N-Europe

General Switch Discussion

Ashley

12 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Both that are the Vitality Sensor are the two main guesses doing the rounds. Some are thinking the new Switch is gonna bring back the Wii U 2 screen idea but in a much better way.

So what you're saying is...

A 3RD SCREEN?!

Monolith Soft are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, and have released a video in commemoration of this: 

Think I've played more games that they've supported on than I have games they led development on, but still – from my time with the games they've had some involvement in, it's clear that they're one of the greats :bowdown:

Happy 25th Monolith Soft! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Julius said:

Monolith Soft are celebrating their 25th anniversary today, and have released a video in commemoration of this: 

Think I've played more games that they've supported on than I have games they led development on, but still – from my time with the games they've had some involvement in, it's clear that they're one of the greats :bowdown:

Happy 25th Monolith Soft! 

Really glad to see Disaster DOC get a shoutout here too.  The oft forgotten Monolith Soft game, and arguably one of their best!

6 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Really glad to see Disaster DOC get a shoutout here too.

You just know that NoA's YouTube channel wouldn't have it.

But yeah, that game easily gets on my Monolith Soft Top 3 list. Janky, and low budget, yet still a complete riot!

The things I would do for a sequel...

BTW.  This has been bugging me for a while now, but has anyone else noticed how Nintendo games no longer have copyright dates attached to their title screens anymore?

I think Metroid Dread was the first 1st party game to do this, but it seems to have now become the standard for all of Nintendo’s 1st party developed releases.  I wonder why?

Perhaps they’re trying to hide the fact that many of their games have been sitting in their vaults already finished well before their release? I mean, it’s trivial for them to change the copyright date on the title screen if so; but perhaps it’s becoming such a common occurrence now that they just can’t be bothered anymore?

Either way, it’s a strange decision.