N-Europe

Fashion or: Do the clothes you wear reflect what kind of person you are?

Slaggis

The ones near me don't. I'm pretty sure its only certain stores. I've been to New Look a fair few times (have a friend who works there) and not seen anything. Maybe I should investigate further.

Although as far as cheap but awesome clothes my range of The Format shirts are my favourite for that. They cost £25 for 5 (and delivery) from the states (a while ago when the £ was better) and come in all kinds of fun colours and designs. Case in point (also proves my earlier underwear mention).

Again I feel this is just me rambling but oh well.

Oh and forgot to mention before, if I had the money I'd probably dress mostly in suits.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To answer the question that is the title: No.

I wouldn't expect anyone to care but there are a lot of people who buy into Topman and AmAppy's brand thinking they're being individual.

I care, and I am devastated. My step sister is one of similar belief, but she uses the term "trendy". These kind of people who are scared of how others percieve them, as soon as her spray on tan fades a tiny bit, she's back to top it up.

Dude, I'm in the living room, and I'm watching Rambo: First Blood.

Don't hate me!

I want pictures not excuses! :blank:

TK Maxx is excellent. It takes a long time to find anything decent, but when you do, it is assured you'll love it.

It really is, you have a vague idea where stuff is but it's in no order whatsoever. It's a treasure hunt of fabric proportions.

Oh and forgot to mention before, if I had the money I'd probably dress mostly in suits.
Me too. I really would.

I would love to say me too, as I was thinking about this yesterday and how awesome it would be. But I'd know there would be someone else like me thinking "What if he wasn't wearing a suit?", You see all important people and they're always wearing suits. Can we not see one picture of Obama wearing one of Ashley's hoodies? I think it would be aces.

I didn't notice this thread started from a little jibe at me and Haggis :p

I don't go only to topman. In fact, I have a huge variety of brands. My shirts however mostly come from River Island. That shirt you said is from Topman is actually from Envy where I used to work.

Now that I think about it, I don't buy hardly have anything from Topman, except for 2 long sleeves tops and white tops (cheap but nice).

I buy better clothes as well. A couple of prada things, evisu, lyle and scott. I don't buy it because of the label, I buy it because I know I look good in it. That is what matters to me. I care about my appearance, which I guess makes me sound superficial? Meh. I'm sure I had a point but I can't remember.

I have the same clothes now i did years ago, and i dont care. Mostly because i got them from gigs and they are timeless :p

They are not the typical black ones either, i like colour. So my wardrobe is basically colourful tees with my favourite bands on them. Only others tees i have are from Freespirit. I think my favourites are Mambo ones. I only own two pairs of jeans too.

I guess if i had the money i would buy more, but i wouldn't shop at TopMan or anything. I'm more into surfer shops, but i wouldnt get too much from them either. I'd probably buy a bunch of tees off the net, at least that way its slightly more original.

I guess my clothes do reflect who i am a little. I wear my belt to the side on purpose after all, and wear band tess so, yeah, its quite easy to tell im 'alternative' or whatever, or at least its immediately obvious i'm not a scally, which is the ultimate goal really.

I buy better clothes as well. A couple of prada things, evisu, lyle and scott. I don't buy it because of the label, I buy it because I know I look good in it. That is what matters to me. I care about my appearance, which I guess makes me sound superficial? Meh. I'm sure I had a point but I can't remember.

No, you're a fool I tell you. A FOOL. You must pay a couple more hundred for some chap to piss his name on it.

DOO EET.

if i had the money and wardrobe space i'd probably buy a load of more interesting clothes than i have now... but i like what i wear now ~ it's so nice being ABLE to clothes shop period (hardly anything my size in japland!)

i think i wear fairly normal clothes for my personality ~ kinda muted colours and little complicated patterns.... drives jamba crazy ^_^ he's like "wear more colourful stuff - you're colourful!!"

but yeeeeah.. if i had the money i'd buy out david and goliath (even though they steal all of their designs >_<!!) and eenuh's redbubble store!!

oh, and threadless...

yeah i'm all about t-shirts :grin:

I didn't notice this thread started from a little jibe at me and Haggis :p

I don't go only to topman. In fact, I have a huge variety of brands. My shirts however mostly come from River Island. That shirt you said is from Topman is actually from Envy where I used to work.

Now that I think about it, I don't buy hardly have anything from Topman, except for 2 long sleeves tops and white tops (cheap but nice).

Exactly. I don't buy my clothes becuase of where they are from, I buy the clothes I wear because I like them.

Fashion is the biggest piece of bullshit in the world. Everyone has to wear clothes to cover up their embarrassing, frail and unprotected flesh, get over it. Clothes with famous icons or slogans just makes you look like a little bitch.

I do, however, think taking clothes for what they are, is okay. Wearing smart clothes is nice and generally makes me feel confident in my appearance and ability. But to feel a certain way because of a branding? Jesus.

Anyway, this is post is incoherent and boring. I'll stop now.

Fashion is the biggest piece of bullshit in the world. Everyone has to wear clothes to cover up their embarrassing, frail and unprotected flesh, get over it. Clothes with famous icons or slogans just makes you look like a little bitch.

I do, however, think taking clothes for what they are, is okay. Wearing smart clothes is nice and generally makes me feel confident in my appearance and ability. But to feel a certain way because of a branding? Jesus.

Anyway, this is post is incoherent and boring. I'll stop now.

Agreed, of course

A really well kept secret, kept by those guys with 12 year old sisters.

Guys with 12 year old sisters have far filthier secrets to keep ;)

I don't really buy clothes. :)

I got a new fleece for christmas which I love it is really comfy. Part from that I wear mainly T-shirts people have brought back from their travels or very generic coloured T-shirts White/Blue/Black!

I also have some sexy simpsons boxer shorts...for the ladies... :/

My favourite T-shirts are My one from Eenuh and my Justice one! :grin:

I have one pair of Jeans and some combats!

Suit is the way to go definately, they are just awesome. I feel erotically charged while wearing them...

*blank stare*

ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm No. I assume that was a snide remark because I buy "expensive" clothes? Awesome job done there.

No. I'm saying that we all know you're lying. You don't buy it to look good and it feels nice. You've been rumbled Ell.

:blank:

I can't really remember.