Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Sayings and Phrases that annoy you

Josh64

Are there any particular sayings and phrases that annoy you?

Personally, I hate the saying ''If it aint broke, don't fix it''. I think it's one of the worst, I totally disagree with it. If we all thought like that then nothing would progress. For example, if Nokia followed this saying, in the late 90's they could have been like, ''This 3310 works well as a phone, it has the ability to send texts and has decent sound quality for calls so we may aswell not bother making any new versions'' and no one would have the pleasure of taking pictures and surfing the internet on their phones. Everything can be improved, it's how we progress!

So, what about you guys? Any phrases or sayings you've heard lately that have annoyed you for some reason?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my mother used to say to me as a kid when I was genuinely full from dinner "Don't waste you're food, there's people in the world that are starving right now".

Cant believe I wasn't smart enough to respond I'd feel too guilty to eat the rest and wish to donate it. Biggest guilt inducing saying ever, like you could do fuck all about it. Don't eat it = Wasteful, inconsiderate. Eat it = Inconsiderate.

Good thread.

I hate the "I gave it 110 per cent" phrase (or whatever number they tag on above 100). It's not possible. And their perception of the effort they put in is usually at an average level anyway.

If they said "I did 10 per cent more work than I usually manage" or "I increased my game by 110 per cent" i.e something that is possible or makes sense, then I wouldn't complain.

BASTARDS!

Don't ask why but I hate it when someone says "Let's see the colour of your money", it irritates me.

I hate being called 'bruv' or 'cuz' (unless it's actually my cousin then I don't mind, lol) but I also hate chav talk (innit, blud, bare, yard, mans...). I actually heard a sentence with the mentioned in them and I just wanted to throw a dictionary at his head. It went something like "Yeye, de mans lits came down me yard ye and I sparked 'im out bruv. I was like "Naaaah nahhh, youse proper naughty innit coming down wid ya baaaaare mandem" and I called me Gs..."

...I'd rather hear nails down a chalkboard, it's just as annoying.

Shih-Tzu is not fucking pronounced Shit-Tzu, yet people constantly say it like that! If there was really a breed of dog with Shit in its name WHY WOULD YOU BUY IT?!

Also there they're their your you're, although I suppose that isn't really part of a saying or phrase though since it's written rather than spoken.

Edited by Nolan

Personally, I hate the saying ''If it aint broke, don't fix it''.

If it ain't broke, fix it untill it is. Can't remember where I heard that.

The totally nonsensical twisting of "Couldn't care less" into "Could care less", without the meaning changing with it.

It's unacceptable.

That annoys me too. Makes no sense. I heard someone say "I could care less, but I'd have to be asleep" once.

Phrases that annoy me:

People telling me to "Smile" when I'm clearly miserable. Fuck me, why didn't I think of that? Plus people who smile for no reason are often mentals. Twatbags.

"Is it Friday today?" "Yup, all day" That annoys me.

"Luke, I am your father" 24 fucking years I've had to put up with that. One day I'm just going to snap and tell them my Dad killed himself yesterday or something.

Pretty much anything facbeook kids use to describe their night.

"Uh-oh, such a Messy night!! So much banter though! Woooooooooo!!! Love my giiirrrrllliess!!"

I generally dislike use of lengethened words online also.

Anyway, IRL my vocab is comprised of about 60% stupid sayings and crap catchphrases so I can't really complain. Natch.

"Bruv", Urgh. Usually muttered by retards who call everyone they meet this. "Yeah Bruv"

"Bear" (or is it "bare"?) in replace of very. Example. "Yeah Bruv, it was bear good."

"Sick", again, Urgh. "Yeah Bruv, it was bear good." "Sick".

"Blood", usually used by those even too cool to use Bruv. Just replace Bruz with Blood.

"Yeah Bruv, it was bear good." "Sick Blood"

"good times", "bad times", etc

whenever i hear that i just want to slit some fuckin throats

Messy

^^^ this shit too

"JOKES!"

and this

put em all together and what do you get

"AAAH JOKES NITE!!! GOT PROPER MESSY LOL GOOD TIMES!"

goodbye facebook account!

Edited by or else you will DIE
Automerged Doublepost

"Bear" (or is it "bare"?) in replace of very. Example. "Yeah Bruv, it was bear good."

This one, when DNA digivolved with Dafts complaint "JOKES!" is the WORST thing ever. Almost as bad as;

The totally nonsensical twisting of "Couldn't care less" into "Could care less", without the meaning changing with it.

It's unacceptable.

I remember ReZ raging about this one time. I'm yet to encounter it in person.

It's a mainly american thing as far as I know. You hear it all the time on Tv shows and films from there.

If it ain't broke, fix it untill it is. Can't remember where I heard that.

That annoys me too. Makes no sense. I heard someone say "I could care less, but I'd have to be asleep" once.

Its an ongoing problem. All these videos are must watch viewing.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!