I am penguinophobic

Kirkatronics

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*wonders if it's a good time to admit that he's Muslim*

D'oh.

I have absaltuly no problem with Muslims, i think i may have got slightly off topic my view is that there should just be stricter immigration rules. And numbers should be limited. I also think immagrents should have to learn english. This would be good for everyone. Good that we can all talk to each other. I think any immagrents should try and integrate this is Britain they should integrate with the British way of life not the other way around.

No one. We took it for ourselves.

Thats a pritty ignorent thing to say. Thousends and thousends of soldiers, sailors and airman gave you that right.

So you're generalising your experience to include all immagrants? How lovely of you. You are aware you can be "not white" and british...right?

No im not generalising at all.

It depends as to what British means to you. If you mean some one with a british passport, a citizen of the united kingdom then yes you can be colour.

If you mean as in the ancient British race then no they can not be. Just as a white person cant be pakistani in ethenicity.

Em buy people all over the world. America is a big contributer. Iceland is another Britain has played its part but this is all another topic.

Its not free speach its slander in most cases. And who do you think gave the people of this country free speach?

That free speech they gave out allows them to say that.

Otherwise you have a system that says you can´t badmouth the people who help you.

On the immigrant issue, why do people have more rights to be slackers here but not elsewhere.

[Hippie]The idea of nationalism only serves to drive the corporate machine now a days[/Hippie]

No im not generalising at all.

It depends as to what British means to you. If you mean some one with a british passport, a citizen of the united kingdom then yes you can be colour.

If you mean as in the ancient British race then no they can not be. Just as a white person cant be pakistani in ethenicity.

By saying "Lets just say they weren't white" you were generalising, no question.

To be absolutely honest, you're all wrong. Who is 'you'? Getting me now?

These are all labels. 'White' is a label, 'black' is a label, 'middle-class', 'disabled', 'heterosexual'. Because we live in a society, of course we aren't alone, that uses these terms we will never be free of them. There will always an 'other'. This is a much bigger problem, ones that a lot of left wing people fall into because they are ready to blame something tangible. This isn't that dissimilar from extremist war on 'the West'. 'Bankers' are evil, 'terrorists' are evil - life isn't that simple but everyone wants it to be.

Ultimately some people are selfish and cruel. To externalise one person's behaviour to any other one person or group is unfair. Everyone must be seen as an individual. However, this is not, and probably never will be, realistic.

Society needs to find a way out of the whole discourse of labelling groups. That way would lie true liberation.

my views on imigration, by an unemployed dissolusioned university graduate.

i dont mind imigrants, or imigration, its the way forward in society. what i do mind is the fact that many imigrants get jobs i could have. If any one trys to tell me most people on bennefits are fiddling the system, or dont want to work, then please follow me to the gateway to learning course ive been enroled on. people are DESPERATE for jobs, of my group, the majority want to work, the majority are fairly decent people who just need to catch a break. there are some people who fiddle, and dont want a job, but they are the minority.

i support brining in skilled workers, i truly do, and i support offering assylem to those fleeing humanitarian crisis. what i cant abide is that jobs im desperate are given to imigrants, i just dont see the point.

i also hate the fact that so many jobs are outsorced in the uk. it just seems so greedy, the only reason to do it is to keep profits high as you can pay a pittance. its not ideal speaking to some one who dosent speak english as a first language when on the phone for techniqual reasons.

i agree its all due to luck we live in a prosperious contry, and i do think we should help those less fortunate, however, i dont think we should have such an open door polocy.

as for integration, i stand in the middle ground. keep your culture, your belifes and your traditions, but please try and speak the language, and dont expect our laws to change to fit your belifes or values.

i probebly sound pretty right wing about this, but there you go, i like imigrants, i dont like our polocy on imigration.

I know quite a few foreign people that come into this country and do make an effort to mix in with our society. They work and pay taxes. One of my colleagues was Polish. She spoke fluent english, and was one of the loveliest girls you could meet.

I could go into depth about the benefit claiming do nothing scums (foreign or not). But I'd be here all day.

my views on imigration, by an unemployed dissolusioned university graduate.

i dont mind imigrants, or imigration, its the way forward in society. what i do mind is the fact that many imigrants get jobs i could have. If any one trys to tell me most people on bennefits are fiddling the system, or dont want to work, then please follow me to the gateway to learning course ive been enroled on. people are DESPERATE for jobs, of my group, the majority want to work, the majority are fairly decent people who just need to catch a break. there are some people who fiddle, and dont want a job, but they are the minority.

i support brining in skilled workers, i truly do, and i support offering assylem to those fleeing humanitarian crisis. what i cant abide is that jobs im desperate are given to imigrants, i just dont see the point.

i also hate the fact that so many jobs are outsorced in the uk. it just seems so greedy, the only reason to do it is to keep profits high as you can pay a pittance. its not ideal speaking to some one who dosent speak english as a first language when on the phone for technical reasons.

i agree its all due to luck we live in a prosperous country, and i do think we should help those less fortunate, however, i dont think we should have such an open door policy.

as for integration, i stand in the middle ground. keep your culture, your beliefs and your traditions, but please try and speak the language, and dont expect our laws to change to fit your belifes or values.

i probably sound pretty right wing about this, but there you go, i like migrants, i dont like our policy on immigration.

aha but as a graduate, you should be aiming higher than immigrant workers can. i can't see much conflict of interest- being in the same position myself.

aha but as a graduate, you should be aiming higher than immigrant workers can. i can't see much conflict of interest- being in the same position myself.

I know a few people who either have trade skills or degrees and due to employment situations at the minute they are looking into any forms of employment that pays and isn't prostitution.

Seeing as Canada's Birth rate is lower than its death rate, immigration is very important. There are a lot of immigrants who work hard when they get here and contribute to society. I fear that making immigration stricter would make it harder for these people. When you look at the people who are just immigrating for the healthcare ect, well, I think everyone should have a right to healthcare. As long as immigrants are willing to get a job and work and contribute to society they should be allowed in. Now, if they come here and are on well-fare for a few years... ... thats different. We have to give people a chance, if they don't take it, its not our fault and other people shouldn't have to pay for it.

Some of the views on here are a little strong and would appear to be based on evidence that is more hearsay than the actual truth.

I'm not trying to profess I know everything but I would argue that under our current economic system, immigration is a good thing.

I'm all for it, I've been an immigrant worker in two other countries and I feel that I contributed in a small way. As long as the people who come over make some effort to assimilate (but not forget their own cultures entirely of course) and play an active role in society, then that's fine with me!

I have absaltuly no problem with Muslims, i think i may have got slightly off topic my view is that there should just be stricter immigration rules. And numbers should be limited. I also think immagrents should have to learn english. This would be good for everyone. Good that we can all talk to each other. I think any immagrents should try and integrate this is Britain they should integrate with the British way of life not the other way around.

It's ok, it just seems that there's a lot of hate. To be honest, the media don't paint a brilliant picture of muslims, and it's also something that my housemate studied for her dissertation, which was quite interesting. On the whole, the portrayal by the media is very negative.

I remember this one story that a friend told me when we had this discussion about immigration: A Pakistani post office owner was serving a customer who was also from Pakistan. The difference is that the owner of the post office had been here for nearly 30 years, whilst the customer hadn't. The customer didn't speak English, so the owner refused to serve her, as she was holding up the rest of the line. He was pretty slated for doing that, and was crucified by the press for this. I want to find a link to a news article on that as it sounds really interesting.

I think wherever you go, if you're choosing to stay in a particular place for a long time, to live for example, then you should learn the language. Or, at least have a basic grasp of the language in order to communicate. I visit Ine farily often in Belgium, and I'm trying to learn Dutch, and I can fully understand how hard it is to pick up another language, especially when you're older. But, if you've made the commitment to join another country, then you should make the effort to learn the language.

On the whole, I think one important question needs to be asked to a person who decides to live in another country: "Why?" If I decided to live in Belgium, for example, my answer would be simple. I don't think people move countries needlessly, there is something that they want, whether it's a better quality of life, more job prospects, moving for family, or perhaps something else, there is a reason.

Simone de Beauvoir - The Second Sex.

^This should be of immense interest to anyone who considers the tendancy of a group/ nation/ race/ and even sex, in this case, to label all outsiders as "others" of any importance. It's about the relationship between the two sexes, but it has a lot to offer to this "debate."

There is no "ancient British race" as any person lacking a cerebral haemmorrhage will tell you, those that claim themselves to be "British" in heritage are a race of mongrels, just as there are in fact many white skinned Pakistani people, most of whom reside in the northern Himalaya regions of the country. I think it's fairly pathetic to consider someone British within the circumstances of their birth. Being British is a disposition, not a colour. I was born in Pakistan, and lived there for the first seven years of my life. Im twenty now and consider myself fairly British. The difference between me and the people that would show hostility towards me is that I've long learned to abandoned that vain flag waving nationalism; a symptom of nothing but ignorance.

When people say that they don't want immigration because they are concerned with the welfare of society, in reality, by this they always mean the benefit of society as they wish it to be maintained or established.

Yes, sometimes the hostility towards foreigners may be well founded, most of the time it's gratuitous; but in truth it more or less conceals a desire for self-justification.

It's ok, it just seems that there's a lot of hate. To be honest, the media don't paint a brilliant picture of muslims, and it's also something that my housemate studied for her dissertation, which was quite interesting. On the whole, the portrayal by the media is very negative.

According to the media, Anjem Choudary is an representative sample of the Muslim population of this country. There's also the problem the the most vocal are those who with the least popular beliefs. Another issue is the Muslim Council of Britain - you could watch the news and read the papers for years on end without realising the only reason they are seen as representative of all Muslims in Britain is because they say they are. It's not like they've been elected by communities or anything, they've just said "we're a council!"

As for all he people around here bitchin' about immigrants, remember two things - your ancestors were at one time immigrants to this island, and some of you are starting to sound dangerously like the BNP.

As for all he people around here bitchin' about immigrants, remember two things - your ancestors were at one time immigrants to this island, and some of you are starting to sound dangerously like the BNP.

Unfortunately I think the BNP way of thinking is gaining more and more popularity and credibility. Since Christmas I have seen groups of BNP campaigners on two High Streets (Alnwick & Macclesfield), just looking like normal people (but I know they're racist dolts).

In this thread I'm with the left wingers on immigrants.

Unfortunately I think the BNP way of thinking is gaining more and more popularity and credibility. Since Christmas I have seen groups of BNP campaigners on two High Streets (Alnwick & Macclesfield), just looking like normal people (but I know they're racist dolts).

In this thread I'm with the left wingers on immigrants.

Theyve set up on my local high street too, its where a few black people usually sell baloons and bubble guns.

They eventually got further and further away as the day went on which made me laugh.

Some of their policies are god, but a bit overly extreme to strart off.

We need to make the rules tougher to get in, then gradually make those who shouldnt be here leave.

That free speech they gave out allows them to say that.

Otherwise you have a system that says you can´t badmouth the people who help you.

On the immigrant issue, why do people have more rights to be slackers here but not elsewhere.

[Hippie]The idea of nationalism only serves to drive the corporate machine now a days[/Hippie]

Thats bollocks you cant go around calling people murderers just because of there profession. Well not any more than i could walk arround saying that all asian men beat women.

Firstly its a lie. And secondly its ignorent. You cant just make lies up about people and claim free speach.

I agree with Danny, 'ignorent' 'immagrents' should 'absaltuly' learn English.

:laughing:

LOL, well said :p. There's so much bad spelling in this topic, even from people boasting about university degrees. A lot of immigrants know better English than they do!

Thats bollocks you cant go around calling people murderers just because of there profession. Well not any more than i could walk arround saying that all asian men beat women.

Firstly its a lie. And secondly its ignorent. You cant just make lies up about people and claim free speach.

You gotta be kidding me. No way is that the same. Saying all Asian men beat women is racist. Saying that people in the army might kill people is a job description. I don't care what uniform you're wearing when you kill someone its murder.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!