NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

I think that blue shells latch on to whoever was in the lead when they were fired, so if you are leading and hear that one's been fired, the best you can do is slow down and try and take out a few of the computer karts with you.

I think that blue shells latch on to whoever was in the lead when they were fired, so if you are leading and hear that one's been fired, the best you can do is slow down and try and take out a few of the computer karts with you.

Yeah i figured as much. When i see a CPU kart with a blue shell i slam on the brakes and pray 2nd place overtakes me before they launch it now. I find it hard to take down others with me though if it does still gun for me - need to get better at that. Seems to be helping though in general! I have managed to 3-star all cups except the Mirror retro cups now :yay:

I just keep racing and not waste time braking. Get hit, recover quickly and make up lost time

I just keep racing and not waste time braking. Get hit, recover quickly and make up lost time

Sometimes that is the only solution if you are well in the lead, but the cheating AI will normally be quite close behind no matter how far ahead you should be so a blue shell near the end of the 3rd lap is pretty much devastating. 2nd lap is okay.

I am super happy right now though as i finally did it! 3-starred every cup :yay: The Retro cups were really easy actually, i did them all first time. Weird how it can turn around like that. Maybe i am just better at the retro cups, though i like to think i have gotten better in general.

Best thing is i dont have to think about being screwed by the CPU anymore - i'm free!!! I can play for fun again! :D

Managed to 3 star 2 more tracks yesterday. The 150cc Special Cup, for once, took it really easy on me and in the end it was a breeze. Wish the AI showed some consistency. It's almost as if the AI said "OK, I've hammered him enough now, so I'll take it easy on him this time!"

I was looking through my Activity Log recently and filtered my play data to display only what I had played in 2012.. somewhat surprisingly, I have played Mario Kart: Super Circuit (5:57) more than Mario Kart 7 (3:47) this year :eek:

I have played Mario Kart 7 significantly more overall but I did find that a little interesting :heh:

The comparison isn't interesting, but the fact you could play super circuit for more than 5 minutes is absolutely fascinating!!

The comparison isn't interesting, but the fact you could play super circuit for more than 5 minutes is absolutely fascinating!!

Given how rewarding the racing & handling are in it, I'm surprised more people haven't played it more than MK7 :heh:

From the Nintendo Direct presentation.

Mario Kart 7 is finally getting a patch this May.

It'll fix bugs and all the specific glitches that currently allow to take on unintended shortcuts like the infamous Maka Wuhu track and such.

After all the speculation about how the game wasn't set-up to be patchable at all, it looks like we can all start playing again.

PATCHES!!! Finally!

PATCHES!!! Finally!
YES! :yay:

I really hope it's done automatically in Sleep Mode or something. That way loads of people cheaters might not be aware of it, and still try driving off the track on Wuhu Mountain Loop! :heh:

Either way, this is awesome news! :awesome:

That way loads of people cheaters might not be aware of it, and still try driving off the track on Wuhu Mountain Loop! :heh:

Oh how funny would that be? an entire group slow down to get the items they need to jump in, only to find Lakitu putting them right back where they fell in!

I can imagine the faces now!

I wonder if there will be an option to play without the patch. Would be a shame to have the original version of the game (with the glitch enabled) lost forever.

It's good that they're fixing it, but then I look back on the kinds of glitches you saw in Mario Kart 64 (Wario Stadium, Rainbow Road) and it got me thinking that today's Nintendo would've patched those shortcuts out of the game. It would've been sad to see those go, they make MK64 much more fun!

I wonder if there will be an option to play without the patch.

I don't think so. Those who patched it vs those who didn't in the same race? most likely your going to HAVE to download the patch if you want to play online.

I wonder if there will be an option to play without the patch. Would be a shame to have the original version of the game (with the glitch enabled) lost forever.

I imagine you don't have to download it, but may be locked out online.

I hope they also remove the retarded 'walls' on the course; I am constantly - and naturally (I can't not do it) - trying to push the flying mechanics to the absolute limit and cut huge corners off. The game always drops me out of the sky.

I wonder what else will be patched/altered other than the Wuhu Mountain glitch? (That's the only glitch I am aware of)

I wonder if they'll fix the community thing so that they are more private.

ie: you need to have the cummunity code added to be able to join it, even if you have a friend in the group, you shouldn't be able to join your friend in the group if you don't have the community code added yourself

(This issue happened in the League on thursday... had to race with a random :mad:)

Wonder if they might add more "chat" options... or even let you type stuff yourself :heh:

Better than: "In order to carry on playing online, please send your copy of Mario Kart 7 to Nintendo and we will send you a patched version in 6-8 weeks".

Cool thats good news

I'm curious, why don't you take part in the Mario Kart league?

I wonder what else will be patched/altered other than the Wuhu Mountain glitch? (That's the only glitch I am aware of)

The game crashed sometimes when you unlock a new vehicle part. Probably too late for most people, but it would be nice if they fixed it.

Autostart is a pretty big glitch as well ;) :P

The game crashed sometimes when you unlock a new vehicle part. Probably too late for most people, but it would be nice if they fixed it.

Autostart is a pretty big glitch as well ;) :P

That crash happened to me quite a bit. Really surprised that Nintendo let that one slip through!

I'm curious, why don't you take part in the Mario Kart league?

dont now I might join it how do you join up