Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last game you played

Chris the great

Left 4 Dead

Me and a friend hit up the co-op today for about 5 hours without realising how much time we'd spent. Amazingly funny, albeit at times frustrating. I love how stupidly tense it gets at time, and then you run into the Witch and it just ends in tears of laughter as she mercilessly claws into your thoracic cavity.

Of what I've played of it so far - 8/10

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish there were more levels. Also more variation. The AI director is great and hopefully with the next game they can take it to a new level. Maybe they could do a Mario Kart thing and have a mirror mode so you can go through levels backward.

Ghostbusters

Just completed the game, pretty short.

The Ghostbusters stuff was really good, loved all seeing all the characters again and listening to them. I even liked the players character who for all of the game was silent but had some good facial expressions.

The story was ok I guess.

The gameplay I found to be pretty average once you got past the novelty of using a proton pack, I got bored a few times doing the same old thing.

I thought the physics were way off, things were very light for what they were supposed to be and quite a few things moved on their own (ones that werent possessed).

Way too many glitches in this game, the biggest being that it sometimes wont recognise your saved game at all until you load multiplayer then quit out of it, and even then apparently some people lost all their stats and money.

6.5/10 Probably would have got lower if it wasnt a Ghostbusters game

Lair or Holy fuck this is a mess

im sure theres a game under all the nightmares. maybe even an ok one, but alas, after 5 levels of waving my dule shock 3 around like a twat, I'd had enough.

its a shame, flower shows that the sixaxis really works well, but alas, lair was to big a frustration.

a brave effort, but just to annoying to enjoy

4/10

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince- PS2

I'm a massive Harry Potter fan and I was really disappointed of how short and easy this game is. The DS version looks great and apparently the 360 version has more stuff in it so I'm going to get that one. I still enjoyed it though.

The PS2 version- 7.5/10

Edited by Animal

Red Faction: Guerilla (360)

It's a fun game. The whole destruction element adds some depth to the unoriginality of the missions, which quickly become a rinse and repeat of each other, just in a different area and with a slightly different tactic. As a result, it does get a bit boring and even the fun from destroying complete buildings dries up pretty quickly. The AI isn't particularly great but the game seems to pile on the pressure in ridiculous amounts when you go to full red alert. Given, yes it's full red alert and you're going to have to really fight your way out of anywhere but this takes it a bit too far with constantly spawning enemies and very little help from the guerillas that join you. There's also an over abundance of brown. Probably more than the Gears of War titles. It gets very monotonous very quickly, even when they try to introduce some foilage to colour it up.

It's a flawed game but aren't they all. It is fun though. I'm sort of glad I didn't have to pay the full £40 for it but there is enough there to justify the price, if you can look passed all of the monotonous missions. They took too much of a hint from GTA on this one and really should have kept it more in the series.

8 out of 10

Rock Band is better on the drums. Guitar-wise, GH owns RB.

Guitar Hero 2 is still the king imo, however Rock band destroyed GH3 and its wanky overcomplicated charts on some of the songs (Reign in blood having more notes than in the real song for example.) Neversoft also managed to completley break the hammer on / pull off bits. Rock Ban 2 is far from perfect but when I can potentially have a choice of over 600 songs compared to about 100 in GH:WT its no contest really.

I personally prefer GH, but RBs music library is hard to resist. So much so that I got the first one the other day. RB just doesnt feel as polished as GH, but I haven't played RB2 yet so maybe they fixed it in that. I'll get it at some point.

Secret of Mana (on an actual SNES!)

Took some getting used to, it feels a bit old and basic now (unsurprisingly). Still pretty good and tonnes better than crappy random battles.

My main gripe (and one I have with all old RPGs) is that there is no journal or something similar to tell you where you are going next or what you have just done. If you leave the game for a while and come back, you're fucked. Or if you're like me and don't pay attention to what you're supposed to do next in the first place...

It's still a classic though. I'm determined that I'll complete it eventually.

8/10

I played a demo of Guitar Hero Greatest Hits a while ago.

It was actually shit. It just felt completely soulless and had no charm like the original GH games...the Guitar Hero I loved is dead.

Fucking come here, Rock Band 2, you're my number one...*hug*

Sam and Max Season 2 Episode 1: Ice Station Santa

My favourite so far, the humour is more crude and it has dropped most of the running jokes throughout season one.

Only downside is that some of the puzzles are a bit nonsensical.

On an unrelated note, Tales Of Monkey Island will be released on steam right?

Little big planet

I really liked this, although playing with two people annoyed me alot, mostly because of how much you can pull and push each other, didn't really seem that needed and was too much of a distraction. The controls were abit off, but otherwise I liked the game and the idea, not sure if I'd play it again though

8/10

Little big planet

I really liked this, although playing with two people annoyed me alot, mostly because of how much you can pull and push each other, didn't really seem that needed and was too much of a distraction. The controls were abit off, but otherwise I liked the game and the idea, not sure if I'd play it again though

8/10

at first, i wasnt sure about lbp, but once you get creating, man it comes alive. you start to see how the world works, get ideas of your own, its truly beautiful.

I've been saying that the first Prime was the best for ages! Even before controls the first is just better in every other aspect, therefore better overall by miles. Echoes was also great, I don't think I've ever anticipated a game as much as it and for me it delivered. Corruption is still a decent game but in terms of the trilogy, it's not up to scratch.

Fallout 3... There are a few flaws in the experience that sort of put you out of the virtual realm, characters being a main concern, but it's such a goddamn good game that you can't really complain. Prime is better though, there's just so many good things about it, later in the game especially. Music is sublime too.

Prime 3 is easier than the rest and it;s more like halo..

Metroid should have just stuck with what it was good at and fuck the shallow idiots :D

I know it's not exactly a brilliant selling series though so I understand.. But Metroid prime felt very retro(no pun intended) but 3... ah you know the rest.

Super Metroid

So I played this to see what all the fuss was about, and it's quite excellent. Now I see why Prime was so good, it was this game in 3D. Simply a masterclass in level design, I had so much fun exploring Zebes. The music is also outstanding. The only problem I had was I was playing using a keyboard and so some of the combat, and the bosses, felt very tricky, forcing me to collect as many energy tanks and missiles as possible. Lastly, I should mention those critters that taught me how to wall jump and shinespark, they were awesome.

10/10

Nice one, Zell : peace: ..good to see that I wasn't the only one giving Super Metroid a go in the last couple of weeks :hehe:

I played it where it was supposed to be played (the SNES :heh:) and have to say that I really enjoyed the game too :smile: My experience, however, was tarnished by my initial data disappearing after I lost the battle with Ridley towards the end :hmm: Thankfully, I had enough willpower after that to go again from scratch and was able to burn through it in a couple of days :smile: I actually found it even better the second time because I didn't feel as lost, a criticism I would perhaps level at the game. I'm not a fan of having to scan everything in Metroid Prime (and I didn't.. I basically scanned what I needed to and didn't concern myself with the percentages..) so it was unfortunate that Super Metroid required a lot of investigation regarding the walls and hidden passages. Before the X-Ray became available, it was a question of bombing around hoping to stumble on something.. but then, even with the X-Ray, you still had to stop and have a look round with it every so often!

Anyway, it really was a fantastic game but I'm not sure it is quite as perfect as a lot of fans make out.. though I do regret that I never had a chance to play it when it first came out as it would probably have been an even greater experience :hehe:

I wouldn't really like to place a score on it.. but since this is Rate the last game you played I guess I should..

Super Metroid

9/10

Nice one, Zell : peace: ..good to see that I wasn't the only one giving Super Metroid a go in the last couple of weeks :hehe:

I played it where it was supposed to be played (the SNES :heh:) and have to say that I really enjoyed the game too :smile: My experience, however, was tarnished by my initial data disappearing after I lost the battle with Ridley towards the end :hmm: Thankfully, I had enough willpower after that to go again from scratch and was able to burn through it in a couple of days :smile: I actually found it even better the second time because I didn't feel as lost, a criticism I would perhaps level at the game. I'm not a fan of having to scan everything in Metroid Prime (and I didn't.. I basically scanned what I needed to and didn't concern myself with the percentages..) so it was unfortunate that Super Metroid required a lot of investigation regarding the walls and hidden passages. Before the X-Ray became available, it was a question of bombing around hoping to stumble on something.. but then, even with the X-Ray, you still had to stop and have a look round with it every so often!

Anyway, it really was a fantastic game but I'm not sure it is quite as perfect as a lot of fans make out.. though I do regret that I never had a chance to play it when it first came out as it would probably have been an even greater experience :hehe:

I wouldn't really like to place a score on it.. but since this is Rate the last game you played I guess I should..

Super Metroid

9/10

I was very confused and lost at first, in fact I kinda gave up on it months ago after I just didn't know where to go. I wasn't really used to the idea of bombing/shooting seemingly normal walls to find my way (in Prime the walls were "cracked"). However the more I got into the game the more I got used to it, I always knew that whenever I came to a dead end there was probably a secret passage somewhere. By the time I got the X-Ray Scanner, I probably didn't need it.

One thing I can now remember that did annoy me greatly was that I saved in Tourian just before the Mother Brain and I wanted to go back to collect all the items but it wouldn't let me! Lame.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!