NEurope
Retro_Link

Mario Kart 7

Oh yes! Look at that screenshot - the 3DS is looking amazing : peace:

Wait... Mario Kart? 3DS?

*looks at image*

Holy shit...

I need a moment alone to contemplate this...

*leaves thread*

The first screen of this game had me excited.

The rest made me think "Mario Kart DS now with texture filtering." :/

I hope it plays well and has good track design at least.

Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks.

I hope that the game will go back to only using karts, rather than motorcycles and barrels.

But this does seem awesome!

Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character.

Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character.

Please don't anyone else follow that unfunny pattern and instead take the topic back onto legitimate discussion. :)

I hope that the game will go back to only using karts, rather than motorcycles and barrels.

Do you have something against variety?

This looks brilliant! The 3DS could possibly be my favourite console ever and I haven't even played it, lmfao!

Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks. Please be able to create our own tracks.

The fact you repeated this made it feel like you meant it so much more. Saying it once wouldn't have been enough.

Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character. Please have Kamek as a playable character.

You copied him! Hilarious!

Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character. Please have Cammie as a playable character.

This thread wasn't complete without this necessary post. Congrats.

:heh:

-

It's odd that they didn't show all these other 3DS games in a little montage after Kid Icarus. The crowd would have gone berserk for this one especially.

Get in! :yay:

Mario Kart in 3D and no bikes (or odd cars) to be seen! icon14.gif

Hope it's back to basics with this one, bring back coins too! :grin:

Mario Kart DS was perhaps the best Mario Kart game I had ever played, I still play it more then I do of Mario Kart Wii. So yeah 3D Mario Kart here I come xD

Please don't anyone else follow that unfunny pattern and instead take the topic back onto legitimate discussion. :)

Do you have something against variety?

Yeah but mine was a reference to the E3 MSN chat the staff were having :p

But yeah, looks like an awesome game :D Blue shell IN YOUR FACE!

Get in! :yay:

Mario Kart in 3D and no bikes (or odd cars) to be seen! icon14.gif

Hope it's back to basics with this one, bring back coins too! :grin:

It would be good to have the coins back... but I thought you enjoyed the wackiness of Mario Kart Wii with the bikes and odd cars. :blank:

The feather, speedy red shells, and the old SNES battle mode courses please. Perfect multiplayer gaming.

edit: d'oh

Edited by Ronnie

The feather, speedy red shells, and the old NES battle mode courses please. Perfect multiplayer gaming.

It would've been perfect, had the NES had a version of Mario Kart.

No blue shell! or at least the ability to turn just that off( not happening)

Improved battle mode.

I wonder if instead of some random Retro Cups, we will see the full Mario Kart 64 Cups and tracks unlocked after completing the new one's, seeing as they've ported OoT and Lylat Wars for the 3DS.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook NOW!!!! I'm getting a 3DS. This just tipped the scale.

I thought you enjoyed the wackiness of Mario Kart Wii with the bikes and odd cars. :blank:
I do, but there's absolutely no doubt that it messes with the balance of the game.

Bikes have way too much advantage over karts and the different vehicle types also create another unnecessary component.

Fact is, the power-ups are all you need to have diversity in Mario Kart.

The way I see it, everyone should have the exact same vehicle, (a good old standard go kart) and then it's just up to your driving skill and how well you put the items to use.

Of course MK Wii is still great fun, but I know there are a lot of people that got frustrated with the OTT nature of the game. And I can't really blame them.

That kind of insane gameplay is definitely a laugh, but I think Nintendo should take all of that insanity, along with the bikes/vehicle variations/tricks/etc... and make it into a different franchise, even chuck other Nintendo characters in there, make it like a Smash Bros. style racing game. :D

And that way Mario Kart can stay true to its classic formula.

Mind you, I very much doubt that Nintendo will do this. There's no way they'll ignore the success that MK Wii achieved, so despite these early 3DS screens showing what looks like a return to the classic MK style, I won't be at all surprised if it ends being just like a portable, 3D version of MK Wii. Wackiness included. :heh:

Either way, I'll still be there on day 1. :wink:

http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/109/1098453p1.html

E3 2010: Mario Kart 3DS is Looking Slick

Non-playable but certainly realtime!

e3-2010-mario-kart-3ds-screens-20100615115217219_640w.jpg

One of the no-brainer games hitting the Nintendo 3DS is Mario Kart, and the game is at E3 but in a non-playable form. The demo shows off the game's engine (running at 60 frames per second) as well as two characters: Mario and Luigi. Having the ability to see down into the distance is a fantastic effect on the 3DS, and I'm sure it will help to see how far away you are from other racers when you can actually, you know, play it.

I did notice a subtle feature being shown in this demo: Mario and Luigi will look at each other as they get closer to each other. Not just in head turning, but also in eyeball rolling. They'll give each other focused glares as they're driving, something that I've never seen done in previous versions of Mario Kart.

I saw tracks designed around the Wii Sports Resort island as well as the classic Peach castle (complete with blossom petals falling to the road and into the player's face).

But there's not much to this demo other than a camera that's spinning around Mario and Luigi. Non playable as of right now.

I love the 3DS!

Nintendo are just going absolutely all out... it feels almost like the Wii's successor, let alone the DS'!!