N-Europe

Cracking joints

Dog-amoto

Weird what topics people come up with.

How many of your joints crack regularly? I feel like I need to get some cod liver oil or something. A list of mine:

All three joints of all eight fingers = 24

Both joints of both thumbs = 4

Both wrists = 2

Both elbows = 2

Both shoulders = 2

Neck = 1

Lower back = 1

Both hips = 2

Both knees = 2

Both ankles = 2

All ten toes = 10

I feel really sad for counting now but that's 52 joints and some crack more than once. A lot have come from old biking/football injuries and it feels like I'm falling to bits!

I know some people who can crack their jaw and their nose, which is really weird!

Don't know why, but I love cracking joints, and before anyone says anything, there's no scientific evidence to link it with arthritis.

There's no evidence but it still isn't healthy for you I'm sure.

I unfortunetly click my knee everytime I walk, it's disgusting but never gets sore, I need physio but have never bothered going.

So 1, currently. I try not to click my fingers or toes if I can help it.

*Goes on a cracking spree...er...Gromit.*

Right elbow

Middle finger on my left hand

Both wrists

Both knees

Neck

Jaw

Both big toes

Both hips

Not always, but sometimes all my fingers will crack when I stretch them.

That's about 12. 19 if you add the last one. That's not right, is it? For someone my age. :hmm:

Guest Jordan

I can crack quite alot.

Isn't the cracking just due to the fluid in your joints moving around? Its not a bad thing, at all.

I crack my fingers alot, I like it. Same for my neck. My toes do it too but I don't do it as often, and then wrist/elbow/knee/ankle sometimes.

However, my jaw does it involuntarily when I chew. Only on the right for some reason. Has done it for about 2 months, should really get it checked out because it can be quite painful if I'm eating a steak or something.

whenever I squat down my knee clicks and sometimes my elbow clicks. I sometimes click my neck or back as well. I used to click my fingers but my thumb has really started hurting when used (such as bowling) to the extent it started affected my guitar playing. However since I've stopped it's gone back to normal

I can crack my fingers fairly easy, also my jaw cracks when eating which catches me by surprise and sometimes hurts. My foot cracks when i walk after i leave it in a funny position. My right elbow also suffers from cracking, although that has to do with when i fractured it. It is the same with my wrists however that links to the same incident with the elbow. My final cracky bodypart are my knees, when i stand up sometimes my knees crack.

I've got arthritis so it probably is the cause for mine..

All of my joints crack, hips, knees, ankles, spine, shoulders, elbows, wrists, fingers... I'm a broken girl!

My wrists and feet are permanently swollen. My elbows swell and I lose all the feeling in my arms. I wake up with crippling pain in my hips in the morning. Shoes don't fit properly because of my retarded swollen feet.

/complain

:heh:

Oh @ babooo, I can crack my jaw on demand, it means your jaw is not aligned properly afaik!

By the way, cracking your joints is NOT good for them, it wears them down and one day youll end up like me, with crippling arthritis, and moaning like an old fool. XD

I think I could crack my Knuckles if I wanted to but I don't like the feeling! :)

Plus once I let some one else do it and it hurt like a charm.

I hate it also when my finger sometimes locks and you have to crack it to get it back open. Happened to me this morning while trying to get an achievement on tetris. It cost me the game. :( :p