N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Both that are the Vitality Sensor are the two main guesses doing the rounds. Some are thinking the new Switch is gonna bring back the Wii U 2 screen idea but in a much better way.

So what you're saying is...

A 3RD SCREEN?!

Monolith Soft are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, and have released a video in commemoration of this: 

Think I've played more games that they've supported on than I have games they led development on, but still – from my time with the games they've had some involvement in, it's clear that they're one of the greats :bowdown:

Happy 25th Monolith Soft! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Monolith Soft are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, and have released a video in commemoration of this: 

Think I've played more games that they've supported on than I have games they led development on, but still – from my time with the games they've had some involvement in, it's clear that they're one of the greats :bowdown:

Happy 25th Monolith Soft! 

Really glad to see Disaster DOC get a shoutout here too.  The oft forgotten Monolith Soft game, and arguably one of their best!

6 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Really glad to see Disaster DOC get a shoutout here too.

You just know that NoA's YouTube channel wouldn't have it.

But yeah, that game easily gets on my Monolith Soft Top 3 list. Janky, and low budget, yet still a complete riot!

The things I would do for a sequel...

BTW.  This has been bugging me for a while now, but has anyone else noticed how Nintendo games no longer have copyright dates attached to their title screens anymore?

I think Metroid Dread was the first 1st party game to do this, but it seems to have now become the standard for all of Nintendo’s 1st party developed releases.  I wonder why?

Perhaps they’re trying to hide the fact that many of their games have been sitting in their vaults already finished well before their release? I mean, it’s trivial for them to change the copyright date on the title screen if so; but perhaps it’s becoming such a common occurrence now that they just can’t be bothered anymore?

Either way, it’s a strange decision.

If anyone's interested in being involved in a test for an upcoming Nintendo Switch Online feature, here's your chance – open only to NSO + Expansion Pack members, with applications opening tomorrow at 16:00 BST: 

We will perform a test called Nintendo Switch Online: Playtest Program related to a new feature for the Nintendo Switch Online service offered for the Nintendo Switch™ system.

We will recruit people to participate in this test from customers who have an active Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.

Customers will need to download exclusive software to their own Nintendo Switch system in order to participate.
Please review the application guidelines below before applying.

Seems like a neat opportunity, wonder what this is all about? Did someone say Activity Log? :p

Seemed a bit weird to put in one of the NSO threads with how those have been split up (seems like it's open to Expansion Pack members for the Playtest, but will be a potential wider NSO feature?) – hence why I'm dropping it in here :peace: