N-Europe

Obama -VS- McCain Choose your Poison!

Pit-Jr

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good on him for winning it. I did think it'd be a little bit closer, although as of this moment there are still roughly 4 states who haven't put up their winner according to the BBC.

I think the Republicans should be ashamed of themselves though. In McCain's defeat speech, when he congradulated Obama, they stood and booed and hissed. Bunch of rednecks. Get over it.

This is fantastic news! I'm glad that America got it right this time.

Bit presumptuous. surely we should wait and see what happens before we state they made the right choice. In fact, perhaps there wasn't even a right choice available for all we know...

To be honest, to me this election seemed to be based too much on an anti bush sentiment than on the merits of the individual candidates, which isn't a good thing in my eyes (though it is understandable).

The fact that the senate, house AND president are all from the same party is concerning, especially with the margins involved in the house and senate.

One thing I will say is (imo indisputably) good is that it breaks the invisible barrier of race when it comes to president. McCain was gracious in defeat too, which is nice to see.