N-Europe

Annoying.

The day I watch the finale for Season 1 of Terminator, is the day its announced that its cancelled. And now for some stupid reason Season 2 isn't out till September. Saying that though Season 1 was fantastic, the pool scene in the finale was just spectacular.

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameswipe would be brilliant, he used to be a game reviewer and he understands why normal people reject videogames as something nerdish, which they kind of are.

In one of his screenburn articles he wrote something about wanting to show how a videogame is fun to someone that hasn't played them before. So he gets shows this new release off to someone because he thinks it's great whilst simple, but then he realises that just explaining what the buttons are and the menus do is very difficult and almost pointless.

I have experienced this trying to show my Dad a game.

I just realised that, as of Tuesday morning, my season of regular tv will have come to an end. Boo hiss, etc.

Still, I've been eying up a couple of shows to cover in the mean time and a few dvds to march through.

Southland is still going strong and is early on enough to catch up with. The rest of your list I hereby demand to inspect :P I am certain you'll Breaking Bad-it-up.

Life is coming to ITV3 sooon, so hopefully ITV1 will grow some common sense and air it later, too. Watch it, folks!

So they cancelled Terminator, but renewed that wanky Joss Whedon feminine-empowerment-will-they-won't-they-hilarious-cultural-references shit?

I am now not going to import any more Fox DVDs, I'm going to buy the "back of the lorry" stuff they sell on street corners here just like everyone else.

Haha!! Yeah. I don't think I like any non-Buffy Joss Whedon crap. Even that after season 3 went violently down here bar a few amazing episodes.

Firefly was utter rubbish. Predictable as sin in terms as dialogue and that theme tune was an affront to God.

TSCC was the last good Sci-Fi show on after BSG ended. This is very lame. Can'r Sci-Fi may be pick it up or something. *Prays for a miracle*

So they cancelled Terminator, but renewed that wanky Joss Whedon feminine-empowerment-will-they-won't-they-hilarious-cultural-references shit?

I am now not going to import any more Fox DVDs, I'm going to buy the "back of the lorry" stuff they sell on street corners here just like everyone else.

Dollhouse costs less to make, and they've cut money from their budget for the second season after Joss proved that it can be done (using the not-aired 13th ep as example). Plus I think (although am not certain) factoring in DVR, Hulu etc Dollhouse does better.

Haha!! Yeah. I don't think I like any non-Buffy Joss Whedon crap. Even that after season 3 went violently down here bar a few amazing episodes.

Firefly was utter rubbish. Predictable as sin in terms as dialogue and that theme tune was an affront to God.

TSCC was the last good Sci-Fi show on after BSG ended. This is very lame. Can'r Sci-Fi may be pick it up or something. *Prays for a miracle*

Unlikely. Sy-Fy (as its now called for some stupid reason) is a part of the NBC group, TSCC is made by WB I think and aired on Fox thus there's no financial benefit from NBC having it (unlike say if they tried to get it onto The CW which is also owned by WB and thus would work out better financially) whereas I'm pretty sure Dollhouse is both made by and aired on Fox. Its why Scrubs moved to ABC, because the mouse has been making it all these years.

I don't quite understand the fuss with Dollhouse. Watched the first three and its meh. Does it get considerably better after that? I understand its on Sky now, so I'll watch if it does.

It does get a lot better (specifically from the 6th) and I still enjoy it but yeah it's not the best out there. Still, after the second season Dollhouse will still have less episodes of TSCC made so if it does get cancelled TSCC still comes out on tops (in terms of 'fairness') :heh:

I watched two seasons of TSCC after reading praise for it on this forum. I'm on the flipside to most people here - I think it deserved to be cancelled. It was decidedly average. (And Manson's acting skills were decidedly below below average)

DAVE is going to be repeating the new Red Dwarf episodes so that you can see them in one sitting (even though their advert breaks are frickin epic) and I wanted to know if they were worth watching?

What was the general consensus? Good bits/bad bits?

Ricky Gervais returns to HBO

Ricky Gervais is back in business at HBO, which has just ordered an animated series based on his popular series of podcasts.

"The Ricky Gervais Show" features Gervais and his longtime collaborator Stephen Merchant (who were behind HBO and BBC's "Extras") -- and revolves around the world of their unusual friend, Karl Pilkington.

Media Rights Capital is producing the show, along with Wildbrain, the animation house behind "Yo Gabba Gabba." HBO has picked up 13 half-hour episodes, which will likely bow in early 2010.

"The Ricky Gervais Show" started out as a radio program in London; in 2005, Gervais and Merchant decided to turn it into a podcast -- and brought Pilkington, a radio producer they had met years earlier -- along. The podcasts began to focus particularly on the eccentric mind of Pilkington.

"They find him to be the funniest person in the world," MRC's Modi Wiczyk said. "Ricky says Karl is like crack to him." According to Gervais and Merchant, "Karl is a man who believes that a sea lion is a cross between a fish and a dog. Hopefully, Karl will enter the pantheon of animated greats."

The podcast became wildly popular -- and even scored a Guinness World Record in 2007 for being the most-downloaded podcast on the Internet.

Fans even began animating some of Pilkington's musings themselves, uploading the shorts to the Internet. It was Wildbrain development VP Lisa Ullmann who first put the idea of an animated version in Gervais' head.

"It's such a natural for animation," Ullmann said. "We worked closely with (Gervais) figuring out how he wanted himself to look, as well as Steven and Karl."

Show will utilize the audio from the "Gervais" podcasts and open each week with the animated version of the trio. Then, once Pilkington begins telling one of his unusual stories, the animation will delve into those worlds.

MRC is fully financing the show and will take it to the international market shortly. Animated series is their second at HBO, along with "The Life and Times of Tim." It also extends MRC's relationship with Gervais; the company is producing his feature "The Invention of Lying" for Warner Bros.

Gervais, Merchant and Pilkington will exec produce, along with Wildbrain's Bob Higgins. Ullman will be co-exec producer, while Wildbrain's Craig Kellman is animation director.

The producers expect to deliver "The Ricky Gervais Show" to HBO by the end of the year.

Example: What it would look like:

Edited by Dante

Those podcasts were great, although K.P solo versions weren't that great because it felt like he was reading off a script and didn't sound spontaneous. That may have been the case in the podcasts featuring all 3 people, but Karl is just much funnier in those, and the reactions are brilliant.

Look forward to seeing these animations.

Edit: the animation looked OK, funny ending 'chimp off the old block. I don't care if it's just well written, I find it very funny.

Edited by dwarf

Edit: the animation looked OK, funny ending 'chimp off the old block. I don't care if it's just well written, I find it very funny.

Sorry I have forgotten to say that video was fanmade with audio from some London radio station.

I don't quite understand the fuss with Dollhouse. Watched the first three and its meh. Does it get considerably better after that? I understand its on Sky now, so I'll watch if it does.

Not really. I stopped downloading it because it just wasn't worth the hassle.

I watched two seasons of TSCC after reading praise for it on this forum. I'm on the flipside to most people here - I think it deserved to be cancelled. It was decidedly average. (And Manson's acting skills were decidedly below below average)

Well, she was a Terminator...

I actually thought she was one of the better aspects of the show.

I wasn't too keen on the Jesse/Riley storyline though - that brought the series down a little for me.

Well, it goes to show that if you invest yourself in a TV show, you get shat upon. May as well go and watch American Idol.

It's a disgrace

Welcome to TV fandom. Its a heartbreaking experience.

ABC's new fall previews: http://abc.go.com/fallpreview/index?pn=index

Including Cougar Town (Coutney Cox, Christa Millian), Hank (Kelsey Grammar), The Middle (Neil Flynn), Happy Town (Amy Acker), V (Alan Tudyk and Morena Baccarin).

Not sure how Neil Flynn being on Scrubs and The Middle is going to work out but according to Dushku they hope to have Acker in some capacity for Dollhouse next season. Considering she was shown for about a second on the trailer I get the feeling her role isn't the biggest so hopefully Acker will be back.