this time of year. It's like turning an oven up to 200, waiting 10 minutes then sticking your head in.

Edited by Shorty

The Isle of Wight- I just love it there. Sandown basically has everything I need.

America- I've always wanted to live there...

I Agree with you on America and wanting to live there.

the best thing though is that i've never been there, i'm just assuming i want to live there. heh.

I really want to go to New York, maybe just the tourist side of me, and Friends does a really good job of advertising the pluses of New York.

Las Vegas... why wouldnt i want to be there?

California... again why wouldnt i?

i'd also really like to go to Tokyo... just the nerd side of me i guess.

and as people have mentioned... London.

i just love the city vibe.... Bristol just doesnt cut it.

Well I live in London so I'm not really bothered about being somewhere else at the moment because there's a lifetime of stuff to do here. Normally I want to get out of London as soon as I'm on holiday but this year is probably the first year I'm not bothered, probably because I've finally worked out how to take advantage of this kick ass place.

However, right now I'm at work and I'd much rather be...

You've got listen right to the end for this to make sense.

. New York, the streets make you feel brand new.

. Canada, Toronto or Vancouver thanks.

. New Zealand, Visiting Frodo and Gandalf in Hobbit land

. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.

i just love the city vibe.... Bristol just doesnt cut it.

Ha, I'm moving to Bristol soon to get that city vibe :heh:

But then anywhere would be more exciting than the middle-of-nowheresville that I live in now...

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando.

Yes! This is one of two reasons why I really want to go to the US. The other reason is that I want to see Abney Park in concert - plus go to a steampunk convention ... heck, any sort of convention. We're pretty behind in Denmark when it comes to subcultures. T.T

Also, I really want to go to the UK again. If I were to choose my nationality purely based on what country I like best, I'd be British. I still prefer the Danish political and welfare system, so I wouldn't want to move, but the UK has probably always been my favourite country when it comes to language and culture.