N-Europe

What should your other half be?

Fierce_LiNk

It's late, and I'm pondering life, the universe, and the opposite sex.

A lot of my friends are in relationships, and looking at their other halves, they've all gone for something different. Humour, hot-ness, friendship (and more), etc. So, I thought I'd throw this out to N-E. I guess everyone looks for something different, and some people may not even know what they're looking for, or what they have.

So, what qualities do you think your other half should have. To keep it simple, maybe just list between 3 - 5.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimally symmetric.

AH!

Hard to say, but not beating around the bush, she needs to be attractive (I'm not a hypocrite and I don't want lowered expectations), no bullshit I dont want to have to act like someone else and be pc, basically someone who can just be lighthearted and have fun.

She has to be a friend, a real friend otherwise, it's just sex (which I wouldn't pass on anyway), I want to be able to talk to her and vice versa from my heart. Obviously, good hygiene is important, but that's obvious right? lol

I think that's what's really important :P I don't wanna put up with girls that think they're alternative and artistic and whatnot (something very common here in Portugal nowadays) when they're not. Grow up, put your feet on the ground.

Intelligence, but not so much that its boring. If they knew everything, or a lot more than me I would feel stupid.

Looks, well you wouldn't want to date someone ugly would you :)

Social personality, I like people who like to go out and have fun :) But also like those that enjoy a quiet night in sometimes, I know someone who and her boyfriend enjoy going out all the time and its silly.

A cute laugh. A necessity just because it is.

I like a girl who cares about how she looks :)

I joked the Doctor would be the ideal person for me a while ago because he changes every few years...but truth be told I'd probably want something more frequent :p

Which leads me to; it changes. I think the core of it is I want someone to challenge me. Mentally, emotionally...perhaps occassionally physically. I suppose people do anyway but not in a "and we live in a peaceful character-building existence" way but in a 'in 20 years time this'll lead me to therapy' way.

I'd like a strong independent woman myself, I rather like the feisty ones.

She doesn't really have to be particularly attractive (I'm mostly attracted to anything really) but she would need a decent sexual appetite.

I don't mind high maintenance though I'd prefer someone who can be laid back - someone I could sit around the house with on a rainy Sunday afternoon, toying with her hair.

Someone artistic or musical would be fun, but just as long as they've got a kind personality, anything's dandy.

I'm coming to the conclusion that be Australian is a pretty high requisite, for me. But thats for another thread one I cant be bothered to bump at the moment.

But yeah every Aussie lady i've met recently has had the kind of personality I go for, laid back, up for a laugh, confident, not annoyingly bitchy (thats the one that most English women fail at). I also absolutely love pretty eyes, someone like Mila Kunis for example has almost perfect eyes.

My gf comes pretty close, but I don't think you can ever get your "ideal" person, so It's pointless to try and idealise a human being to that extent. You'll never be happy that way, there will always be some small thing about your significant other that'll annoy the shit out of you.

She'd need to be able to make me laugh. Be someone I can be proud of. Be able to put up with my fucked-up-shit. I've put some sorry individuals through some of it, but I don't have the heart to force my shit on anyone else.

Bonus: Willing to be my slaaaaaaaaaave.

;)

I wouldn't say I'm picky about what I look for in a woman but others would say I am. I generally look for someone who is attractive (don't we all but within my own boundaries. I know who I can and can't get). Don't really care about hair colour or such things like that, although I like a girl with strange eyes (eg. There was a woman serving me in a shop who's eyes were that kind of blue colour that blend with the white of the eye and just look white. So striking. Very nice). She has to enjoy music, a wide range of music, likewise movies and some other arts, but not to the point where they are pretentious and feel the need to pass an opinion on everything. If we had stuff in common it'd be a bonus but it's not necessary cause that kind of thing can perhaps be ignited once going out.

Looking at it now, I am sort of picky. But then it's not like I've found it or having been looking for it that much. Oh well. I'm the kind of person who thinks if it'll happen, it'll happen and it'll happen spontaniously. Best not to force it.

I'd say humour/personality is the main characteristic i'd be looking for. They've also got to be easy to talk to. I can't stand people who are awkward, i feel like i have to keep the conversation going for both of us.

To me looks arn't that important, well i say that, i don't really know, someone who's hot to me might not be hot to someone else. To be honest i think i'm abit strange, i find unusual faces more attractive. (By unusual i don't mean deformed or anything like that)

Music taste may be abit of an influence, i can't stand rave music, but anything else is acceptable.

:)

- you shouldnt have to think about what you say , this is largely my problem , alot of girls my age (20) I just can not talk too , i have nothing to say to them and i really struggle to think so i really dont say anything .

I find women who are older much easier to talk to and I dont have to think about it as much conversations comes naturally.

What im trying to say is ideally i think your other half and you can hold a decent conversation that just happens and flows into other conversations and back and forth with ease , there's always something to talk about .

My other half is everything I'm not. Kind, understanding, strong, fun and does not judge others.

It's important not to go for someone like yourself... for in my case, I'd be going out with a judgemental, ignorant, down-right mean, weak minded fool who doesn't know how to have fun.

:)

My ideal woman would have to be:

Humour: I don't like women who think they have to be serious all the time, I like a girl who's up for a laugh. Also she has to have a cute laugh :)

Personality: I don't want a 'plastic', I like a girl who knows what she wants and also a girl I can talk to about anything and also she can talk to me about anything too. And also a woman who don't judge others and will always be herself and not act false.

Looks: I don't really care about how she looks but I wouldn't mind cute or sexy, lol.

Movies/Books/Music: I don't mind what she's into as long as she doesn't read magazines like 'Hello' and believes every word the newspaper says. Movies I don't mind because I'm into loads of movies. The same goes for music as I'm into loads of music (just as long as it's not like chav music, lol)

But unfortunately I haven't met the right girl yet, lol.

Movies/Books/Music: I don't mind what she's into as long as she doesn't read magazines like 'Hello' and believes every word the newspaper says.

Every woman reads Hello. Fact.

If they deny it they are lieing, but admirable that they at least realise it is shameful.

If they deny it, but also try to prove it, then do not fall deeper into their lies. These are the ones that should be avoided the most.

Every woman reads Hello. Fact.

If they deny it they are lieing, but admirable that they at least realise it is shameful.

If they deny it, but also try to prove it, then do not fall deeper into their lies. These are the ones that should be avoided the most.

I apologise, my fault, I forgot to say. I meant a woman who reads 'Hello' and then start to get majorly obsessed with celebrities' lives...sorta like a 'plastic' hahaha. I picked one of these magazines up at my mate's house and flicked through it, what a load of garbage. No wonder there are people out there who are dumb, they read crap like this. Pick up a good book!

Plus, I know a girl who don't read stuff like 'Hello' and she isn't lying. I've known her almost all my life and know everything about her, she's like a sister to me, lol.

maybe I'm a picky asshole, but I'm actually really concerned with what a girl is in to with film, music, literature or whatever. It's a compatibility thing I guess- I just can't imagine spending my nights watching shit, listening to boring music or whatever with somebody who's not going to want to talk about anything interesting with me.

Beyond that, I think I have pretty broad tastes with looks an the like. I mean, I have standards but I'd not be put off by somebody who wasn't my one true archetype or anything.

Someone I can talk for hours with about random crap, and someone who can make me laugh.

One thing I really cannot stand is men who really overdo deodorant. And I'm not keen on men who are really social, being the complete anti-socialite that I am :heh:

Looks aren't really a big issue for me. The only thing I like are beautiful eyes