N-Europe

Sayings and Phrases that annoy you

Josh64

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FUCK YES!!

I understand it being used every now and again, like in birthday cards and such, but it's just been completely devalued as a gesture by a whole plethora of morons who use it all the time whether it's one, two or a millions "x"s.

My other half is awesome because he doesn't use x's ever, ah the bliss. No 'where's my x?' or 'why only 3 x's?'

I do admit I have from time to time used x in conversations from force of habit, but it annoys me for too long afterwards!

Haha poor Jim!

Every saying from the Blackcountry dialect.

Stuff like, "How am ya!", Aright shag!" and when they acknowledge you with "Oh R!".

Also "Fink", instead of "Think" and "Feo", instead of "Theo", etc...

Disgusting. :nono:

Where i live, everyone speaks like that.

Never heard anyone say Theo, so i can't back you up on that one.

It does annoy me when people call my girlfriend Eva though.

Its Heather.

One thing which really grinds my gears is when you hear people talking to their other halfs in baby voices and calling each other things like baby girl, and one which my friend says "My panda bear".

It doesn't bother me that they can actually do that to each other, but that they do it in public..

Even worse... "Boo", not sure whether the Nelly song came before or after it was used, it certainly didn't help matters.

Unless they were singing about this, that would be acceptable:

1139144321_boo.gif

I hate hearing guys call their girlfriends "babe"

I find it easier than her full name. Its just ease, and she quite likes it as well. I don't say it when out in public though, but to her I do.

As for the x's thing, its an x for a girl sometimes, just randomly. As for my girlfriend, she gets an "Xx". Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less, which can get me in trouble if I accidentally forget :p

I just put one at the end of all messages (completely voiding its intended meaning but hey ho) except to straight males and students (most of the time...)

Anything Ellmeister says annoy me. Particularly "no, you can't impregnate my sister."

I just put one at the end of all messages (completely voiding its intended meaning but hey ho) except to straight males and students (most of the time...)

Anything Ellmeister says annoy me. Particularly "no, you can't impregnate my sister."

Hey, its your funeral!

Be my guest, someone has to at some point, I just thought it would be mid-sixties :p

Not a "saying", but I hate when people say "Why are you in a bad mood?", and you say that just cause you aren't saying anything doesn't mean you're in a bad mood. Then they keep insisting, until you are in a bad mood. With them.

Not a "saying", but I hate when people say "Why are you in a bad mood?", and you say that just cause you aren't saying anything doesn't mean you're in a bad mood. Then they keep insisting, until you are in a bad mood. With them.

This x 1 million.

I don't smile giddily like everyone else and so its assumed I'm miserable.

Yet you always become miserable when they say you are.

Although it is sometimes funny I usually find it aggravating when people love to quote common as muck sayings from T.V. shows such as Family Guy...Ugh!

I also 100% agree with the comments about "could care less" and "are you in a bad mood?" They push all the wrong buttons for me!

Edited by Frank

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!